What positive changes can make fiverr better?

designerz_edge

Don’t you understand how ridiculous that plan is?

1- Dear buyer, please make an order for 5$ (the price is actually 50, but you will pay the other 45$ with a tip!)

2 - Buyer agrees

3 - Buyer receives the product.

4- Buyer OBVIOUSLY does not tip 45$, because why would he? Nothing forcing him to do so!

5- I just sold 50$ for 5$.

You’re a genius, man.

OBVIOUSLY does not tip 45$, because why would he? Nothing forcing him to do so!

Anyone who has regular buyers would cheat the system for sure. I know there are plenty of my buyers who would operate like that if I asked them to and it didnt cost them any more.

Aside from that, I contacted my local tax office - those guys are unbelievably ridiculous!

They want me to pay tax on my tips! Its an outrage!

Website is too buggy

I have not experienced any of those bugs, although there are plenty of others.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only wish Fiverr can change the new algorithm back to the old one if they still have it.

and what if the ones who are doing great with the new algorithm, suffer with the old one. Someone has to be on 3rd or 4th page in your place if the old one places your gig at better front position. You think if the Algorithm ( Old in your case ) favors YOUR gigs, that’s absolutely justified (then Fiverr is a great site). Think about it.

and what if the ones who are doing great with the new algorithm, suffer with the old one. Someone has to be on 3rd or 4th page in your place if the old one places your gig at better front position. You think if the Algorithm ( Old in your case ) favors YOUR gigs, that’s absolutely justified (then Fiverr is a great site). Think about it.

I seriously don’t want to be drawn into any algorithm debate. The thing I know is a lot of sellers (new and old) are not doing well with the present algorithm. I have been on Fiverr a long time to know that this present Fiverr algorithm is the most controversial ever. Never has anyone before it raised as much debate and animosity as this current one has.

That exactly was the point I was trying to raise, nothing about me being on the first page or the tenth. Somehow I always find my way around every algorithm.

I seriously don’t want to be drawn into any algorithm debate. The thing I know is a lot of sellers (new and old) are not doing well with the present algorithm. I have been on Fiverr a long time to know that this present Fiverr algorithm is the most controversial ever. Never has anyone before it raised as much debate and animosity as this current one has.

That exactly was the point I was trying to raise, nothing about me being on the first page or the tenth. Somehow I always find my way around every algorithm.

OT for datwriterguy

and I know some personally for whom its doing exceptionally great. We cant generalize it as there are many sellers who aren’t on forum. ( I don’t know the exact figure but its not even one fourth of total users. Anyways, lets stop it here as its off topic and will derail the topic in wrong direction.

OT for datwriterguy

and I know some personally for whom its doing exceptionally great. We cant generalize it as there are many sellers who aren’t on forum. ( I don’t know the exact figure but its not even one fourth of total users. Anyways, lets stop it here as its off topic and will derail the topic in wrong direction.

Of course but just as I said with my first comment - Personally, I can only wish Fiverr can change the new algorithm back to the old one if they still have it. But I know that isn’t possible.

Oh, and if a seller proposes to connect outside of Fivver for business, it’s an instant ban. So I don’t see the problem, really.

I think they’ve adjusted their position on this. I’ll have to remember to check the “red text” in the order to see if it’s changed. (referring to banning as a result of contact outside of fiverr).

I think we should be allowed to name names of scammers in the forum.

I’d also like an ignore option in the forum so that I no longer read posts from people who act like they are forum moderators when in actuality they are not. (not naming names here)

Fiver could do a better job of cracking down on fake reviews. There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of fraudulent sellers on Fiverr with fake reviews from multiple accounts that they have purchased or created. 4. Seller and Buyer protection should be paramount to Fiverr. Making money would be a byproduct of that action.

Do something special to recognize good sellers. Without them, fiver would not exist for long.

