The Start of Something Big: Meet Fiverr Pro

mjensen415

Thanks @frank_d for the reply. We all know how difficult it was to get our first review for a $5 gig. I just can’t imagine that some of those new 2-4K gigs will get their first buyer (unless they make a custom offer). But OK, I think I get where they are going with this.

I suggest that everyone looks around at the Pro gigs, looks at their own gigs and makes changes that they see fit.

Can’t wait to see my category there. I’ll definitely check their pricing and gig descriptions for tips. If Fiverr is trying to match the outside market then for web development we should see 5 digit numbers 🙂

@uxreview yes we’ve all been there!

and yes I don’t have the same expectations for my PRO gig as with my regular ones. It’s a completely different thing, and I went through a lot to make the launch deadline, so maybe I’m too close to it at the moment, but I think I need to give it time.

If Fiverr is trying to match the outside market then for web development we should see 5 digit numbers

that’s the proper way to approach this. 🙂

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @frank_d for the reply. We all know how difficult it was to get our first review for a $5 gig. I just can’t imagine that some of those new 2-4K gigs will get their first buyer (unless they make a custom offer). But OK, I think I get where they are going with this.

I suggest that everyone looks around at the Pro gigs, looks at their own gigs and makes changes that they see fit.

Can’t wait to see my category there. I’ll definitely check their pricing and gig descriptions for tips. If Fiverr is trying to match the outside market then for web development we should see 5 digit numbers 🙂

Can’t wait to see my category there. I’ll definitely check their pricing and gig descriptions for tips. If Fiverr is trying to match the outside market then for web development we should see 5 digit numbers

My point is why wait? Go for it.

If Fiverr is pushing for higher value orders then just go for it now. If the bigger business buyers come here for a Pro logo, perhaps they will look around for someone to do a website etc. Make an excellent gig with a high ticket and just make sure you justify it in the description.

@uxreview yes we’ve all been there!

and yes I don’t have the same expectations for my PRO gig as with my regular ones. It’s a completely different thing, and I went through a lot to make the launch deadline, so maybe I’m too close to it at the moment, but I think I need to give it time.

If Fiverr is trying to match the outside market then for web development we should see 5 digit numbers

that’s the proper way to approach this. 🙂

By the way, did they mention any additional changes in order disputes? What happens if the buyer doesn’t like the service? Will they get their 2K back based on the current process or will you receive so called “white glove” support?

I’d hate to see those disputes 😦

(Sorry to bombard you with these questions, but you’re the only PRO here 😛 )

can you imagine buyers AND sellers on the first chargeback? Buyers ranting that they have $10,000 in fiverr credit while sellers are talking about being ripped off because a buyer’s account was shut down?
It’s gonna get ugly on some of them.

By the way, did they mention any additional changes in order disputes? What happens if the buyer doesn’t like the service? Will they get their 2K back based on the current process or will you receive so called “white glove” support?

I’d hate to see those disputes 😦

(Sorry to bombard you with these questions, but you’re the only PRO here 😛 )

they have a vague description like “they’ll be closer to the action” and more proactive.

something to that extent.

I think they will offer something like VIP support for both buyers and sellers.

But the whole mentality of the PRO feature is that the seller is vetted and gets a sort of “guarantee” from Fiverr that for that particular gig, the buyer just makes the purchase and has peace of mind.

and vice versa: prices are high enough, that buyers that approach sellers actually mean business.

this is brand new territory for them (fiverr staff) as it is for us.

so we will soon find out.

The survey was annoying. Tons of questions about social media followers etc. I work as a voice-over, not a marketing expert, and I keep my social media profiles private to friends and family. I can’t see what this has to do with my work.

Hardly any questions about my actual clients, reviews etc. I don’t know what to think of this yet. Maybe we just have to give it some time to evolve. Or maybe I simply belong on the regular Fiverr, since I don’t have 20 social media accounts and a massive following…

I’m very dissatisfied with the fact that Pro gigs now are showing up along with regular Gigs. This whole thing should be a separate service in my opinion. We already have L1, L2, TRS… And now this Pro thing… I’m not sure how this is going to work out… It affects the excisting structure of Fiverr in a way I’m not happy about.

