[GAME] That moment when…

woofy31

Once in a while I have situations that either annoy me, baffle me, or are due to my own fault, etc. I think we all know those phrases starting with “That moment when…” followed by some strange or unexpected happening.

Let’s see what our weird/annoying/unexpected moments were (off- or on-Fiverr) by continuing the topic’s sentence, optionally giving an explanation on how you dealt with those moments (just try to avoid too much ranting/moaning as this is a Game!). And yes, you can post multiple times if you had more of such moments.

I’ll start:

That moment when… the buyer tells me they got someone else’s delivery! 😱

In these cases, all my inner alarms trigger, I go nuts, my brain freezes for a minute, then I start fixing the delivery as fast as I can while the buyer still hasn’t left any bad feedback 😃

That moment when… your Buyer ask to give a sample work first then they will order
Now in this Scenario i felt why buyer isnt getting as fiver here for this thing to have the safety of both seelers and buyers…they should order and if not satisfied they can cancel but WHY regarding Free work or Samples as Normally they do the same trick with SEveral Buyers… if they have 20 Product images…They will send each one to differnt Sellers and wll tell the same its a test if you qualify and we like the work we wll gv you more… and when they recived…Then they message the same that sorry we got a designer… as a result they have their all images FREE

That moment when you get a 4.7 star review and know you once again have to

1. notify the buyer and politely ask if they meant to leave that 4.7 star review, already knowing what the answer will be,
  2. take a screenshot of their answer which says no they didn’t mean to, and
  3. send a ticket to customer support telling them the app bug did it again, and
  4. at first have them say no they can’t change it, and
  5. politely ask them to double check because this is the app bug and it happens all the time.

giphy.gif.bd4fbc31b8d450bc72e958107bc3bc72.gif

That moment when… you hit Cmd/Ctrl+Enter instead of Enter while you’re midway of writing a reply to your [potential] buyer (darn Forum shortcut keys that work on Fiverr, too 😃 )

To avoid that from happening again, this is how I write my messages now:

giphy.gif.83cccc40517386bdf11fc6dcaeb129af.gif

That moment when … (actually those 2, or were it even 3, 😛 moments) you click ‘Forum’ and see someone else’s icon and name instead of your own in the header. 🙀

… and the relief, when Customer Support acknowledges it as a bug and more and more forum threads on the issue show up and you, under usual reserve, stop worrying about having been hacked. 😅

That moment when … (actually those 2, or were it even 3, 😛 moments) you click ‘Forum’ and see someone else’s icon and name instead of your own in the header. 🙀

… and the relief, when Customer Support acknowledges it as a bug and more and more forum threads on the issue show up and you, under usual reserve, stop worrying about having been hacked. 😅

woah, I’ve never seen that happen on the forum, but I did see it happen on Fiverr, and that is some scary view!

-That moment when you submit a delivery to the wrong client , and then you have to upload it again and explain to the client my fault(I have a slow connection)

-that moment when a client describe to you a Hollywood/Disney movies quality animation that requires hundred if not a thousand of people working on it for basic gig price in 3 days

-that moment when the client tells you, “the animation is Good I really like it ,but if its possible to tweak some little things [change the entire animation]”

These are all very good and I can sure relate. 😀

Here’s mine. That moment when I decide everything’s nice and quiet and now it’s time to record voiceover. I get in my booth turn on the mic and one of the following happens:

• A plane decides to fly overhead (and as soon as that one passes, another one)
  • A neighbor decides it’s time to mow, or weedeat, or re-roof his house
  • My dog who I already took out, fed, and petted starts to whine for me to come right back out.
  • Delivery trucks start to rumble down the street
  • Several thousand birds decide to hang out and all tweet incessantly outside my window
  • A storm comes up with thunder and lightning
  • The power goes out

I have an isolation booth, but if you also have one, you know they typically don’t block out all sound, especially low frequencies. I believe my dog knows this too and has adjusted his whining to get Mama’s attention. 😄

That moment when your definition of write on provided keywords is completely different than your buyers.

On another platform not here, I got a job from a buyer that a set 5 keyword phrases that they wanted me to write on. To me, I thought they wanted me to write 5 different pieces each focusing on one of the sets of keywords.

The work gets submitted and within an hour I’m contacted by the buyer stating Oh no you misunderstand me. I want ALL FIVE (5) keyword phrases in one piece written FIVE (5) different ways and I want them delivered by tomorrow.

It was a weekend job which would’ve been doable had the buyer gotten back to me in a timely fashion and not on day two of the job. Try as I might, I just couldn’t write that way and tried to tell the buyer but they weren’t having it and demanded that I continued working; I didn’t know better at the time but learned real quick after this experience.

