Curious :) Do you work on Sundays?

work_in

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I work almost everyday. That answer your question. Everytime i try and take a vacation it becomes a working one where I work at least 3 or 4 days of it. No rest for the wicked. I even worked right after I had a brain surgery.

I’m usually on call 24/7 but I’ve managed things well enough that my other employment stays smooth and on its course. I’ve found that although its good to be a work-a-holic, its also good to stop and enjoy life too. Can’t take what you make with you in the end so you might as well balance it out and live. Even cavemen had recess time. You can make all the hours in the world but if live isn’t getting easier from that labor, you might as well just get a fishing pole, some bait, and throw a line in for a few hours.

If I don’t work on Sundays, it’s makes it harder for me to catch back up on the work I have. As a stay at home mom (soon to be part-time worker at my kid’s school), I have to organize my time well. I’ll take a couple hours off to do things with the kids and hubby… so long no order dictates otherwise.

I like to have weekends off, but that doesn’t mean I don’t work on some days if I get an order, or that I’m unavailable to answer messages. It depends entirely on the amount of work that I have - I prefer to work in the mornings, so if I get something Friday evening, even if I’m at home for some reason, I might leave it until Saturday just to “start fresh” – same with Sunday.

Fiverr isn’t my “full time job” so I don’t expect the perks that come with one. I don’t take “days off” or go on many vacations. Writing is what I love to do so, I tend to make more time FOR fiverr, than not.

In return - I get to do what I love, while meeting GREAT people doing what they love, and I get to do it in the comfort of my Hello Kitty pajama pants.

That is a good day.

If have work due the next day, yes! You have to consider your time zone, just because it’s Sunday where you are, doesn’t mean it’s Sunday where someone else it. Take that into consideration.

I still reply back to my messages from buyers, or potential buyers either way. No body likes to wait, 🙂

For me, since many years, every day is Sunday, so when should I rest? or work? Besides that I know that if someone placed an order with me or asked me a question, he/she wants a response now, that’s the Internet. If I do not have orders in queue, then I spend time chatting on the forum, I just enjoy it. I’m not a tv fan. And as thepromogirl says, it’s not because it’s Sunday for you that it is for everyone :bz No matter what day of the week it is in my part of the world, I check my mail and orders first thing in the morning and during the evening. 😉

Thursdays and Sundays are my official days off so I’ll always make sure that there’s nothing I need to do on those days. The ONLY time I do work is if someone has ordered my 24 hour express extra the night before. If they order it during the day before, I will do it then.

I do answer messages though!

Sundays are my day for relaxing and baking while Thursdays are my day for working on my personal projects and spending more time with my family.

I always recommend having one day off in a business. It doesn’t matter what type of business you do, even part-time, you need some time to yourself. Even if you love it now, will you love it in the future when you realise that you’ve worked every single day for the last six months to a year? I did a three month stint of not having a day off and I crashed completely by the end of it. Never again!

Archived