Question about a gig idea - acceptable or not?

coonpawstudio

I’m trying to find an answer to this question, since what the Terms of Service, and, what I’ve actually seen on the Website as gigs seem conflicting enough for me to ask.

I’ve been pondering writing short, small erotic stories in the vein of say, a heated romance novel, or ‘50 Shades of Grey’, so to speak. However, such a thing would most certainly have a more ‘mature’ lean which may skim the ToS, barely in terms of ‘No Adult Content’. ---- At the same time, I can find gigs such as: http://fiverr.com/sweet_christine/make-1-character-for-a-sexy-fettish-cartoon and http://fiverr.com/sandra90/take-a-set-of-sexy-pictures-in-my-lingerie-with-your-advertising-message-written-on-my-body that also fall within the same vein of my idea and they seem to be A-okay.

So is that initial idea alright? or would it be breaking Fiverr’s ToS?

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Reply to @finalstep: Seriously, then why have I had at least 5 requests for erotica alone in the last month. I’m really not fussy what I write about. I’m writing a vampire story with horror and erotica elements right now. Are you writing erotica? didn’t think so…leave the guy alone.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Reply to @est1990: Well let’s just say by the time it’s done it’s gonna be a mix of True Blood meets 50 shades of Grey. Vampires don’t sparkle like in Twilight and they don’t fraternize with college and high school kids like in Vampire Diaries. I am giving it that Vampire Diaries feel where they jump back and forth telling the story of the past and present. I want to also somehow put a doppelganger character in there but don’t want to confuse the audience. The character of Vincent, who is the vampire, is the main character. He has lived since the revolutionary war. I have worked on 2 gigs so far and they want to do 2-4 gigs a week. The buyer contacted me again tonight and is extremely excited with the story.

Reply to @cust0mcr3ationz: Good for you friend! Hope you are making some decent money from it. I work on another site writing longer content and its a joke what people want to pay writers for 10K -30K words. I am trying e-publishing myself at this point, but its always a great feeling when you get a customer coming back again and again.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Reply to @est1990: I could let you read the first sample. I don’t know when she’s going to publish it per se but she’s already in the process of finding someone. She publishes frequently I guess. This is her first Vampire type story and she needed help making it. i’m pretty much the creative force behind it.

Archived