Fortunately the buyer reviews were visible and I made sure to keep an eye out for that buyer and their jobs which pretty much demanded the same type of work. Some had a decent experience while others had similar experiences.

These are all very good and I can sure relate. 😀

Here’s mine. That moment when I decide everything’s nice and quiet and now it’s time to record voiceover. I get in my booth turn on the mic and one of the following happens:

• A plane decides to fly overhead (and as soon as that one passes, another one)
  • A neighbor decides it’s time to mow, or weedeat, or re-roof his house
  • My dog who I already took out, fed, and petted starts to whine for me to come right back out.
  • Delivery trucks start to rumble down the street
  • Several thousand birds decide to hang out and all tweet incessantly outside my window
  • A storm comes up with thunder and lightning
  • The power goes out

I have an isolation booth, but if you also have one, you know they typically don’t block out all sound, especially low frequencies. I believe my dog knows this too and has adjusted his whining to get Mama’s attention. 😄

That moment when… you deal with an abusive buyer who reaches your boiling point, and then your dog/cat starts licking your toes or fingers #instant_karma_boost ! 🐶

I believe my dog knows this too and has adjusted his whining to get Mama’s attention. 😄

Yeah, they definitely adjust and adapt to keep getting your attention 🐶 I luv’em for that!

I also discovered a while ago that the forum (and fiverr) has so many cat emojis, yet there are like only 2 dog emojis, this 🐶 and this :dog2: , and of course dog :poop: haha!

It seems to me the forum developer is more of a cat person 😉 Btw, you have to type colon and when you type “d” and “o” you’ll see the dog emojis 😁

That moment when you receive a glowing review and feel great because you’ve devoted so much time into that project.

Lame, but very true!

That moment when you receive a 5-star feedback with great words, plus a personal thanks message in your inbox and how they’ll recommend you to their friends, and when you thought it cannot get any better than this, you receive a tip of at least half your order’s value!

they put a poodle and paw print emojis 😍 ?!

That moment when… you deal with an abusive buyer who reaches your boiling point, and then your dog/cat starts licking your toes or fingers #instant_karma_boost ! 🐶

I believe my dog knows this too and has adjusted his whining to get Mama’s attention. 😄

Yeah, they definitely adjust and adapt to keep getting your attention 🐶 I luv’em for that!

I also discovered a while ago that the forum (and fiverr) has so many cat emojis, yet there are like only 2 dog emojis, this 🐶 and this 🐕 , and of course dog :poop: haha!

It seems to me the forum developer is more of a cat person 😉 Btw, you have to type colon and when you type “d” and “o” you’ll see the dog emojis 😁

Very cool, thank you! 🐕

That moment when you receive a 5-star feedback with great words, plus a personal thanks message in your inbox and how they’ll recommend you to their friends, and when you thought it cannot get any better than this, you receive a tip of at least half your order’s value!

they put a poodle and paw print emojis 😍 ?!

🐩

Poodle - now you can copy/paste it!

That moment when… You see a potentially big topic come up (bug, complaint, etc) and you race to pin the topic, contact CS to get an answer etc. etc etc all in the hope of stopping there being a ton of topics posted about the same thing only to see them popping up like wild mushrooms, all with various titles, in different categories, different posters, different interpretations, advice and conspiracy theories, some with titles which make it unclear that it is the same thing and then you eventually pin the original post globally on the Forum so that half of everyone’s page is taken up with a notification about this damn issue but somehow people still manage to miss it and continue in their race to post this vital information and you spend the following hour going through each one and moving them, closing them, trying to ensure that nobody is offended because their post was moved/edited/closed only to then get 10 messages about why the posts were moved/edited/closed while all the while resolving to just let it be next time…

That moment when… You see a potentially big topic come up (bug, complaint, etc) and you race to pin the topic, contact CS to get an answer etc. etc etc all in the hope of stopping there being a ton of topics posted about the same thing only to see them popping up like wild mushrooms, all with various titles, in different categories, different posters, different interpretations, advice and conspiracy theories, some with titles which make it unclear that it is the same thing and then you eventually pin the original post globally on the Forum so that half of everyone’s page is taken up with a notification about this damn issue but somehow people still manage to miss it and continue in their race to post this vital information and you spend the following hour going through each one and moving them, closing them, trying to ensure that nobody is offended because their post was moved/edited/closed only to then get 10 messages about why the posts were moved/edited/closed while all the while resolving to just let it be next time…

Wow, I think that’s officially the longest uninterrupted sentence I’ve ever read - I may have even held my breath reading it 😃

…which is called … one word … algorithm!

Archived