How is it possible, to make extra requests after completion of revision limit?

abdul_samad_2

i allowed 4 revisions in my custom order to a client. But he has requested 6 revisions yet. How is it possible, to make extra requests after completion of revision limit?
After each revision, he says, that “Now it is amazing, i’m just waiting for my team review”. Then he disappeared for couple of days. Ultimately he appeared after 2 days with another revision.
I mean,how bad it is that Fiverr does not support seller cause.There should be some sort of check n balance for these type of Buyers.

It is not Fiverr’s fault, it is you who need to inform the client that they have exhausted the maximum number of revisions that you offer, they either accept the work or open a dispute case, but you need to communicate with your clients and make them understand from get go or from the second requested revision that you only allow up to 4 revisions. You have to be clear with your clients and have an honest conversation with them. Good luck

It is not Fiverr’s fault, it is you who need to inform the client that they have exhausted the maximum number of revisions that you offer, they either accept the work or open a dispute case, but you need to communicate with your clients and make them understand from get go or from the second requested revision that you only allow up to 4 revisions. You have to be clear with your clients and have an honest conversation with them. Good luck

No, it is Fiverr’s fault.

Fiverr allows us sellers to specify the EXACT number of revisions we allow per package.

Then the buyer has a clear indication every time a delivery is made. A countdown of sorts.

Guess what happens when I offer 3 rounds of revisions and the buyer wants a fourth one?

They can simply press the “request modification” button and get a 4th one. No problem.

What should happen on a GUI level? Once all revisions are used up, the buyer needs to be left with the option to accept delivery or purchase more revisions. Plain and simple.

Fiverr allows us sellers to specify the EXACT number of revisions we allow per package.

Then the buyer has a clear indication every time a delivery is made. A countdown of sorts.

Guess what happens when I offer 3 rounds of revisions and the buyer wants a fourth one?

They can simply press the “request modification” button and get a 4th one. No problem.

What should happen on a GUI level? Once all revisions are used up, the buyer needs to be left with the option to accept delivery or purchase more revisions. Plain and simple.

You say no, my gig only allows 3, simple as that, and if a dispute happens, you will win. It is not a crime to ask as many times as you want, I understand you hate to say no to your clients and let fiverr be the bad guy for you, but come on, we all have to say NO at some point, the limit is designed for you to specify how many you allow, and if more is asked, you have the right to say no and guess what, you will not be blamed.

You say no, my gig only allows 3, simple as that, and if a dispute happens, you will win. It is not a crime to ask as many times as you want, I understand you hate to say no to your clients and let fiverr be the bad guy for you, but come on, we all have to say NO at some point, the limit is designed for you to specify how many you allow, and if more is asked, you have the right to say no and guess what, you will not be blamed.

We are talking about two different things.

You are talking about this in theory, about how empowered the seller is, the power of no, etc etc

After making about 6.000 sales here, let me tell you a little secret:

not all buyers are reasonable, understanding, and are looking out for you.

So take my suggestion as a more practical one. A technical barrier protecting legit sellers against unreasonable or abusive buyers

You are talking about this in theory, about how empowered the seller is, the power of no, etc etc

So take my suggestion as a more practical one. A technical barrier protecting legit sellers against unreasonable or abusive buyers

We are not talking about two different things.

It is not about how many sales you made, and I am not trying to argue for the sake of argument, I am saying what is wrong with telling the client that they have exhausted their limits of revisions? Why is it important that fiverr restricts what the client wants to ask?

You got that right, but they can be told no if they start being unreasonable.

A technical barrier protecting legit sellers against unreasonable or abusive buyers

Technical barriers are costly, unnecessary since simple “NO” to the clients who is being unreasonable is sufficient and again, what is so wrong with telling the client “No” when they ask what they are not suppose to ask?

Let’s be honest, you want Fiverr to be the bad guy and fight your battles for you 🙂

Well I don’t have 6,000 gigs like you do, but I’ve done 2,500 in a little over 12 months. We totally agree: NOT all buyers are reasonable. So what? I hope Fiverr stays out of that area.

