Mentor/Mentee Program (BETA)

mjensen415

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, I’m a bit confused now. Is this about teaching others the path to more success, or about teaching others to do exactly what you do?

Because if it’s the latter, wouldn’t it be like cutting the tree branch beneath your own feet by revealing your work secrets (built over the years) to others and thus increasing your own competition? (for I’ve had a lot of fresh sellers ask me to reveal my process, tools & secrets so that they can offer the same services as me 😐 )

Maybe I’m overthinking, maybe I’m not thinking - can anyone tell me a bit more about what this program involves?

I do understand your point and I see your concern but I think the aim is to guide the mentee and evaluate their current process.

That way you will be able to give positive/constructive criticism which will help them increase sales not not necessarily to disclose your trade secrets.

@mjensen415 Done. Form submitted. I’d really like to change someone’s world with my experience. The last question was littlebit cheeky.

I’ve been using Social Media and Internet Marketing successfully to promote my own businesses for years. I wanted to help people learn Social Media, grow their business, and have fun.

​But my passion is to help entrepreneurs and small businesses grow and use the internet to their fullest advantage. I enjoy coaching and developing strategies to show small businesses how to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube , Instagram and all other Types of Social Media.

@mjensen415 Done. Form submitted. I’d really like to change someone’s world with my experience. The last question was littlebit cheeky.

I’ve been using Social Media and Internet Marketing successfully to promote my own businesses for years. I wanted to help people learn Social Media, grow their business, and have fun.

​But my passion is to help entrepreneurs and small businesses grow and use the internet to their fullest advantage. I enjoy coaching and developing strategies to show small businesses how to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube , Instagram and all other Types of Social Media.

OMG!!! Some two days back I was wishing that these super experienced professionals on forum should mentor new comers to help them figure out about freelancing career and becoming self valued, independent etc. Just like the mentors I have, while doing my internships. @fitrigwrites4u sign up to be a mentor!!!😇

OMG!!! Some two days back I was wishing that these super experienced professionals on forum should mentor new comers to help them figure out about freelancing career and becoming self valued, independent etc. Just like the mentors I have, while doing my internships. @fitrigwrites4u sign up to be a mentor!!!😇

@sugamlife Eh? I´m not a mentor material, not even close 😂

@sugamlife Eh? I´m not a mentor material, not even close 😂

@fitrigwrites4u you are a “mentor” material. You have been on Fiverr and forum for a while now and have so much valuable experience to offer. I can’t stress enough on it right now as this is too much exciting for me, I like being mentored and have some one to learn from. just sign up please 🙏

@fitrigwrites4u you are a “mentor” material. You have been on Fiverr and forum for a while now and have so much valuable experience to offer. I can’t stress enough on it right now as this is too much exciting for me, I like being mentored and have some one to learn from. just sign up please 🙏

Just a thought, but since this program is for a matching of mentors/mentees but appears to be free, there is no reason you couldn’t make an arrangement with someone specific. I’m not saying it would have to be the person you mentioned since they might not want to do it, but if a pair of sellers want to form a mentor/mentee relationship that is specific to them, you could just use forum PM to discuss it.

Just a thought for those that haven’t been here long and may not be ready for the full program, or those who do have someone specific they’d like to work with as a mentee or mentor. Of course, I would not suggest badgering someone about it if they decline, that would be spammy, but to ask once doesn’t hurt. There are also some sellers who offer gigs for specific types of Fiverr help, so if you had specific questions you could ask a seller about a custom service. 🙂

I think this Beta program is an excellent idea, but there seems to be room for experimentation within the ToS.

But what’s the point of the program when new sellers can’t join it? You need to be atleast be level 1 to sign up. Looks like this program is to increase fiverr revenue instead of helping new sellers. But it’s in BETA so let’s hope for the best.

@zeeshan_tirmizi Hmm, maybe Fiverr doesn’t let very new sellers because then the very new sellers would ask their mentors everything that is already written in the Fiverr Academy page, in the Support page, and in the ToS page.

Keeping it to at least L1 would mean that the seller is still new but has been on the site just long enough to have got acquainted to all those academy pages, support and tos pages, hence allowing the mentors to give actual help that isn’t quite covered in those pages.

@zeeshan_tirmizi Hmm, maybe Fiverr doesn’t let very new sellers because then the very new sellers would ask their mentors everything that is already written in the Fiverr Academy page, in the Support page, and in the ToS page.

Keeping it to at least L1 would mean that the seller is still new but has been on the site just long enough to have got acquainted to all those academy pages, support and tos pages, hence allowing the mentors to give actual help that isn’t quite covered in those pages.

Completely agree!. New sellers must be able to manage to be at level one. Mentors are not tutors. Mentor-ship is to provide only some advises on and then. Mentors are not meant to construct whole career from bottom. Lets just hope this programme takes a while to start as I haven’t completed my 30 days on Fiverr. #fingerscrossed

Completely agree!. New sellers must be able to manage to be at level one. Mentors are not tutors. Mentor-ship is to provide only some advises on and then. Mentors are not meant to construct whole career from bottom. Lets just hope this programme takes a while to start as I haven’t completed my 30 days on Fiverr. #fingerscrossed

@sugamlife ❤️

Exactly what I tried to say but couldn’t find the right words - thank you! 🙂

But what’s the point of the program when new sellers can’t join it? You need to be atleast be level 1 to sign up. Looks like this program is to increase fiverr revenue instead of helping new sellers. But it’s in BETA so let’s hope for the best.

I agree with the others that 30 days and 10 sales is important preparation. So many sellers join, make 0-5 sales and rage quit. I’d rather not start mentoring someone in those early days. They can read all the good content and or hire help on or off Fiverr.

I was worried for a minute there 😃

Thank you for your reply and kind words Saddu - would it make much sense to also sign up as a mentee after seven years of fiverring? :thinking:

Lol you are such a worrier! I saw ur post about the billionaire- don’t take things too seriously, and trust yourself to be able to make a judgement when it comes, man.

Besides, I’m sure the program is a totally voluntary thing. If it weren’t, you can just exit the program, probably. Just thinking out loud, I’m a little worried for your blood pressure 😁

Lol you are such a worrier! I saw ur post about the billionaire- don’t take things too seriously, and trust yourself to be able to make a judgement when it comes, man.

Besides, I’m sure the program is a totally voluntary thing. If it weren’t, you can just exit the program, probably. Just thinking out loud, I’m a little worried for your blood pressure 😁 well, my regular blood pressure is usually around 100/40… If I wouldn’t worry much, it would get lower 😃

Its not about teaching or revealing your secrets woofy. Its just to teach them How the site works and how they can make the best of it. You can be a perfect Mentor as you are a TRS and a very experienced sellers. It will be almost same as we do on Forums but a little specific as it will be more focused on one seller.

Hope that make sense. 🌺

Yes… I also got idea.

This is a great idea, I have like 1 month using fiverr and have some good sales. (Like 10…).
One little stuff that I think fiverr is missing is the collaborative work. I don’t know, maybe you can mix a group of people from different categories and create jobs together.
I think this project will help on it.

Archived