The Start of Something Big: Meet Fiverr Pro

mjensen415

Simple question: who chose those pretty huge prices? Was it the gig owners?

Because for some reason they all have similar price ranges, and I doubt they all spoke & agreed each other on those ranges. So I’m more inclined to think it was Fiverr who set those prices, but then again, on what criteria?

Does anybody know what their prices were before the became PRO’s?

First of all, I noticed that [too] many PRO gigs are from new sellers, meaning new users, and as expected they have no other gigs. They appeared on Fiverr with an expensive pro gig.

I did manage to find a couple who have a pro gig + regular gigs, and as you might expect, the Pro gig is like 1K, and their other gigs are like $10 and $5… I don’t know, it feels weird, like it doesn’t fit…

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I noticed that [too] many PRO gigs are from new sellers, meaning new users, and as expected they have no other gigs. They appeared on Fiverr with an expensive pro gig.

I did manage to find a couple who have a pro gig + regular gigs, and as you might expect, the Pro gig is like 1K, and their other gigs are like $10 and $5… I don’t know, it feels weird, like it doesn’t fit…

Yeah, I had a look at those logo design gigs. There’s no way I’m going to hire anyone for 1K without reviews. I can get a local agency for that kind of money. I’m afraid this is going to be their downfall 😦

I can get a TRS here for $100 who will give me a logo with source files and everything.

EDIT: Even with the reviews I’m not going to hire anyone for 1K for a logo design (no offence designers) 😛

Because for some reason they all have similar price ranges, and I doubt they all spoke & agreed each other on those ranges. So I’m more inclined to think it was Fiverr who set those prices, but then again, on what criteria?

currently - whatever you do see pro gigs - that’s by trs and Fi members gig - they are taking form submission for get that pro gig - don’t describe anywhere about detail procedure 😄

currently - whatever you do see pro gigs - that’s by trs and Fi members gig - they are taking form submission for get that pro gig - don’t describe anywhere about detail procedure 😄

whatever you do see pro gigs - that’s by trs and Fi members gig

I looked at the logo design category, and most Pro gigs are from new sellers/users 😦 Like June 2017 new!

I don’t really fancy the idea of a New seller (who is an unexperienced user of Fiverr) to pop up out of nowhere with a 1K gig, pushing down all other users/sellers who’ve been for so long on Fiverr and still go with $5-$50 gigs 😦 Not only does it feel unfair, but it looks fishy, out of this world.

I would’ve been OK with Pro gigs being assigned to existing sellers, but to new ones who may have never used Fiverr, and with those blinding prices?

I looked at the logo design category, and most Pro gigs are from new sellers/users 😦 Like June 2017 new!

I don’t really fancy the idea of a New seller (who is an unexperienced user of Fiverr) to pop up out of nowhere with a 1K gig, pushing down all other users/sellers who’ve been for so long on Fiverr and still go with $5-$50 gigs 😦 Not only does it feel unfair, but it looks fishy, out of this world.

I would’ve been OK with Pro gigs being assigned to existing sellers, but to new ones who may have never used Fiverr, and with those blinding prices?

It just drives me mad. They took a perfectly good idea of vetting sellers and f*cked it up 😡

I completely agree to you friend 🙂

We are working over the last 4 years and contributed 20% to our earnings in fiverr profits. If we invest that amount on promotion of own site - that will do run good and stable 🙂

And the whole “Meet Fiverr Pro” put together with all these fresh new Pro sellers who seem to have come from nowhere sounds like saying “meet the future sellers of Fiverr” 😦 I don’t know, this feature just doesn’t feel like a feature specifically designed for the current sellers, but rather for newer sellers.

Maybe I’m wrong. But to me, this feature as it is right now, feels a bit wrong 😦

I apologize if I’m stirring waters unnecessarily - I was just expressing my opinions as I see this feature in current standing.

And the whole “Meet Fiverr Pro” put together with all these fresh new Pro sellers who seem to have come from nowhere sounds like saying “meet the future sellers of Fiverr” 😦 I don’t know, this feature just doesn’t feel like a feature specifically designed for the current sellers, but rather for newer sellers.

Maybe I’m wrong. But to me, this feature as it is right now, feels a bit wrong 😦

I apologize if I’m stirring waters unnecessarily - I was just expressing my opinions as I see this feature in current standing.

yeah - perfectly said 🙂

I never understand - Who do suggest for invent these kind of feature 🙂

There is nothing problem in “Pro” feature - But I think they should get it after ask to a bunch group of experienced fiverr sellers. - They are not too smart than they think 🙂

Things getting undetermined everyday here on fiverr. The future isn’t so clear for seller like me thinking to go full time with fiverr. Lot of things changing before we could even notice it

My suggestion : If you’re fresher in your career - you can start to here - But Don’t addict with this or full time. You may get few sells for few month then you’ll not get any sells for many months - So not stability are here 🙂

I’m here for 4 years as full time - that’s why i’m suggesting my opinion - others may suggest different 😉

Yap, usually this kind of Innovative ideas, have had bad impacts on other platforms and even lead to downfalls. Good thing is that we can all apply for the pro badge. Is it unfair for many sellers here? of course it is. Firstly the algorithm update has hurt a lot of sellers, than from nowhere in the top page are showing the Pro Gigs which is totally unfair, these is completely against Fiverr motto to Compete with each other. Let’s see how things go with the new Fiverr.

By the way, I thought that the Application Form for the pro badge was for the existing sellers of Fiverr… how did the new sellers have access to that form? Was it made public? Did Fiverr pick the new pro sellers? :thinking:

Yeah - I think, No one do check & balance about what they are inventing and what’s impact of that 🙂 That’s why these kind of new thing coming one after one 😊

No rules apply on them - As previously i has submit a post about “Featured gig” They provided Featured gig for New sellers and Level1. So i hurt to that 🙂

the pro gigs you see were not regular gigs that were converted. they were created in order to populate content for launch.

you need to understand that talent from outside the platform was poached and brought here in order to fill in the gaps in “quality” content that would justify the PRO category.

At least in my category, I see at least 3 very well-known agencies and even a startup that created a profile specifically to add their AAA videos to the fiverr platform.

No newbies were approached by Fiverr staff to create a PRO gig.

It’s either veteran sellers, or outsiders with a high rep and quality work on their portfolios.

you need to understand that talent from outside the platform was poached and brought here in order to fill in the gaps in “quality” content that would justify the PRO category.

At least in my category, I see at least 3 very well-known agencies and even a startup that created a profile specifically to add their AAA videos to the fiverr platform.

It’s either veteran sellers, or outsiders with a high rep and quality work on their portfolios.

well-known agencies and even a startup that created a profile specifically to add their AAA videos to the fiverr platform

According to this - As i can assume - If big agencies or Big Startup do come over at here with Pro and top listing in the search page - There will no space for self oriented sellers.

That’s indeed good to know and provides some peace of mind 🙂

But what does that mean for us, the other sellers, with a very significant price difference when compared to the pro veterans?

Just assume that these new sellers and pro gigs actually make a lot of sales with their large price tags. Wouldn’t that make us others invisible or even obsolete due to the big price difference?

That’s indeed good to know and provides some peace of mind 🙂

But what does that mean for us, the other sellers, with a very significant price difference when compared to the pro veterans?

Just assume that these new sellers and pro gigs actually make a lot of sales with their large price tags. Wouldn’t that make us others invisible or even obsolete due to the big price difference?

Just assume that these new sellers and pro gigs actually make a lot of sales. Wouldn’t that make us others invisible due to the big price difference?

Personally I don’t see this happening unless you’re also bringing outside buyers who are used to that price range. If anything, you’ll probably get more sales because as soon as buyer sees TRS with 10 times lower price & 5K reviews they will go for the TRS not PRO.

Congratulation Frank 😱 you got PRO GIG - that’s $2000 one gig cost. 🙂

you got PRO GIG - that’s $2000 one gig cost.

Frank, can you tell us if you set that price yourself and what was it before?

I’m not trying to put you on the spot here, but we don’t have other PROs here. Maybe you can explain the reasoning for the significantly higher price range.

I’m not saying your service isn’t worth it, maybe it is, but I doubt it was 2K before.

Just assume that these new sellers and pro gigs actually make a lot of sales. Wouldn’t that make us others invisible due to the big price difference?

Personally I don’t see this happening unless you’re also bringing outside buyers who are used to that price range. If anything, you’ll probably get more sales because as soon as buyer sees TRS with 10 times lower price & 5K reviews they will go for the TRS not PRO.

If anything, you’ll probably get more sales because as soon as buyer sees TRS with 10 times lower price & 5K reviews they will go for the TRS not PRO.

