So how has May been for you?

writer99025

Started raining here 🙂

Weather is nice, trying to get adjusted to my new time zone, spent too much money in May - broke. Vacation was expensive but nice.

I actually made $ on my freelancing - not a lot but more than what I had. 😀 Trying to set up my blog & website, expensive.

I heard it takes 💰.

Hey, @djgodknows, @nikavoice or @n4y33m, gif or cartoon meme of shopping - ধন্যবাদ, thanks.

Weather is nice, trying to get adjusted to my new time zone, spent too much money in May - broke. Vacation was expensive but nice.

I actually made $ on my freelancing - not a lot but more than what I had. 😀 Trying to set up my blog & website, expensive.

I heard it takes 💰.

Hey, @djgodknows, @nikavoice or @n4y33m, gif or cartoon meme of shopping - ধন্যবাদ, thanks.

@gina_riley2

62566466.jpg.d15e9b8c38b4d6bf021ada6ee88f0282.jpg

It’s been great but the new changes have got me seriously concerned. The majority of my sales came from adverts and repeat clients so kinda worried about the future.

majority of my sales came from adverts and repeat clients so kinda worried about the future.

Isn’t that a good thing?

majority of my sales came from adverts and repeat clients so kinda worried about the future.

Isn’t that a good thing?

Freelancing is very uncertain. You are lucky to have a high paying regular job and do the writing and other stuff part-time. To depend only on a freelance income is very difficult. But then, where I am, jobs are uncertain too, so basically life is uncertain. Don’t think too far ahead into the future, do your best for today, but save as much as possible. [General advice for everyone]. [ As Nassim Nicholas Taleb says in The Black Swan, if you want to survive and thrive in today’s world, embrace uncertainty.]

Isn’t that a good thing?

No…it’s not. The guy that handles my advertising won’t be available starting next month and I’ve exhausted nearly all my repeat clients and none of them will be needing new content for like 1 - 2 weeks. So in short, I’m in a tight place. Really hoping I get some traffic from Fiverr next month. Completed like 70 (20 were from Fiverr) orders with 5 stars this month so hopefully, it’ll result in my gigs ranking a bit better.

On that note, Gina you’re a buyer, right? Could you like tell me what you search for when looking for a gig?

No…it’s not. The guy that handles my advertising won’t be available starting next month and I’ve exhausted nearly all my repeat clients and none of them will be needing new content for like 1 - 2 weeks. So in short, I’m in a tight place. Really hoping I get some traffic from Fiverr next month. Completed like 70 (20 were from Fiverr) orders with 5 stars this month so hopefully, it’ll result in my gigs ranking a bit better.

On that note, Gina you’re a buyer, right? Could you like tell me what you search for when looking for a gig?

70 orders a month is a lot, you have no reason to worry. Just keep going and stay calm. But if your family depends on you, also take up a steady offline job, even a low paying one, in addition to the freelancing. Do you have eBay in Pakistan? Maybe you can try selling on eBay, there is always a market for that. I gave up eBay only after I started making a decent income on Fiverr. eBay is for the domestic market, Fiverr is for the global market. In emerging economies, there is a huge demand for online shopping. Here’s what I did - picked up books from second-hand bookshops, packaged them, cleaned them up, and sold them as “used books in mint condition” on eBay, for a 25% to 50% profit.

[details=Off Topic for ssj1236]Whatever search word that comes to my mind.

For example, today I was looking for line drawing, so that’s what I put in the search bar. It was irritating as at least half were Photoshop, comics, etc. - nothing to do with silhouette, line drawing.

I finally asked forum for help on which words to input, in case I missed something. I received great suggestions, but it was all something I had already done.

I thought that whole search ranking, algorithm thing was to fix all that. Well, it didn’t work. I only found one seller that came pretty close to what I want.

[/details]

70 orders a month is a lot, you have no reason to worry. Just keep going and stay calm. But if your family depends on you, also take up a steady offline job, even a low paying one, in addition to the freelancing. Do you have eBay in Pakistan? Maybe you can try selling on eBay, there is always a market for that. I gave up eBay only after I started making a decent income on Fiverr. eBay is for the domestic market, Fiverr is for the global market. In emerging economies, there is a huge demand for online shopping. Here’s what I did - picked up books from second-hand bookshops, packaged them, cleaned them up, and sold them as “used books in mint condition” on eBay, for a 25% to 50% profit.

yeah, my family does depend on me hence me being insecure about every little thing I do. The main issue is that the guy I use to market my gigs is going for Hajj next month and most of my repeat clients aren’t going to need new content anytime soon. Plus, the ranking for my gigs has been incredibly weird like seriously broken or something.

In either case, I’ll look for another advert guy and hopefully things will go well in June.

@gina_riley2 thanks for the info, glad to know the Fiverr search is pretty broken.

yeah, my family does depend on me hence me being insecure about every little thing I do. The main issue is that the guy I use to market my gigs is going for Hajj next month and most of my repeat clients aren’t going to need new content anytime soon. Plus, the ranking for my gigs has been incredibly weird like seriously broken or something.

In either case, I’ll look for another advert guy and hopefully things will go well in June.

@gina_riley2 thanks for the info, glad to know the Fiverr search is pretty broken.

I have no idea how marketing works. I will ask later, when you are settled and I am free.

I heard it takes 💰.

Gosh! have you just said “ধন্যবাদ”?

giphy.gif.3c3cd1b52bd723f1a89f07ba61df22ca.gif

The shopping .gif for you @G

giphy.gif.5d8c20490429f87ed7ac32704b621ce2.gif

And, for me:

giphy.gif.dd24de52b49130c5eeb038a16943ad5b.gif

My advice to you is to spend a very small amount of money on website design and setup. Focus on the content and promotion for now. Who knows if your website will get ranked or not? Do you know how much it cost me to set up my personal website? Just $12 (yes, I used a coupon). Moreover, I designed it myself, with the help of a plugin which cost me around $60.
All in all, website appearance should not be among your top priorities while stepping into a new niche.

How this eBay thing works by the way?

I heard it takes 💰.

[details=You asked for it, I delivered. =)]http://funnycats.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/me-when-a-store-has-stuff-i-need-cat-gif-meme.gif

004.gif.2689c23aa337ebda8d3d6c6e4eaeb1de.gif

😍

[/details]

May has been lonely, exciting, traveling in Ethiopia, finding it facinating, managed to deliver two jobs, but mostly trying to enjoy what this country has to offer, I find the people nice, weather very nice (Addis Ababa has fine weather), the internet is a bit slow but it is ok.

Oooh! Are you asking about orders? Well, I always have few orders throughout the year, I enjoy them since I am doing this for my free time, it is worth it and I am having the time of my life.

Orders will come, I suggest people take advantage of the slow time, to explore what other gigs they can possibly offer and relax, read a book, visit a friend, plan a trip, watch a movie, learn new skills and live life. 🙂 And that goes for both those who do this full time or part time. Life is short, don’t make it shorter by worrying about orders or anything else.

Archived