Any tips for my video testemonial business?

Guest danieltestifies

Guest danieltestifies

Hey guys, my name is Daniel, I am 18 and I decided to give this fiverr thing a try. My first gig that I started today is a video testimonial business. What do you guys think of it and do you think its viable?

You are joining a crowded field, so imagine what you can offer to make your gig stand out to customers. Think backwards. Not just what you want to offer, but also what they might want/need to get.

Demographics matter for some customers, and if you don’t offer what a customer thinks they want, then you get no sales – at least from those buyers. What can you offer as a 19 year old male? Speaking as a “Devil’s Advocate” only, why would your opinion be valid or trustworthy as a product or service endorser? (No, I’m not saying you don’t have a good answer for that, just that the you might need to give buyers a specific good reason to “feel” like you are the one to use.) Would you be able to speak as the generic Voice of Your Generation? (Example: Can you target products/services that seem matched to end users in your age group?) Can you play a little older to seem like a person who has been around enough to have the experience to be an expert? Can you be Mr. Happy Guy and promote things that customers don’t even know they need yet?

So I’m just throwing it out there that you might do one or more of the following:

a. offer general testimonial services (but face ALL the competion for that)

b. offer specific testimonial services (perhaps gaining a higher percentage of a smaller targeted pool of buyers)

c. offer more or better than your competition does (longer times, better video, production values, add a free audio only mp3 with each video purchase, etc.)

d. Can your Canadian setting be a edge you can exploit? Scenic outdoor shoots? French and English?

You are new so you can define yourself until you have enough feedback to let that help you sell.

You are joining a crowded field, so imagine what you can offer to make your gig stand out to customers. Think backwards. Not just what you want to offer, but also what they might want/need to get.

Demographics matter for some customers, and if you don’t offer what a customer thinks they want, then you get no sales – at least from those buyers. What can you offer as a 19 year old male? Speaking as a “Devil’s Advocate” only, why would your opinion be valid or trustworthy as a product or service endorser? (No, I’m not saying you don’t have a good answer for that, just that the you might need to give buyers a specific good reason to “feel” like you are the one to use.) Would you be able to speak as the generic Voice of Your Generation? (Example: Can you target products/services that seem matched to end users in your age group?) Can you play a little older to seem like a person who has been around enough to have the experience to be an expert? Can you be Mr. Happy Guy and promote things that customers don’t even know they need yet?

So I’m just throwing it out there that you might do one or more of the following:

a. offer general testimonial services (but face ALL the competion for that)

b. offer specific testimonial services (perhaps gaining a higher percentage of a smaller targeted pool of buyers)

c. offer more or better than your competition does (longer times, better video, production values, add a free audio only mp3 with each video purchase, etc.)

d. Can your Canadian setting be a edge you can exploit? Scenic outdoor shoots? French and English?

You are new so you can define yourself until you have enough feedback to let that help you sell.

Daniel,

People will judge your quality of work by the video (and audio) you present.

1. Lighting is important. Shooting in the shadows is probably not best.
  2. Appearance is important. Wear clothes that are more business like. And shoot against a wall or backdrop, rather than an open area.
  3. In your video, include several examples of the types of testimonials you will do.
  4. Since you are young, you could specialize in testimonials for products that young people buy and use.

Good luck

Hello! I’m a video girl here on Fiverr, and I checked out your gig. Are you really going to be making any profit by offering to film a 400 word script in HD for only $5? That seems a bit unrealistic, and that takes so much time that I don’t see how it would be worth it?

Whatever works for you though!

Archived