I’m agree with @smashradio . In my opinion, this service will break down the whole structure of fiverr. Buyer & Seller both will face various problem. This will make partition among ourself. Then it will no longer be our fiverr family.

I didn’t read every post in this thread but I wonder what buyer’s reaction will be. Buyers complain now about prices above $5. I can imagine their reaction when they see the prices in the hundreds and even thousands. I guess time will tell.

This new roll-out is very intriguing. Let us hope that a new breed of buyers flocks to the website. If you know what I mean. Otherwise, mo’ money, mo’ problems! However to the non-pro sellers, why wait? Start increasing your rates.

Good point. There is also the potential it may bring a new flock of sellers. When the word starts to spread, I can see many who thought Fiverr was too cheap for their taste take a 2nd look. But who knows…it is early so we shall see how it all shakes out over time. I wonder. Is Fiverr promoting this?

I understand the concept and honestly, I think Fiverr should list these services under a different domain entirely, like: Fiverr.com/pro_services or pro.fiverr.com

The current placements look childish. A logo for $5 and a logo for $5000 should not be on the same page.

I’m looking forward for the pro option in my category because the services I offer are definitely priced that way.

Follow the advice of @eoinfinnegan and you should be ahead of the game. Look at why they are worth the prices they have displayed and update yourself accordingly.

Here’s the checklist:

• Does that mean buying different equipment?
  • Does that mean offering a more inclusive service?
  • Does that mean pricing your current services higher?

Go for it!

Big money, I imagine big disputes. There are going to have hire more CS to take care of the PRO disputes

Exactly! I mean that’s the scary part taking a $50 or a couple hundred dollar hit, is one thing. But losing a few thousand is another story. 😟 I would imagine earning a title of a PRO seller, there should be protocols in place`(just in case) something inauspicious arises.

This seems like it is a good idea for some, but for others like me, it makes me kind of anxious. I understand that low scale buyers(New Sellers, Level 1, 2, etc.) are still going to be able to make money, but it seems like maybe adding this feature to Fiverr will help the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

I’m hoping that sales aren’t pulled away from younger buyers(like me) just because younger buyers don’t have a way to verify that they are a “Professional” even though some of us, who may just not be old enough to provide certain certificates and accomplishments, can possibly be more advanced than other sellers(I am definitely not saying I am, I’m not even close!!)

I took a look at the survey just to see if I had any chance to being a Pro seller, and it turns out, with the copious links to social media that I would have had to provide that proved my professionalism, I’m going to have to wait until I’m out of college(like 8 more years, I’m just now going to be a Freshman in High School). I wish that there was a way they could pick the sellers on their own like they pick TRS so then they are able to pick the best of the best regardless of how “Professional” you are.

I’m not trying to say anything that makes it seem like I can be one of these sellers, because I personally do not believe that I am qualified enough, but I wish that there was a more useful and foolproof selection of sellers instead of what is currently in place.

Also, I took a look at some of the other Pro Seller’s gigs, and the services seem VERY expensive. It may just be my inexpertise in various commercial or professional situations, but thousands of dollars for a whiteboard animation that others offer very similar if not identical services at just a few hundred or less seems kind of outrageous.

Most of the people on this thread are saying that other sellers should raise their prices a little bit to fit in with other buyer’s prices, which I would totally do, but with the services that I offer, it’s a lot of other sellers who just need a quick and inexpensive script written. So, if I raise my prices, my earnings will likely suffer greatly seeing as to how a majority of my sales are repeat buyers who need cheap scripts written so they, too, can make a profit.

This was kind of a little bit of a rant within this thread, and I actually don’t know if this fits it all too well, I tried to get my point across but my main point was drowned in the other ideas that popped into my mind that I just had to write down.

I understand the concept and honestly, I think Fiverr should list these services under a different domain entirely, like: Fiverr.com/pro_services or pro.fiverr.com

The current placements look childish. A logo for $5 and a logo for $5000 should not be on the same page.

I’m looking forward for the pro option in my category because the services I offer are definitely priced that way.

Follow the advice of @eoinfinnegan and you should be ahead of the game. Look at why they are worth the prices they have displayed and update yourself accordingly.

Here’s the checklist:

Go for it!

I couldn’t agree with you more. A buyer comes to Fiverr thinking $5 and when they look around they see these $5000 prices, first thing they’ll do is double check to make sure they are on Fiverr and once they realize they are, they may be turned off by the Fiverr experience. Most buyers complain now when prices are 10, 20, 30, and so on but that bridge was lot easier to cross and buyers seem to adjust. But $500, $5000, they may think fiverr in general is heading in this direction and walk away. If they do walk away, it will ruin it for us non-Pro accounts. Giving Pro users their own URL/Server is the smart thing to do but who knows, maybe there are more roll outs to come we are not aware of.

Guest offlinehelpers

This seems like it is a good idea for some, but for others like me, it makes me kind of anxious. I understand that low scale buyers(New Sellers, Level 1, 2, etc.) are still going to be able to make money, but it seems like maybe adding this feature to Fiverr will help the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

I’m hoping that sales aren’t pulled away from younger buyers(like me) just because younger buyers don’t have a way to verify that they are a “Professional” even though some of us, who may just not be old enough to provide certain certificates and accomplishments, can possibly be more advanced than other sellers(I am definitely not saying I am, I’m not even close!!)

I took a look at the survey just to see if I had any chance to being a Pro seller, and it turns out, with the copious links to social media that I would have had to provide that proved my professionalism, I’m going to have to wait until I’m out of college(like 8 more years, I’m just now going to be a Freshman in High School). I wish that there was a way they could pick the sellers on their own like they pick TRS so then they are able to pick the best of the best regardless of how “Professional” you are.

I’m not trying to say anything that makes it seem like I can be one of these sellers, because I personally do not believe that I am qualified enough, but I wish that there was a more useful and foolproof selection of sellers instead of what is currently in place.

Also, I took a look at some of the other Pro Seller’s gigs, and the services seem VERY expensive. It may just be my inexpertise in various commercial or professional situations, but thousands of dollars for a whiteboard animation that others offer very similar if not identical services at just a few hundred or less seems kind of outrageous.

Most of the people on this thread are saying that other sellers should raise their prices a little bit to fit in with other buyer’s prices, which I would totally do, but with the services that I offer, it’s a lot of other sellers who just need a quick and inexpensive script written. So, if I raise my prices, my earnings will likely suffer greatly seeing as to how a majority of my sales are repeat buyers who need cheap scripts written so they, too, can make a profit.

This was kind of a little bit of a rant within this thread, and I actually don’t know if this fits it all too well, I tried to get my point across but my main point was drowned in the other ideas that popped into my mind that I just had to write down.

You put it really well Braden! 🙂

I’m at the other end of the age range, and I have no professional certifications in anything remotely related to what I’m doing now - because they simply didn’t exist back then.

I’m going to McDonalds tomorrow - wonder if I’ll find they’ve put the price of a Big Mac up to £250?

You put it really well Braden! 🙂

I’m at the other end of the age range, and I have no professional certifications in anything remotely related to what I’m doing now - because they simply didn’t exist back then.

I’m going to McDonalds tomorrow - wonder if I’ll find they’ve put the price of a Big Mac up to £250?

No, that’s the Pro Big Mac.

Guest offlinehelpers

No, that’s the Pro Big Mac.

Like it! 💜

Here’s the checklist:

Go for it!

A logo for $5 and a logo for $5000 should not be on the same page.

I agree. The standard sellers, and Pro sellers should not be intermixed in the search results, nor should the $1000 gigs be featured above established $25 gigs in the existing categories. I like the goals of Fiverr Pro, but it seems as though this is going to push out the long-established regular sellers who offer great services at affordable prices, lower their visibility in the categories, and make sure that anyone coming to Fiverr sees the big dogs first.

What is this going to do to the long-established sellers who have built their success on the affordability scale?

This concerns me even more in that, a long-establish gig with a successful history and many sales cannot be vetted and upgraded into Pro status. The only option is to start over in Pro, while the hard-built standard gig, with all of its success and sales, disappears into obscurity. I, for one, have worked hard on my existing gigs. I neither wish to start my service over from zero on Pro, nor lose the success I’ve built up for my standard gig(s) that aren’t in Pro.

@mjensen415 , I recommend that this Pro thing be a distinctly different marketplace. Make it something that the big-money clients have to click to visit – give it an exclusive feel – and then, only list the high-cost Pro gigs in that Pro marketplace. Leave the current affordable marketplace as it is – no Pro gigs listed above everyone else. Let the affortable gigs stand in their existing Fiverr market, and direct the big companies to find clients in the Pro-only marketplace.

