Some arrogant Sellers target new forum members and flag their posts for no reason

manish30885

Since I am coming in late on this, but pretty much get some idea of what’s happened or taken place, I have determined at least one thing wrong with the Internet… it leads to misunderstandings and misinterpretations of what people “say” or “are trying to say.”

Correct me, please, if I am wrong.

That’s true but in this case it’s been clear at least to me. Someone said a couple of things that were offensive and now feels he has been bullied, in spite of my best efforts to explain that mentioning gender or religious figures can be offensive.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disclaimer: This might come off as too lengthy, bear with me.

I wanted to drop a more crude response to this but decided not to (yet again). You have to be very much understanding of your environment before you speak - it’s one of the world’s greatest survival rules. You say you do have a personality, and you do, we just don’t “know” it yet. Besides, you can’t define my true personality by what I post online. Far from it, 'cos I could just as well feign meekness as I could feign arrogance while online, and you could never tell if I were that way offline. However, when I talk of having yet to “define a personality” (a phrase you have adopted as an insult), I mean that, as with everywhere else, it would take forum regulars some time to decide how they view you - sarcastic, arrogant, friendly, helpful, etc. I believe this is also what was meant by the other posters who mentioned this.

I know I am not here to make friends.

Wrong, you can form some level of friendship with persons on the forum, as a group (more likely) or personally.

You say that this is a business forum and others say that I haven’t yet received my “character definition”. Haha, These two are contradictory sentences as well btw

Again, you get to define your character on every forum, business or otherwise, by your actions. A person can be a pro in his business but also have a terrible personality with workmates and friends alike - online or offline.

I am a deep introvert (I hope you understand this term well)

This hardly explains anything. I am an INTROVERT, perhaps a little freer on the internet than I am in reality. However, my introverted nature appears more in my silence on most threads than in my “sarcastic” presentation of personal thoughts. This introverted nature is also what makes me blend in well on this forum, 'cos I understand how persons prefer to be addressed, and because I hate getting bashed, I love to present my thoughts in ways that do not offend anyone’s sensibilities. Being an introvert gives you a very analytic mind, and this helps me fit into online group discussions a little better than offline group discussions in “strange environments” like this forum where I hardly know anyone. Oh, and introverts can be very friendly, just not too open. I’m afraid you might not understand this trait as much as you claim to.

I’m more introvert than anyone on the entire Forum

Permit me to dispute this your self-given title 🙂.

P.S: I hate your (@manish30885) use of sweeping generalizations; nothing here pisses me off more than that. You call yourself calm, yet you make use of phrases like “arrogant sellers,” and generalizations like “target new forum members.” In all my stay on the forum, you are only the third newcomer (the others blamed it on the forum being too seller-dominant while they were buyers) I’ve heard or witnessed getting such a bashing. And, there was always a concrete reason for that.

This hardly explains anything. I am an INTROVERT, perhaps a little freer on the internet than I am in reality. However, my introverted nature appears more in my silence on most threads than in my “sarcastic” presentation of personal thoughts. This introverted nature is also what makes me blend in well on this forum, 'cos I understand how persons prefer to be addressed, and because I hate getting bashed, I love to present my thoughts in ways that do not offend anyone’s sensibilities. Being an introvert gives you a very analytic mind, and this helps me fit into online group discussions a little better than offline group discussions in “strange environments” like this forum where I hardly know anyone. Oh, and introverts can be very friendly, just not too open. I’m afraid you might not understand this trait as much as you claim to.

Yes. You do understand introversion and thanks for giving me a bit of a hint on how to use it in your favor while being in this forum of strangers. But you just explained the “pure” introversion my friend. Life isn’t as simple as that 🙂 It gives you certain experiences, good,bad and ugly… that defines your introversion level as to how much you would be open or bottled up

Never challenge me or claim that you know it too well… also what you said to @woofy31 as describing himself with a “self given” title. He was just explaining his childhood experiences of living as an introvert kid.