1. I think we should be allowed to name names of scammers in the forum.
  2. I’d also like an ignore option in the forum so that I no longer read posts from people who act like they are forum moderators when in actuality they are not. (not naming names here)
  3. Fiver could do a better job of cracking down on fake reviews. There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of fraudulent sellers on Fiverr with fake reviews from multiple accounts that they have purchased or created. 4. Seller and Buyer protection should be paramount to Fiverr. Making money would be a byproduct of that action.
  4. Do something special to recognize good sellers. Without them, fiver would not exist for long.

This mean speaks THE TRUTH. Glad to see some common sense!

2. I’d also like an ignore option in the forum so that I no longer read posts from people who act like they are forum moderators when in actuality they are not. (not naming names here)
  3. Fiver could do a better job of cracking down on fake reviews. There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of fraudulent sellers on Fiverr with fake reviews from multiple accounts that they have purchased or created. 4. Seller and Buyer protection should be paramount to Fiverr. Making money would be a byproduct of that action.
  4. Do something special to recognize good sellers. Without them, fiver would not exist for long.
  1. – I don’t think this will ever happen. Calling out other users on the Fiverr forums has always been against the rules (as far back as I can remember). Calling others out is just plain inappropriate – and it incites negativity. That’s not what these Fiverr forums are for.

2. – I would imagine some sort of selective ignor function would greatly impair forum discussions. Imagine what reading a forum discussion would be like if 30-50% of a conversation was “hidden” just so you didn’t have to deal with people you disagree with. We can disagree on this forum – that’s part of free discourse; learning how to do so with civility is a good thing. Silencing others just because you disagree with them is a terrible road to travel.

3. – Yes, they could. But they are also taking serious action right now – even if you aren’t aware of it yourself. Fiverr is working hard to improve their site, and weed out the bad seeds who misuse this site. Let them do their thing. As much as we would like things to be fixed and updated on our schedules, that’s just not how things work here. We just have to learn how to be patient with the things that aren’t quite as we would like them to be. A perfectly functioning site IS Fiverr’s goal. But the reality of that goal is that it’s never going to truly be so. There will ALWAYS be new features being tested, new upgrades being implemented, and random errors being corrected.

4. – Sure, I think Fiverr could do more to thank and reward it’s sellers. But then again, that’s not really the purpose of this website. Fiverr, at it’s core, is nothing more than a hosting site for us sellers to host our freelance services. Fiverr gives us space to do so, and in return, keeps 20% of whatever profits we make from every sale. It isn’t Fiverr’s responsibility to reward us for doing what we should be working hard to do on our own anyway. Fiverr hosts. We sell. That’s what Fiverr exists to do.

1. – I don’t think this will ever happen. Calling out other users on the Fiverr forums has always been against the rules (as far back as I can remember). Calling others out is just plain inappropriate – and it incites negativity. That’s not what these Fiverr forums are for.

2. – I would imagine some sort of selective ignor function would greatly impair forum discussions. Imagine what reading a forum discussion would be like if 30-50% of a conversation was “hidden” just so you didn’t have to deal with people you disagree with. We can disagree on this forum – that’s part of free discourse; learning how to do so with civility is a good thing. Silencing others just because you disagree with them is a terrible road to travel.

3. – Yes, they could. But they are also taking serious action right now – even if you aren’t aware of it yourself. Fiverr is working hard to improve their site, and weed out the bad seeds who misuse this site. Let them do their thing. As much as we would like things to be fixed and updated on our schedules, that’s just not how things work here. We just have to learn how to be patient with the things that aren’t quite as we would like them to be. A perfectly functioning site IS Fiverr’s goal. But the reality of that goal is that it’s never going to truly be so. There will ALWAYS be new features being tested, new upgrades being implemented, and random errors being corrected.