I offer ZERO revisions, although some people ask for them anyway. If they ask I say, “Sure, I will send you an offer for the revision you requested.”

No need for Fiverr to enforce any limit.

If you are offering 3 revisions, you can easily say “Sure, I’ll get that done for you, you have 2 revisions left.” Or you could wait until they ask for the final revision and say “No Problem, this is the last revision, be sure you are happy with it as we are at the end of the free revisions…” (Or something like that in your own words…)

In other words, as long as you set the standards, and enforce them, Fiverr doesn’t need to do anything.

Not to mention: I don’t do free revisions if the client changes the script, BUT I do revise free if I made a mistake. My gig says I won’t do any free revisions, but that doesn’t apply to errors I occasionally make.

I’ve also am very loyal to my repeat clients. Occasionally one of them needs something and I just do it, as a thank-you.

As for the abusive/unreasonable ones, I still handle them. I am always nice, but I explain why my prices are so low on Fiverr, and that if they want a change, they have to pay something for it. I might discount it, I might charge them full price, that’s up to me based on the type of client they are, and the pricing on the original gig. (I treat a minor revision different on a $295 order compared to a $5 order.)

I don’t want Fiverr trying to enforce, I’m able to handle it myself, and enforce my policy (which is clearly stated in my gig, and in my requirements).

NO thanks to Fiverr getting into the middle of that process.

I’m definitely on the side of Fiverr having an automated system that counts down the number of revisions left - kind of like it does the days left on an Order; we don’t need our Buyers to TELL us “Hey, you only have 12 hours left” or whatever - per what we’ve put on our gig. If the “system” can count down days, it can certainly count down revisions.

Maybe it’s because I’m still somewhat new, but I personally prefer NOT to have negative Reviews OR cancellations, which I could totally see happening if ~I~ have to say “no” vs. an automated system letting them know. Why hand buyers yet another reason to put us down?

I’m definitely on the side of Fiverr having an automated system that counts down the number of revisions left - kind of like it does the days left on an Order; we don’t need our Buyers to TELL us “Hey, you only have 12 hours left” or whatever - per what we’ve put on our gig. If the “system” can count down days, it can certainly count down revisions.

Maybe it’s because I’m still somewhat new, but I personally prefer NOT to have negative Reviews OR cancellations, which I could totally see happening if ~I~ have to say “no” vs. an automated system letting them know. Why hand buyers yet another reason to put us down?

Why hand buyers yet another reason to put us down?

Because when you do have tons of clients, you see that you make some exceptions, and most you don’t. So the system would have be complex.

If it’s your mistake, are you counting that against one of the clients revisions? I don’t. (Maybe you do… That may be a valid choice.)

Clients who want to make a negative review because I don’t provide free revisions are fine by me. I set the expectations up front. It’s in my requirements, it’s on my gig.

If you state 3 revisions, and they get mad because you won’t do number 4 free, you can choose to either do it, or not. If the system says “no more”, that isn’t going to make them happy.

I suspect the “well the system won’t let me” type statement isn’t going to get a better review. How will they not be bothered by that? I don’t see them blaming Fiverr instead of me. Will they then leave a great review?

Effectively managing client expectations is critical for longer term business success, on Fiverr, or the outside world. We all have a few unreasonable clients if we do enough. That goes with being in business. The sooner we learn to deal with them effectively, the better off we are.

Good luck having the system be the bad guy and take the blame if they are unhappy with my delivery, before or after the revision.

I have to keep earning my clients repeat business, so I don’t want the system thinking one size works for all. I prefer handling this myself, but I respect if you want something different.

BTW - I can’t tell you how many people keep ordering from me, after I tell them they have to pay for something. It’s about the way we handle it and VALUE. As long as we keep delivering more than they invest, and handle this type of issue with respect, it works in 99% of the cases.

NOTHING is perfect. I expect a few unreasonable clients even though most are wonderful.

If you’re ok with negative feedback, that’s certainly on you. One of my worst reviews came from someone who wanted to email; I, of course, let them know it’s against Fiverr’s ToS and they marked me down, noting they weren’t happy about not having email contact. So if I can get that kind of review for something that IS due to Fiverr’s ToS, I’d prefer not to have repeated ones, if I can help it. Perhaps when I reach such heights as hundreds and thousands of sales, a negative won’t bother me, but with less than 100 sales under my belt, it does bother me VERY much.

To each their own, I guess.

I had a buyer order 1 gig for 40$, reversion were free if I was at fault, 5$ if the buyer is at fault… The buyer technically decided that he would try and work the system. After delivery the buyer would simply pay 5$ and ask for different modifications (remove that video and add this one). Long story short, I ended up with a 3 star after telling him he would have to order a new gig if the modification wasn’t in the original order.

If you’re ok with negative feedback, that’s certainly on you. One of my worst reviews came from someone who wanted to email; I, of course, let them know it’s against Fiverr’s ToS and they marked me down, noting they weren’t happy about not having email contact. So if I can get that kind of review for something that IS due to Fiverr’s ToS, I’d prefer not to have repeated ones, if I can help it. Perhaps when I reach such heights as hundreds and thousands of sales, a negative won’t bother me, but with less than 100 sales under my belt, it does bother me VERY much.

To each their own, I guess.

If you’re ok with negative feedback, that’s certainly on you.

I don’t love negative feedback any more than the next seller, and I have very little of it. (As I’m writing this, I actually have a 1 star review about 15 minutes ago…I haven’t had one of those for over 1700 gigs. I’ll even leave it and respond with a very professionally response tomorrow…)

That said, I think it’s HOW we handle it, because if they are going to get bothered and rate me down, they will do it with/without the system.

My gig states: No revisions.

Does that stop a few of them from asking? No!

Do a few feel throw a temper tantrum type message and say they will rate me down if I don’t do X or Y for free? Yes.

I see the direct result of the system telling them revisions are expired, because basically that is how my gig works from the start.

Recently, Fiverr added a “Check this box to make sure you understand you have to pay for revisions…” They have to check that box before the order completes.

Are a few bothered if they decide they want a revision for free? YES. Do they care that it has been stated 3 times that there are no free revisions? No. I still get a few unreasonable ones. Life.

They can still give me a negative review. Again: First time tonight in the last 1700+ gigs. Do I love it, NO, it bothers me because I delivered a great product to that person. But they wanted something for nothing, and I’ll take the hit. (And explain to other buyers, 99.9%% understand it happens to everybody.)

Again: I respect your POV! I just see that no matter what the system does to “enforce” that concept, we still with have issues with some, and we better learn to deal with it.

I’ve also had dozens who asked for additional revisions, but due to the way I learned to handle it, are now consistent clients.

They didn’t love that I wouldn’t do free work, they challenged me on it, and I was very nice, but firm about WHY I don’t do that type of thing, at my price points.

Enough respected it that they have since purchased 20 or more times from me, and I have a few who have purchased over a hundred since that initial request where I said something like “Sorry, but that’s a paid revision request.”

They deserve my respect but not free work/additional free revisions.

There are many paths to success, you may select another style/method. All good by me.

Many people here are offering extremely cheap services, and yet reviews are too important to them that they allow to be taken for a fool and be abused, I even read some in the forum saying they offer refund so that the client removes bad reviews. And now you want the system to do the fighting for you. If it is your fault, do as many revisions as needed, if not say No.

I think people need to read ToS, if your gigs and what you are offering is clear, then no one will be able to ask more of you without paying for it, and if that is the case use the dispute and record conversation for evidence. Some disgusting people know how some sallers place too much importance on reviews, such people nothing will stop them, not a system or anything else, they will always find a way to take advantage of you and find your weaknesses. The only way to stop such people is to say no or they pay for it, if they threaten you or give you negative feedback because you refused to be taken for a fool, then report and even if CS doesn’t do anything about it, I prefer a negative feedback than to be walked on and taken for a fool, I learn from it, I explain why the client did that to my other clients and block the person.

So many people are abused because of their inability to say NO.

I do get the general gist and differences in outlook on this issue, however, I don’t see the technical problem.
The cancellation system is more sophisticated as well, with cancellation reasons to tick etc.

