Some arrogant Sellers target new forum members and flag their posts for no reason

manish30885

I can honestly say that those who responded to you are not the types who are looking for arguments or fights so it may be worth looking at your own comments in the context of what they have said.

Thanks ,Eoin!😊

I am referring to some “female” sellers. Thanks.

😲

and I am well aware who are those few members who regularly find my posts “offensive” no matter what I post or comment. I’ve been observing this since few of my postings. As if they wait for the opportunity to find a new post of mine…

that’s called “harrassment”

Well I neither tried to harass you nor I Flagged your post.I replied in a quite friendly manner to @woofy31 and your response was shocking.You forgot to share screenshot of your next reply BTW.So far I remember only reply to you,so your claim is false of finding your posts offensive.No one have enough time to do so.

I’ll just be less active in the forums from now on … 😑

I do apologies if you thought I was trying to harass you.I’ll stay away from your post next time,forum is for everyone, you don’t need to leave it .One last thing

I urge all to be professional

I must repeat ,be professional.

Good luck!

I do apologies if you thought I was trying to harass you.I’ll stay away from your post next time,forum is for everyone, you don’t need to leave it

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. Feels nice finally seeing some words of realization and compassion coming from you. I respect that and just know that I never said anything directly about your service or gigs or your gender. I wasn’t even talking to you in that post which created so much fuss and negative attention. No need to try to stay away from my post. I don’t want to make others feel threatened or misjudge me as a person that I am not 😒

Though I really wish people could know more about me, my background, than what opinions I convey in the comments. It’s so much easier to bash any newbie calling them labels like “offender” etc or a weirdo just based on few typed letters on screen. WE ARE HUMANS AND HAVE FEELINGS.

It just hurts me and reminds me of my depression and loneliness days as a teen 😕

anyway, not gonna recall all that here. It’s not the place to get emotional.

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do apologies if you thought I was trying to harass you.I’ll stay away from your post next time,forum is for everyone, you don’t need to leave it

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. Feels nice finally seeing some words of realization and compassion coming from you. I respect that and just know that I never said anything directly about your service or gigs or your gender. I wasn’t even talking to you in that post which created so much fuss and negative attention. No need to try to stay away from my post. I don’t want to make others feel threatened or misjudge me as a person that I am not 😒

Though I really wish people could know more about me, my background, than what opinions I convey in the comments. It’s so much easier to bash any newbie calling them labels like “offender” etc or a weirdo just based on few typed letters on screen. WE ARE HUMANS AND HAVE FEELINGS.

It just hurts me and reminds me of my depression and loneliness days as a teen 😕

anyway, not gonna recall all that here. It’s not the place to get emotional.

Thanks

I don’t know if it’s some kind of defense mechanism or not, but I actually admit, think and say about myself that I’m a weirdo 😃 For some reason, it makes me feel different and unique.

I love this picture someone did for me a long time ago that totally represents me, and I miss her so badly in here:

10372219_10152887915282025_3628243543861875964_n.jpg.fb43deb8a61f562a2e29cdd30cc9d226.jpg

So I don’t know about you, but I like being a weirdo 😃 There’s nothing bad about it IMO.

Guest offlinehelpers

I initially wanted to post a big fat LOL on this thread, but I think that might come out as offensive.

No, go ahead and have fun on my posts. It’s not offensive. It’s open to everyone’s personal judgments. At least that’s how everyone seems to welcome new members. Having a lol is a good thing than flagging a lol. I didn’t know forum members were that serious though… so as to take my sarcasm as an offense and decide my “personality” as that of an offender.

and I thought I was misjudging any one.

Okay - I’m posting this in the full knowledge that I may get suspended /banned etc. @fonthaunt @eoinfinnegan @annai80

I haven’t flagged any of your posts - others have because they felt that your posts broke the ToS, for whatever reason.

You tell us you’re a bright and intelligent 32 year old, who obviously has a talent for music - that’s great!

Not everybody’s going to like what you post - it’s just one of those things. I’m sure many people don’t like what I post, but they’re too polite to say it! 🙂

This community, which is fabulous, is made up of all sorts of people, from all around the world - you need to remember that, the same as I do - things which I find funny, sarcastic etc. may not go down well with everybody, so I wouldn’t necessarily post them in public for everybody to see - I’m old, I’ve got a strange sense of humour!

I’ve learned how to fit in, and not rock the boat, not post stuff that’s going to be controversial or upset anybody, and everybody’s been great to me here - it’s lovely, and I really do thank all the Fiverr posters for making me feel welcome.

They’ll make you feel really welcome too, if you just give them half a chance. Don’t come out all guns blazing, just have a think before you post something, and ask yourself if anybody’s going to think twice about it.

Really, they, and I, will welcome you with open arms, so come on, big boy pants time, as our American cousins apparently say - come on in, the water’s lovely!

I initially wanted to post a big fat LOL on this thread, but I think that might come out as offensive.

No, go ahead and have fun on my posts. It’s not offensive. It’s open to everyone’s personal judgments. At least that’s how everyone seems to welcome new members. Having a lol is a good thing than flagging a lol. I didn’t know forum members were that serious though… so as to take my sarcasm as an offense and decide my “personality” as that of an offender.

and I thought I was misjudging any one.

At this point I think is my duty to bring some clarification on few aspects 😑:

No, go ahead and have fun on my posts. It’s not offensive. It’s open to everyone’s personal judgments. At least that’s how everyone seems to welcome new members.

We had some long discussions in your previous post. And at the end I’ve said that your behavior was somehow contradictory.

On this quote you have a great example of that:

The first two sentences are great.