Like I said, I like the concept of the Fiverr Pro thing, but I don’t like how it will likely supercede the existing gigs that have already made Fiverr what it already is today. Two different marketplaces, two different client markets. Market #1 = Level 1, 2, and TRS. Market #2 = Fiverr Pro gigs.

Combining these two markets into one is not fair competition.

A logo for $5 and a logo for $5000 should not be on the same page.

I agree. The standard sellers, and Pro sellers should not be intermixed in the search results, nor should the $1000 gigs be featured above established $25 gigs in the existing categories. I like the goals of Fiverr Pro, but it seems as though this is going to push out the long-established regular sellers who offer great services at affordable prices, lower their visibility in the categories, and make sure that anyone coming to Fiverr sees the big dogs first.

What is this going to do to the long-established sellers who have built their success on the affordability scale?

This concerns me even more in that, a long-establish gig with a successful history and many sales cannot be vetted and upgraded into Pro status. The only option is to start over in Pro, while the hard-built standard gig, with all of its success and sales, disappears into obscurity. I, for one, have worked hard on my existing gigs. I neither wish to start my service over from zero on Pro, nor lose the success I’ve built up for my standard gig(s) that aren’t in Pro.

@mjensen415 , I recommend that this Pro thing be a distinctly different marketplace. Make it something that the big-money clients have to click to visit – give it an exclusive feel – and then, only list the high-cost Pro gigs in that Pro marketplace. Leave the current affordable marketplace as it is – no Pro gigs listed above everyone else. Let the affortable gigs stand in their existing Fiverr market, and direct the big companies to find clients in the Pro-only marketplace.

Like I said, I like the concept of the Fiverr Pro thing, but I don’t like how it will likely supercede the existing gigs that have already made Fiverr what it already is today. Two different marketplaces, two different client markets. Market #1 = Level 1, 2, and TRS. Market #2 = Fiverr Pro gigs.

Combining these two markets into one is not fair competition.

What is this going to do to the long-established sellers who have built this success on the affordability scale?

I agree! I like the concept, but I´m not sure if it’s well implemented.

Obviously, fiverr is aiming to reach big clients, but having all together in one pot does not good.

I’m going through some of these profiles and it’s interesting to see that some of the existing sellers have 2 almost identical gigs with different prices. Their old gig costs $5 and new PRO gig has the price tag $150. (The only difference is 100 words vs 300 words).
image.png.f0c30ff941217fe4f11c264a6e198704.png

It’s even confusing for some of the PROs. Not sure what buyers will think of this.

I’m going through some of these profiles and it’s interesting to see that some of the existing sellers have 2 almost identical gigs with different prices. Their old gig costs $5 and new PRO gig has the price tag $150. (The only difference is 100 words vs 300 words).

e22426a16232151af885f38a2c695547fd6ad719.png

It’s even confusing for some of the PROs. Not sure what buyers will think of this.

Not sure what buyers will think of this.

Well, in that screenshot I see a subtle difference that might not get noticed or understood by buyers.

The leftmost gig says “I will write for your blog”, which sounds like they’re going to write on a regular basis for a blog, which would explain the price tag. The rightmost says about writing a single post on a blog.

I might be wrong… but some buyers will not see any difference, and will think it’s an attempt to rip them off… but I’m sure they’ll get a lot of Inbox messages asking what the difference between the two is.

I applied. I do love the idea. It makes sense. The application process does ask for social media presence as well as general web presence. You do get a chance to link to your portfolio or samples of work. You do get to link to and share who you may have written for. I get the sense they are looking not just for top sellers on Fiverr with umpteen thousands of reviews. I think, based on what I have seen and the app, they want people who have a presence beyond Fiverr and are really pros in their field and have presented on topics in their field and worked with big time companies in their field.

I wish there was a space in the app to give more of a story. It is hard in their application to truly explain all I do for Fiverr and off Fiverr with the spaces they give and questions they ask.

We shall see. This could be a real boon for some people who do this for a living at the top level of their catagorey.

No room in the app for attachements either. It would be nice if they like you enough to vet you more via s***e or on the phone.

Archived