4. – Sure, I think Fiverr could do more to thank and reward it’s sellers. But then again, that’s not really the purpose of this website. Fiverr, at it’s core, is nothing more than a hosting site for us sellers to host our freelance services. Fiverr gives us space to do so, and in return, keeps 20% of whatever profits we make from every sale. It isn’t Fiverr’s responsibility to reward us for doing what we should be working hard to do on our own anyway. Fiverr hosts. We sell. That’s what Fiverr exists to do.

Calling a scammer out is never inappropriate. It’s a useful service for the community. I would even argue that calling out scammers is a duty.

Calling a scammer out is never inappropriate. It’s a useful service for the community. I would even argue that calling out scammers is a duty.

No. Calling out other users on the Fiverr forums is against the forum rules.

Doing so will result in Moderator action/edits against your post.

Fiverr should limit buyer request responds!

Because if someone posts a requiement! I can guarantee they get lots of responds and major sellers just respond without reading requests and this make flood in buyer’s account!

Fiverr should limit buyer request responds!

As a buyer I don’t really want Fiverr to limit how many offers I can get. Last time I received close to 30 requests in less than an hour and pretty much all of it was spam. I want Fiverr to keep it open for everyone to make offers and I’ll get to these when I have time.

Who gets to decide who is a scammer and who isn’t?

The beautiful part of it is that the readers of the forum could form their own opinion. For example, if one is a seller, they could search on a buyers name to look for a pattern. Does this buyer have issues with multiple sellers? If so perhaps they are a problem buyer and it would be best to avoid them. Likewise, if one is a buyer and they search on a sellers name they could see if there is a pattern of complaints. With all of that information one could use it to help form their own opinion.

This is my last post on this thread as I feel people are straying from the intended topic. I was nearly responding to “What positive changes can make fiver better?”

Keep up the god work Mod. This forum must keep you incredibly busy:)

The beautiful part of it is that the readers of the forum could form their own opinion. For example, if one is a seller, they could search on a buyers name to look for a pattern. Does this buyer have issues with multiple sellers? If so perhaps they are a problem buyer and it would be best to avoid them. Likewise, if one is a buyer and they search on a sellers name they could see if there is a pattern of complaints. With all of that information one could use it to help form their own opinion.

This is my last post on this thread as I feel people are straying from the intended topic. I was nearly responding to “What positive changes can make fiver better?”

Keep up the god work Mod. This forum must keep you incredibly busy:)

What you are speaking about is a review system.

A review system already exists for buyers to rate sellers but only when they have bought and completed a service. With all the talk about fake reviews, review rings etc, imagine how many fake posts there would be if there was such a system without even having to pay for it! That’s what the forum would turn into - thousands of bot generated gibberish posts singing the praises of people who are actually incompetent would render any potential positive you mentioned to be eliminated pretty quickly.

I can only imagine how much busier I would be with your ideal forum 😃

What you are speaking about is a review system.

A review system already exists for buyers to rate sellers but only when they have bought and completed a service. With all the talk about fake reviews, review rings etc, imagine how many fake posts there would be if there was such a system without even having to pay for it! That’s what the forum would turn into - thousands of bot generated gibberish posts singing the praises of people who are actually incompetent would render any potential positive you mentioned to be eliminated pretty quickly.

Not much Eoin, That would be a disaster. The 1% forum users will also log out. It will be a spooky place of 👻

I would love the 14 day waiting period for your funds to clear to be removed, I would to get paid once the order is marked complete.

I would love the 14 day waiting period for your funds to clear to be removed

I think it is less for top rated sellers, so try to bump up your status 😉

That being said, I’d like it to be shorter as well.

I would love the 14 day waiting period for your funds to clear to be removed

I think it is less for top rated sellers, so try to bump up your status 😉

That being said, I’d like it to be shorter as well.

i dont think top rated sellers get any lesser clearance time.

Guest offlinehelpers

i dont think top rated sellers get any lesser clearance time.

TRS get 7 day clearance - there’s an incentive for us! 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

well we cant be all top rated sellers, but then even 7 days is still a long time

And there was me thinking it was a good thing! 😉

Archived