Slower Sales? Time to Reflect, Refine, Recharge

lisabaarns

Summer is the time where business is far slower than many other times of the year. This applies to Fiverr, and most businesses. (Unless you sell vacation packages, or snow cones.)

Are you making the most from the normal summer down time? Some of your competitors ARE taking the time to rethink their offerings, you should too.

Are you upgrading your demos, reworking your gigs, looking at the most successful people in your category? Thinking about how to compete with more value, and higher prices too?

In the States, the week before/after July 4th are heavy vacation weeks, and that spills over to sellers around the world.

The whiteboard seller in India, Australia or Japan gets a high percentage of sales from the States, and if they slow down, they purchase less of my voice overs too. This applies across a huge set of categories.

If you’re gigs are slower now (the norm for most) it’s the right time to do all the things you don’t have time to do when things are far busier. The smart sellers are using this time wisely, so they can serve more clients, at better rates and increased value as the normal fall business cycle kicks into full gear later.

What are you doing to set yourself up for success as the normal fall increases arrive?

I’m preparing to add a little extra to my deliveries that will encourage my buyers to upgrade their orders - working on an upselling method. So yeah, I do make the most of this free time, whether it’s working on improving my services or allocating the time to my hobbies and other passions.

@ssj1236 if you try raising your prices in the free time / vacation periods, it is a mistake as you won’t clearly see the results since almost everyone’s enjoying their time on a beach or some resort.

I tried raising my prices…boy was that a mistake.

Try offering extras to lower paying clients that you already have!

I also encourage to provide your buyers with a form of “Discount” for repeat/referral business.

Send a client my way and I’ll offer you “X, Y” free of charge.

Just a few suggestions that’ll hopefully help!

This is very reassuring. My sales were picking up prior to the week before July 4th, and since then, my orders have slowed down to only 3 or 4 each week. They have been larger orders, but fewer, and I feel better knowing that this is just a trend.

Guest offlinehelpers

This is very reassuring. My sales were picking up prior to the week before July 4th, and since then, my orders have slowed down to only 3 or 4 each week. They have been larger orders, but fewer, and I feel better knowing that this is just a trend.

It’s only been 2 days since 4th July - not much time to decide on a trend of any sort really.

Th holidays are here though, and yes, sales probably will slow down, but they always pick up again! 🙂

Slooooooow right now. This is very reassuring. I am working on a new Gig and following the Pro situation to see what I can do to become more marketable and raise my profile. I am also working on a non-Fiverr project or two for my profession - developing an online course - my 4th for a top company in my profession - and increase my social media presence for my professional brand. The, just leaning into the silence and enjoying the vacation time. I teach, so I have summers off.

So glad I found this article. I’ve been disturbed and thought I’ve lost my fiverr account because of the way my performance has dropped over the last couple of months. I will simply rewrite my gigs and rebrand my service during this “down time”

Good point! It’s interesting to see how things change year after year. Last year, I was slammed during the summer. This year, it’s definitely been slow.

What I’ve been working on:

• Updating my packages and what I offer, making the offerings more valuable to my customers

• Working on my scripts and optimizing my customer service.

• Applying to buyer requests when things are really slow

• Looking into ways to market my Fiverr gig beyond how I already have. Thinking about things like landing pages for my Fiverr gigs, FB ads, etc.

But, it’s also just a good time to sit back and recharge a bit! 🙂

hi everyone,
are we currently facing a slow time on fiverr?
coz the no of new conversations dropped a lot in past few days.
also, please seem to be less interested in spending $$ for the job that cost lot more.
what can be done to improve the situation. any suggestions are welcome

hi everyone,

are we currently facing a slow time on fiverr?

coz the no of new conversations dropped a lot in past few days.

also, please seem to be less interested in spending $$ for the job that cost lot more.

what can be done to improve the situation. any suggestions are welcome

Same with me, I think it’s just because of summer time.

On 7/19/2017 at 7:20 PM, vixiwogir said:

Is everyone still getting slow sales? When will this end!!

June/July are traditionally slow months for many categories. That said, I’ve heard of plenty of exceptions. I know a seller who had his best month ever in June and July is very good for him so far.

He had also raised his prices in June, so that may be a factor too.

My sales are within about 10% of my norm in earlier months, and I may have my best ever month here in July. (This last week has been darned good… and it’s picking up again.)

Some of it depends on you. Are your gigs competitive? Have you upgraded your skills, your presentation, your value to clients? We can’t just raise prices IF we just OK, but there are a ton of sellers who sell so far below market rates, the “value” buyers (who will pay more for value) skip some of the cheap sellers, even if they are strong.

Is everyone still getting slow sales? When will this end!!

June/July are traditionally slow months for many categories. That said, I’ve heard of plenty of exceptions. I know a seller who had his best month ever in June and July is very good for him so far.

He had also raised his prices in June, so that may be a factor too.

My sales are within about 10% of my norm in earlier months, and I may have my best ever month here in July. (This last week has been darned good… and it’s picking up again.)

Some of it depends on you. Are your gigs competitive? Have you upgraded your skills, your presentation, your value to clients? We can’t just raise prices IF we just OK, but there are a ton of sellers who sell so far below market rates, the “value” buyers (who will pay more for value) skip some of the cheap sellers, even if they are strong.

Hi,

Like you said June/July is summer time and as per my gig which is research and summaries,i’m seriously having less order from last week. It maybe the vacation thing because most of my clients are students and academics one.

So let’s hope will be getting orders soon. Have a great day ahead and happy sales.

Archived