From forum reading, it seems there are some issues with the timer regarding the current revision system also, so it might be good to take a good look at it anyhow, and if one could add some things that might save time and nerves and bring more clarity and possibly less tickets for both buyers and sellers, it might be worth it.

We still could talk per inbox, make exceptions or set revisions to unlimited 😉 if wanted etc.

It would cost a bit to change it, sure, but so do UI changes and everything else.

I think it’s always worth to consider things that might make people’s lives easier and if it’s possible to design and implement changes in a way that is a win for everyone or at least a win for many and won’t make it worse for any, and I guess this might be the case here if well thought out, so why not.

Might be a nice case for Site suggestions with the different experiences and views of people for Fiverr to think about, or not.

• 8 months later...

Your ideology will led to gross misuse of fiverr buyers where most of the buyers comes with intent of saving their budget or cheating seller through paypal refund policies. If your saying is to be accepted then there is no use of specifying the number of revisions at first place. For $4, some buyer will haunt you for weeks. People’s need are never ending. They will come up with different stories to get different things get done for free. You need to understand reality to understand better.

Your ideology will led to gross misuse of fiverr buyers where most of the buyers comes with intent of saving their budget or cheating seller through paypal refund policies. If your saying is to be accepted then there is no use of specifying the number of revisions at first place. For $4, some buyer will haunt you for weeks. People’s need are never ending. They will come up with different stories to get different things get done for free. You need to understand reality to understand better.

Welcome to the forum! ☀️

I’m sure @abdulmoti would have appreciated your comment 9 months ago.

Good luck! 🙂

And the crowd cheers Frank! Frank!..Frank!

Well I don’t have 6,000 gigs like you do, but I’ve done 2,500 in a little over 12 months. We totally agree: NOT all buyers are reasonable. So what? I hope Fiverr stays out of that area.

I offer ZERO revisions, although some people ask for them anyway. If they ask I say, “Sure, I will send you an offer for the revision you requested.”

No need for Fiverr to enforce any limit.

If you are offering 3 revisions, you can easily say “Sure, I’ll get that done for you, you have 2 revisions left.” Or you could wait until they ask for the final revision and say “No Problem, this is the last revision, be sure you are happy with it as we are at the end of the free revisions…” (Or something like that in your own words…)

In other words, as long as you set the standards, and enforce them, Fiverr doesn’t need to do anything.

Not to mention: I don’t do free revisions if the client changes the script, BUT I do revise free if I made a mistake. My gig says I won’t do any free revisions, but that doesn’t apply to errors I occasionally make.

I’ve also am very loyal to my repeat clients. Occasionally one of them needs something and I just do it, as a thank-you.

As for the abusive/unreasonable ones, I still handle them. I am always nice, but I explain why my prices are so low on Fiverr, and that if they want a change, they have to pay something for it. I might discount it, I might charge them full price, that’s up to me based on the type of client they are, and the pricing on the original gig. (I treat a minor revision different on a $295 order compared to a $5 order.)

I don’t want Fiverr trying to enforce, I’m able to handle it myself, and enforce my policy (which is clearly stated in my gig, and in my requirements).

NO thanks to Fiverr getting into the middle of that process.

I agree with this, although admittedly I don’t have experience with people asking for revisions and I’m sure buyers can become very demanding. It must be exhausting.

However the word NO works great.

I would put in the requirements section as well as in an introductory message the number of revisions allowed. Then I would never hesitate a second to send an offer for any excess revisions asked for. I would also have it as an extra people could purchase, so there is no mistake in the message.

I do not see any harm though in having an automatic block on excess revisions.

This could be over-ridden by the seller if they needed to do that.

Communication as lisa mentioned is the best solution to this.

A message that pops up such as: You have two revisions left. You have one revisions left. This is your last revision. This would be helpful.

• 2 years later...

Greetings
I need to know that i have not included any single revision in my actual offer. Buyer accept it but till now i made 2 revisions (even it was not part of actual offer). Again and again he is requesting revisions. How to stop or resolve it. Kindly advice.Thanks

Archived