Now don’t make me explain introversion, self deprecation, etc. etc. in very detail, including other aspects that can affect an introvert person like “Selective Mutism”, “Avoidant personality”, Maladaptive daydreaming, social anxiety etc… . I’ve admined a whole plethora of facebook groups based on mental health 🙂 … and I might flood the post with irrelevant (though gem) of a knowledge about human psychology on a forum based on business psychology 😜 (used by virtual tongue so that you know I am not replying to you as some relentless assassin ready to crush anyone in it’s path… I am only 32)

No, I don’t brag or claim either to know it all. I’ve felt it all my whole life even without knowing the technical terms Sure, Introversion is sure a trait…I am not denying that. It’s not self deprecation or low self esteem that I mentioned earlier. It’s about being reserved, not open to sharing your thoughts that easily (until provoked… which can trigger that inner hulk within you) I know that all too well. It can also act as one of the crucial foundations as to how a person’s mind reacts to certain social situations they are in though. For example, extroverts (opposite of introvert) may not react the same way as introverts do or feel in social situations. They are more impervious to what others think of them. They are the chatter bugs. The fact that introversion alone may or may not inhibit a person’s social communication is the reason why other terms exist (as I mentioned above) to further define the personality of an individual … or rather the lack of it 🙂 … which is way beyond your (or anyone’s) understanding here… you all are blessed, to have supportive families and loving friends 🙂 and I don’t want to write a full book on it here. All I can say is that there are introvert people and there are those introverts who have had certain terrible experiences in life due to which they can transform into more quieter people than the actual trait of introversion allows… so much so that it makes it tough for them to survive socially. I’ve FELT ALL THAT AND MORE MY WHOLE LIFE. I won’t say, I am the undisputed king of introverts…give me the championship belt… because I wish I wasn’t so inhibited or reserved in the first place to get trapped in that dark rut of self shame and loathing early on in my life when I joined the forum called “human race” …which took so long to break out of (the trap) 😒

That’s not why I’ve joined the forum, to explain my feelings or make others feel like they should console my past suffering.

thanks

btw, I’ve noticed you’ve retracted one of your comments… hmm… you do think before you post

Since I am coming in late on this, but pretty much get some idea of what’s happened or taken place, I have determined at least one thing wrong with the Internet… it leads to misunderstandings and misinterpretations of what people “say” or “are trying to say.”

Correct me, please, if I am wrong.

Your guess is right. That’s why I don’t like the idea of forums.

I have been a Facebook group admin of multiple groups…and THEY ARE MORE FRIENDLY IN NATURE… read my long comment to know more.

LOL…I find the forum a lot more interesting now that I don’t participate in the discussions. Maybe a complete break will be hard, so will post one comment a day if I feel like it. Why are you people ganging up against my fellow countryman? Fellow countryman why are you so angry, bitter and angry? Can we have the Oscar fellow here as well? That would make things even more fun! Keep going, you’re all doing a great job! [Emmaki like this post Now. That’s an order.]

LOL…I find the forum a lot more interesting now that I don’t participate in the discussions. Maybe a complete break will be hard, so will post one comment a day if I feel like it. Why are you people ganging up against my fellow countryman? Fellow countryman why are you so angry, bitter and angry? Can we have the Oscar fellow here as well? That would make things even more fun! Keep going, you’re all doing a great job! [Emmaki like this post Now. That’s an order.]

Nobody’s ganging up on anybody - quite the reverse, and does it really matter on this huge, global platform where anybody comes from?

@manish30885 - this is a forum, not therapy - you’ve been offered help by PM - please take it if you want to. If you don’t then that’s fine as well - we all look forward to welcoming you as a member of this mad, wonderful, friendly forum! 🙂

Nobody’s ganging up on anybody - quite the reverse, and does it really matter on this huge, global platform where anybody comes from?

@manish30885 - this is a forum, not therapy - you’ve been offered help by PM - please take it if you want to. If you don’t then that’s fine as well - we all look forward to welcoming you as a member of this mad, wonderful, friendly forum! 🙂

Nobody’s ganging up on anybody - quite the reverse, and does it really matter on this huge, global platform where anybody comes from

You know me well by now that I never say anything too seriously…was said in jest…[but of course, if this fellow countryman says “Har Har Modi! Ghar Ghar Modi!” I am going to leave everything and jump to his defense…]

Nobody’s ganging up on anybody - quite the reverse, and does it really matter on this huge, global platform where anybody comes from

You know me well by now that I never say anything too seriously…was said in jest…[but of course, if this fellow countryman says “Har Har Modi! Ghar Ghar Modi!” I am going to leave everything and jump to his defense…]

I know that writer me dear - I just wish other folks would take life half as seriously as you! BTW - you’ve posted twice in one day - tisk! 🙂

How did I know you’d bring Modi in - remind me again, who is he - no, on second thoughts, please don’t bother!

Nice to see you back! 🙂

Archived