Personal taste matters..... is this fair?

Guest matt_garry

Guest matt_garry

I have a policy I added on my custom background music gig that said:

•2 SMALL REVISIONS ARE FREE FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WANT MORE REVERB OR TO CHANGE THE TONE OF THE INSTRUMENTS. REVISIONS TAKE UP TO 7 DAYS.

•MUSIC IS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION & PERSONAL TASTE I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE SONG OR IF YOU CHANGED YOU’RE MIND AFTER DELIVERY. NEITHER WILL JUSTIFY A REFUND OR NEGATIVE REVIEW BY PURCHASING YOU AGREE TO COMPLY TO ALL POLICIES.

I asked CS on how to tackle rude and unfair buyers and if my policy would help me with unfair redos and negatives. They gave me helpful advice and told me that the more info and rules you have on you’re gigs the better. Most disputes are caused by uninformative descriptions and miscommunication.

CS also mentioned this witch sort of gave me a little anxiety…

"Unfortunately, a policy like that won’t really help. You can’t simply tell buyers that you can’t help their personal taste. If they don’t like what you gave just do your best to work things out."

My Thoughts:

I get it if I send absolute garbage go for it leave me a bad review.

But is anyone a little worried that all the buyer has to say is I do not like this and bam it’s free that easy? You must comply with it and work and revise no matter what and still give a refund?? I just thought if I delivered a+b+c and they asked for a+b+c then end of story but not necessarily.

No, personal taste should never be a reason for the buyer to cancel the order after delivery. I have the details up on my gig. I say that if my buyers are not able to choose and send me their own choice of music, I will make a selection after asking them what soft of music they want and if they are not happy with it, I don’t do free revision on music. So far, I have no issues

http://fiverr.zendesk.com/entries/21122672-I-m-a-buyer-how-to-make-sure-I-get-what-I-ordered-paid-for-

this is the link, save it and it may help you sometime later

Guest matt_garry

thank you everyone for you’re opinion I just want to learn the rules but fiverr makes them so contradictory and confusing.

I get it some people have straight forward gigs but I am a musician and personal taste should not matter or I can loose hundreds a month. I just hate that I am spending 90% of my time on 5% of my clients doing unfair redos because they don’t know what they want.

Reply to @matt_garry: at one point of time I had someone ordering my video gig and said ‘’ Im sure you will do something great’’ , left without any response and got back to me saying he doesnt like it and he was hoping for a review placed on website, I was not supposed to refund but I saved myself headaches so I refunded

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @jasveena: I get that everyday people simply saying just give us something happy and be creative I am sure you can come up with something great.

I then deliver and I get something like this ( just an example)…

that is great but could you speed up the tempo and add african drums? and how about some acoustic guitar and could you loop the minute to 3 hours? and can you check out this video as an example. oh and upload it on youtube for me and can you blah blah…

So in my head I am like uhhh why after I deliver I am so confused. Why didn’t you say you wanted something specific instead of just assuming I knew what you wanted guess I better refund them don’t want a bad review…

yes all the time 🙂 and that uploading on youtube is one typical example of how they want more out of $5, I don’t do revisions on music and it is stated clearly on my gig. Can’t be entertaining their needs much when they don’t get everything straight to the point. it takes so long to upload big files of video and that is the most frustrating part 😉

Archived