I guess you’re right on this.

On the other hand, the idea of having a 1K gig does bring a sparkle in my eyes - with just 1 (ONE) order I’d make as much as I make now, probably even more 😃 And the rest of the month I’d spend time with my family, my hobbies, etc.

If anything, you’ll probably get more sales because as soon as buyer sees TRS with 10 times lower price & 5K reviews they will go for the TRS not PRO.

I guess you’re right on this.

On the other hand, the idea of having a 1K gig does bring a sparkle in my eyes - with just 1 (ONE) order I’d make as much as I make now, probably even more 😃 And the rest of the month I’d spend time with my family, my hobbies, etc.

1K gig does bring a sparkle in my eyes

😂 I thought there was something different about your profile pic.

Congratulation Frank 😱 you got PRO GIG - that’s $2000 one gig cost. 🙂

it’s not that simple. looks great from the outside in, but it’s not that simple. it’s a completely different market.

@woofy31

I am not Fiverr staff, so anything I say here is my own opinion of course. Nor do I have any insight I’m not sharing with you guys.

the way I see it, they just needed something done fast for launch. So outsiders with amazing content were contacted somehow.

This is not Fiverr’s way of kicking sellers to the curb, or splitting the marketplace into two tiers.

this is a small launch, to test waters. Soon more categories will be added, more sellers approached, and as soon as they can semi-automate the process of vetting sellers, this feature will spread.

@uxreview I responded above. No one told me what price to set. This was NOT an existing gig. I was asked to create something with PRO in mind. So I did. Nowhere in the review process did they tell me what to do, or how to present it.

I see a lot of misinformation spreading. You CAN’T make an existing gig a PRO one, nor can you make a PRO gig into a regular one.

If a seller is vetted and approved of by the review team, they need to create a new offering which will again be manually reviewed so it meets some standards and justifies pricing.

Not sure why you are in fact putting me on the spot and why you want to know if my service is “probably worth it” and how “it wasn’t 2k before”

If you don’t understand this, I can’t break it down for you further:

this is a special offering, that is there for a very specific kind of buyer. That’s why PRO gigs exist. To cater to a completely different demographic. So, no need for everyone to see the reasoning behind my pricing or whether or not my demo video convinced you.

So, I don’t have a Pro gig and don’t see that I will have one any time soon.
My initial reaction was WTH but I am starting to think about how I can make this work to my advantage.
I suggest that everyone looks around at the Pro gigs, looks at their own gigs and makes changes that they see fit. Start asking for the prices that you are worth rather than the price you think you can ask for because there may be some possibilities there for you. Like everything else that Fiverr does, we can sit and complain about it or work with it, take advantage where we can and ultimately gain from it.
Personally, I am quite excited about the direction Fiverr is heading and I believe that even the mess of the past few months that many have experienced will be ironed out for the better.

PS. I am also looking forward to seeing the Ranting Pot posts from the new Pro sellers who have just been asked to “do a free sample”, “do this one cheap and I will have lots of work for you”, “please sir, you can order from me?” etc etc etc

So, I don’t have a Pro gig and don’t see that I will have one any time soon.

My initial reaction was WTH but I am starting to think about how I can make this work to my advantage.

I suggest that everyone looks around at the Pro gigs, looks at their own gigs and makes changes that they see fit. Start asking for the prices that you are worth rather than the price you think you can ask for because there may be some possibilities there for you. Like everything else that Fiverr does, we can sit and complain about it or work with it, take advantage where we can and ultimately gain from it.

Personally, I am quite excited about the direction Fiverr is heading and I believe that even the mess of the past few months that many have experienced will be ironed out for the better.

PS. I am also looking forward to seeing the Ranting Pot posts from the new Pro sellers who have just been asked to “do a free sample”, “do this one cheap and I will have lots of work for you”, “please sir, you can order from me?” etc etc etc

Thanks @frank_d for the reply. We all know how difficult it was to get our first review for a $5 gig. I just can’t imagine that some of those new 2-4K gigs will get their first buyer (unless they make a custom offer). But OK, I think I get where they are going with this.

I suggest that everyone looks around at the Pro gigs, looks at their own gigs and makes changes that they see fit.

Can’t wait to see my category there. I’ll definitely check their pricing and gig descriptions for tips. If Fiverr is trying to match the outside market then for web development we should see 5 digit numbers 🙂

Archived