Mentor/Mentee Program (BETA)

mjensen415

Guest sophiesvoice

I had already completed more than 50 orders right now… but if you will visit my profile after 1000 reviews… you will still see me as a level one seller.

@lisabaarns I am taking some of my words back. I just got promoted to the level 2. Now i am also a level 2 seller… just like you want. I really don’t know how this happened, i visited my profile and there was a popup of “Level 2” seller.

Now @mjensen415 , @eoinfinnegan, @fonthaunt (please someone answer my question) when i signed up for the above Mentor Program, i was a level one seller so i chose the “level 1” option. But now i am level two seller and now 2nd level badge will increase my chances to become a Mentor. So can i submit the form again or edit the form.??

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations! 😀

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@woofy31
I guess the whole idea of the Mentor/Mentee Program is to accelerate the mentee to greater heights without necessarily letting him go through the experience of what it could take to be a successful on FIVERR- it’s having the mentee see through the eyes of the mentor’s wealth of experience in a very short while.

And while that may seem awesome, you might have to share some tiny trade secrets with them - the obvious ones though (does that still make it a trade secret? well, how about the fact that the best way to hide anything is in plain sight?) - that’s the sure way I think the mentees can really gain from this program.

I would also want to see where this leads:

• how this would help accelerate the $$$ a mentee would be making afterwards, especially after been mentored by someone in the same category as the mentor and has 20-30 orders in queue weekly.
  • would the outcome of this programme better position those who have gone through it in search results and other fierr algorithm…?
  • would this look like an endorsement of some sort? I mean, If a buyer goes through my profile, and sees stuff like, “endorsed by TRS dybe_jobs”.
    This could mean a lot right? or not.

My fingers are crossed here and I can’t wait to begin to results.

The program should be for everyone - even with 7 years of experience. Perhaps, It’s a chance to get to learn and unlearn some new strategies and technologies involved…that way we could do better at the things we’ve become used to that has now become obsolete. I mean, nobody uses a typewriter again, right? even if you had 12 years of experience…

@woofy31
I think I’d sign up as both Mentor and Mentee. Is that possible (I haven’t registered for any as at the time of writing this).
When I began to use the buyer request feature as not just a seller but a buyer, I understood pretty why I was loosing out of some big opportunities back then.

There’s a lot to learn from mentors and being a mentor as well.

@lisabaarns
If there were 3 levels of being a beginner, I would say that the LEVEL 1 seller is the novice 3 who has more experience than the rookie novice who’s not done any job whatsoever…

However, there are exceptions. Someone gets into Fiverr today and in 2 days has already gotten 5 orders. Imagine what could happen in 30 days with this order rate.

All i’m saying is that, the first 5 minutes with any beginner beginner -rookie novice - tells you whether or not they can be mentored.

@xpertjtb1
Putting projects in the hands of a trainee/intern for me is no disservice to clients…it’s the way interns learn pretty fast since they’re doing so on the job.

I would also say that it is also relative - take for example, transcription. Does giving an intern an audio file to transcribe seem like a disservice… I guess that’s what the mentor/mentee program should succeed in doing - knowing who is really up for mentoring because Transcription could be a very painstaking job if you don’t have patience.

Not sure if this program is for me. Mentoring someone is a huge responsibility, I don’t think I’m up for it personally.

I volunteered to mentor someone unofficially here some time back but I had several challenges especially as I did not want to use any words that would raise the FLAGS ON FIVERR and result in something terrible.

I’m glad about this program for this reason. I hope we can have the luxury of mentioning several words like yap, yenom, diap, etc (OH! I spelt the words backward incase you were trying to figure that out)

Count me in to help newcomers in the VO industry.

What a nice offer!

I am trying to start doing those although have no experience so it would probably take the patience of a saint.

so it would probably take the patience of a saint

Or even more than that! 😂

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived