2 Years of Almost 24/7 Work and Loving it now totally demotivated!

seo_by_pro

Hi Guys,

I don’t want you to get the wrong idea… Fiverr was the best thing that happened to be and at a time I needed it most. I with my small team of programmers and designers started working on fiverr 2 years back. When we joined I never had to look back … Cause my quality of service and 100 % attention to clients satisfaction was so much appreciated that we reach the top ratted seller level as well, then because of my cancelation we lost that and now are level 2. Have made over $ 35 K in the process …

A programmers journey is not simple. Cause everyday we have people sending all sorts of requests at us. Most of the people are so much fun to work with and you enjoy the interaction but then there are some bad apples … who’ll try to exploit you in any way possible. Try to get more and more work from you or threaten you with negative feedbacks … We had our share of such people … but thanks to very undrstanding fiverr staff we got into trouble and got out because they understood the situation and helped !!!

Now The whole reason behind this post is a guy ordered 35 Gigs last year for a job which was building a custom website , he sent PDF instructions and we communicated the fact that we’ll create this and then we’ll send it to you for reviewing and such jobs are never done right the first time so we’ll work with you and revise things like you want as per your feedback.

Now we competed the task and sent back the files for the customer to review … and he was gone … a month went by and then he came back saying that he " had some family issues and can’t continue with the job. " Now having spent almost 4 days in creating this … we said its not fair to us if you want to leave like that as we have spent time in creating this … if you would have told us before creating this we would have cancelled it without asking for anything. Then he started abusing that I want to cancel because the job you did was not worth $ 2 and I just want refund. Being in this industry and dealing with clients all th time I knew exactly what happened " This guy was outsourcing the given task to us for a client, then because he had some issues forgot to get back to the us or that clietn for a month" in which he would have lost th job and now since he was not going to be paid from that client so thought why should he pay us … but the bottom line is we worked hard to create this. And honestly, if he would have discussed a bit more and asked politely I would have refunded as well … but his exploiting attitude and threat to leave negative feedbacks got me in the mode that this guy should not be allowed to exploit us like that … I tried to make sense but he became more and more rude. In the end I said if you think that we are wrong you can contact fiverr staff they’ll decide whats wrong and whats right… we had a strong and documented case ! and our intention were never to scam this person or anybody ever for that matter.

Anyways the guy went away and we started working normall as we do … A year goes by and then I woke up one morning and Bammmm ! I have gotten 99 % reputation which was really a shock , because having thousands of completed and positive ratings that means you must have gotten lots of negative feedback to drop down to 99 % , anwyays I looked but was not able to find th orders , I asked fiverr staff to let me know who left the negative feedbacks so I could know atleast whast going on, rather I insisted to them that it might be some bug… cause everything was working fine all the orders were working fine … no active or pending job was going wrong … anyways they pointed us to the negative feedbacks which were 35 in total , left after a year by the same person …

We contacted the fiverr staff and explained the situation … with his conversation … statements and threats … and were very confident that they’ll help us in gettting back our reputation … which we have worked so hard for… and having history of honest work they’ll know that we never try to cheat anybody , rather anybody doing thousands of jobs … and maintaining 100 % rating won’t ever do such a thing , but they said that sorry , we can’t remove those feedbacks without concent of the buyer … and we need to work this out with him … Now this was so shockign and disturbing that I have lost all the motivation … and though I am replying messages , doing jobs … but moral is at all time low … because for a hard working guy , working full time on fiverr … its hard enough to recieve even 1 negative feedback , we fight / strugle to make things right with everything and have done it in the past … but now 35 negative feedback left by a guy , after a year and on a job that he just wanted to cheat us by taking all his money back when we did do all the work he wanted and were ready to do any changes that he wouldh ave let us know …

Sorry about such a long story 😦 , I wish I could have shared all the good ones too … and will do over time as there have been so many , because of fiverr … but just feeling really down … and couldn’t keep it all inside …

• Syed & Abbie

Just keep your head up. I have been receiving orders on Fiverr every day until the one bad apple gave us our first negative review because they demanded too much work for so little. Wished that Fiverr flush reviews every year. 😦 Oh well. Good luck in your sales.

I was so confident that they would help !!! If I was a person who had no history of hard and honest work behind me … then they should have been right in considering us wrong … but I have even refunded / cancelled jobs after months where I felt it was justified but this person was wrong and rude … and just wanted to cheat us … and like I said 1 negative feedback is demotivating enough I got 35 !!! If we have not worked so hard for maintaining our reputation and credibility it would have been ok … but we did for every single order … and now this 😦

Guest matt_garry

I hate to admit this but Fiverr staff has also greatly disappointed me I know that fiverr will not help me so I cancel gigs that I have worked hours or even days on every month to keep my 100% rating. I like the extra income I like the fact that my main source of income is from my home. Even today I wrongfully cancelled a gig because I could not do these extremely tedious and poorly explained revisions.

Even if they do help me ( if something freezes over) I do not want a hateful rant on my page ( for over a week) explaining that I did not do a service that I actually over delivered on.

This sucks, there should be some sort of balance between buyer’s and seller’s power/priority/importance. . I got 1 negative because of something similar.

I thought I over delivered that order 2 years ago but the buyer wanted allot more for just 5 bucks. Then I offered cancellation but instead he left a negative.

Don’t let those negatives get you, I am sure few more completed orders and you’ll be back to 100% again.

Best of luck 🙂

Reply to @matt_garry: I hear you brother !! This is really what I feel that fiver staff should consider … that a preson whose worked for years and has done thousand of gigs … hundreds of jobs is very serious about this … and is not playing around … so he won’t do anything to hurt his/her reputation … so they person with a long history should have more consideration while dealing in such cases … we fight for even 1 negative feedback … consider 35 negative feedbacks and what that does to your motivation … 😦

I have to say this because I see rantings like this everyday about bad feedback. But, we do have a shot at redeeming ourselves with our feedback about the client. The whole saying of, “kill them will kindness” or “you catch more bees with honey than vinegar” stands true in this regard.

Use your feedback about the buyer - thumbs down - to make remarks about the issue at hand. Be sure to explain - as short and simple as possible - about the project, and let prospective buyers make their own determination from that. Buyers know there are two sides to every story… USE IT!

The moral is when doing this: DON’T BASH THE BUYER! You’ll only come across as vindictive and give a boo-hoo I’m the victim persona. No buyer will hire a person who acts like this in their reply to negative feedback.

And, I’m also not saying Fiverr CS is wrong in not getting rid of bad feedback especially when it’s warranted especially in cases where there is substantial abuse from the buyer or threats of negative feedback. But, when they don’t, it’s up to us sellers to use that thumbs down and box to plead our case in the most sincerest and positive way.

That’s just my two cents…

Reply to @emeraldawnn: Well said. Yes, sometimes CS is unfair in their non-removal of unjustified feedback.

Every time I order I check a buyer’s negative feedback. If they are defensive and insulting to buyers, I NEVER order from them. If they view it as a learning experience I do not hesitate to order from them. It means that even if we disagree, they will not attack my character for it. I have seen sellers call buyers “idiots” and “stupid” in their feedback. I steer clear of them every time.

It is an unfortunate situation and sadly to say it can be quite demotivating. I can only suggest that you persist in doing the excellent work you have been doing thus far. Customer Service with Fiverr is under a bit of pressure and in my opinion understaffed but even though this is the case we sometimes have to just put their case to them and hope and pray that it gets addressed in a timely manner and just return to our primary goal of making that cheddar.

Fiverr Administration must take into consideration that it is they who are working for us as if we refuse to offer our services here then they do not get paid.

I sincerely hope that they will step up the Customer Service response time by hiring a couple more people to address the concerns of us their employers.

For me, this kind of report raises the very fundamental question of just how Fiverr has come to make this kind of policy. Granted, a private company is allowed to have any kind of policy they wish, but this one seems so oddly unreasonable that one has to wonder who is making this policy decision.

Do you really think Fiverr lets its various CS agents set the company policy in each situation? Of course not. Someone at a higher level has made a decision about how negative feedback complaints are handled. And that person must have SOME reason for a blanket policy that ignores logical cause and effect considerations that other companies make. Sellers and buyers are ALL customers in Fiverr-land, yet on this particular issue there are WAY too many detailed reports of inexplicable decisions.

Fiverr, please tell us who made this call. No, not the specific CS person on this file, but who decided that “Feedback is Sacred, even if it is blatantly wrong!”

I fear this every day. We really don’t know if the buyer will turn rogue on us. It’s too bad that nothing can be done about it. However, there is no wrong on your side at all. By one month that money must have already reached your payment account. Keep up the good work by the way. Don’t let one person effect your work style.

Reply to @donhopkin:

Thanks Don : And this would be so good , if they could assign authority to users … for such cases … that a level two or rather … a guy with thousands of completed gigs , his word should be considered of more weight then a person whose has not much histor , offcourse all the case should be studied as well … to see the obvious …

Reply to @emeraldawnn:

I have 3 negative feedbacks on my gig where I have over 1900 positive ones … and 1 of thsoe was well deserved .cause I took the job lightly and forgot to respond to the client in time … told him I’ll get back and I forgot … so when you deserve a negative feedback , one should have the courege to accept his mistake and accept the outcome … but when you know that you are not at fault and the other person is just exploiting you and gets away with it … thats when it hurts the most …

Reply to @est1990: Well if they think like that then eventually the end will be near. Because its not like everybody out there is doing a great job or providing a great service … Its the sellers / services providers who are the core asset of fiverr !!! who have provided quality service to people and they liked it … so they spread the word … but if the sellers start doing crappy work … then that word will also go out and eventaully buyers won’t consider fiverr a good place to do business … and sellers won’t consider this safe place either !!!

I just hope they come up with a plan !!! that atleast after 5K sales that this seller is the real deal and he’s not taking the work lightly here on fiverr and is giving fiverr fair amount of revnue as well so give weight to his case more as and when arise !!! because for them their reputation and credibility is well earned and shouldn’t be allowed to ruin by some random person …

Reply to @seohut: well apparently this is an effect that would happen as your reputation gets down !!! the % of queries that I used to get has reduced by almost 50 % … thanks to that guy !!! but also fiver should also know that its 50 % less business they’ll get from my side … which was being handled highly profesionally … but I don’t think they care anymore !!!

Archived