A paused gig... and a paused order lol (My vacation mode interesting experience)

Before I share my experience, let me give you one advice … NEVER PUT VACATION MODE FOR TOO LONG… it might affect your account negatively. Not all buyers are that patient or understand the sentiments of a seller’s issues.

let me share my own interesting experience with vacation mode. My first month here on Fiverr has been fantastic when I joined it last year in April. I never imagined I would reach level 1 status just under my first month… but … there are certain things which aren’t under your control… my workstation died on me the very next starting month 😑 It was a very high end machine and expensive to rebuild… due to lack of funds…I was unable to get my system up and running and I had to put on the vacation mode to postpone my work here on Fiverr… … for 9 months… yeah 9 damn long months of vacation mode…that was it for me… a full stop to getting constant flow of orders… 😅

But one surprisingly interesting thing happened, while I put on the vacation mode, I noticed that I had one buyer’s “early” order request. By early, I mean he already ordered my gig but he was still required to fill in the order requirements form… only after which the order gets triggered and countdown begins for delivery!

I saw that but I could do nothing about it due to the reasons as explained earlier. Now I had a paused gig… and a paused order along with it that never triggered… God’s kind to me eh! 😂

when I finally rebuild my workstation back early this year, THE FIRST THING I DID WAS TO REMOVE MY VACATION MODE AS SOON AS I LOGGED ON MY SYSTEM AND CONTACTED THAT GENTLEMAN BUYER APOLOGIZING FOR HUGE DELAYS DUE TO MY PROBLEMS… AS HE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR 9 FREAKING MONTHS TO GET THIS ORDER UP AND RUNNING!!..

It was a big order and I was pretty sure, he would not even bother to reply me back or continue the order anymore seeing my gig inactive for so long. 😔

But to my surprise, He gladly filled in the order request form and his order finally began rolling! …

I delivered him a dubstep style track as he requested and he rated me 5 star for my quality work 🙂

I am not sure whether you can mention your buyer’s name here in the forum but I would like to thank him for being such a true gentleman, being patient and supportive of my problems.

If that Buyer is reading this, I will be grateful 😇

Thanks,
manish30885

Archived