The last one is your kick on the neck, that allows members to go on posting against you.

You need to decide, my friend: What you want to be?

-Angry

-Apologetic

-Serious

-Sarcastic … ?

If you state clearly that you are angry, there is no need to “hit back”, just wait if the person that in your opinion has offended you, asks for excuses. And if not, who cares? Is their opinion against yours, and opinions are that: opinions.

Feels nice finally seeing some words of realization and compassion coming from you.

Let’s not get too sentimental though, this is just a business forum. A public forum.

If you’re not able to accept other people’s ideas or opinions then do not expose yourself, knowing that you’re too sensible to deal with them.

One must understand, when words are WRITTEN and not spoken, there are multitude of opportunities for misunderstandings.

You have not established a character definition on this forum yet, hence, all your expressions will be taken negatively, naturally.

If you understand what I have just said, you should completely understand your situation.

:peace:

You are very intelligent and your’s is the 1st comment that I liked on this post. I completely understand what you said. That I think is the drawback of the whole idea of a forum hence you find all the trolling, drama, hair pulling ,etc. etc. in various forums across the internet in general.

Sir, my “character” has already been defined by me (and my friends) long ago in real world who personally know me. I am a very passionate and sensitive individual 🙂

About Fiverr world though, I am not sure, how this definition works but I joined fiverr in april last year and I’ve actively been participating in the forum section hardly since few weeks. Let’s see how long will it take for people to realize that I am not some type of a savage personality lol

Okay - I’m posting this in the full knowledge that I may get suspended /banned etc. @fonthaunt @eoinfinnegan @annai80

I haven’t flagged any of your posts - others have because they felt that your posts broke the ToS, for whatever reason.

You tell us you’re a bright and intelligent 32 year old, who obviously has a talent for music - that’s great!

Not everybody’s going to like what you post - it’s just one of those things. I’m sure many people don’t like what I post, but they’re too polite to say it! 🙂

This community, which is fabulous, is made up of all sorts of people, from all around the world - you need to remember that, the same as I do - things which I find funny, sarcastic etc. may not go down well with everybody, so I wouldn’t necessarily post them in public for everybody to see - I’m old, I’ve got a strange sense of humour!

I’ve learned how to fit in, and not rock the boat, not post stuff that’s going to be controversial or upset anybody, and everybody’s been great to me here - it’s lovely, and I really do thank all the Fiverr posters for making me feel welcome.

They’ll make you feel really welcome too, if you just give them half a chance. Don’t come out all guns blazing, just have a think before you post something, and ask yourself if anybody’s going to think twice about it.

Really, they, and I, will welcome you with open arms, so come on, big boy pants time, as our American cousins apparently say - come on in, the water’s lovely!

Why you believe you may be suspended for posting that, girl? 😐

Have you ever seen half of my posts and I still didn’t get suspended? 😈

Guest offlinehelpers

Why you believe you may be suspended for posting that, girl? 😐

Have you ever seen half of my posts and I still didn’t get suspended? 😈

That’s true! I just don’t want to upset anybody, so set out the ground rules before my post, just in case! 🙂

At this point I think is my duty to bring some clarification on few aspects 😑:

No, go ahead and have fun on my posts. It’s not offensive. It’s open to everyone’s personal judgments. At least that’s how everyone seems to welcome new members.

We had some long discussions in your previous post. And at the end I’ve said that your behavior was somehow contradictory.

On this quote you have a great example of that:

The first two sentences are great.

The last one is your kick on the neck, that allows members to go on posting against you.

You need to decide, my friend: What you want to be?

-Angry

-Apologetic

-Serious

-Sarcastic … ?

If you state clearly that you are angry, there is no need to “hit back”, just wait if the person that in your opinion has offended you, asks for excuses. And if not, who cares? Is their opinion against yours, and opinions are that: opinions.

Feels nice finally seeing some words of realization and compassion coming from you.

Let’s not get too sentimental though, this is just a business forum. A public forum.

If you’re not able to accept other people’s ideas or opinions then do not expose yourself, knowing that you’re too sensible to deal with them.

do not expose yourself, knowing that you’re too sensible to deal with them.

that’s why I said, I won’t be as active as before @wuerz123 . I know I am not here to make friends. (although you did offer me friendship after long list of arguments)

The thing is, we are creative professionals… creative people are very sensitive in nature. At least it’s been true for me.

You say that this is a business forum and others say that I haven’t yet received my “character definition”. Haha, These two are contradictory sentences as well btw

I don’t know if it’s some kind of defense mechanism or not, but I actually admit, think and say about myself that I’m a weirdo 😃 For some reason, it makes me feel different and unique.

I love this picture someone did for me a long time ago that totally represents me, and I miss her so badly in here:

f4afabc449edcb28f6b8ba7b4aa09e1caceead57.jpg

So I don’t know about you, but I like being a weirdo 😃 There’s nothing bad about it IMO.

and I am a deep introvert (I hope you understand this term well). I am a thinker and I’ve a sarcastic sense of humor. I like to perceive my issues in a sarcastic way (self sarcasm) as well as other general issues in a sarcastic way too. Offending others is the last thing that I ever wanna do. Ask any introvert whether they like to offend others. You will find many memes on introversion. It’s a deep psychological categorization of human personality. Introvert people aren’t very friendly and loud people in general, they are most misunderstood as well from the society (and on Fiverr 😷

that’s why I said, I won’t be as active as before @wuerz123 . I know I am not here to make friends. (although you did offer me friendship after long list of arguments)

The thing is, we are creative professionals… creative people are very sensitive in nature. At least it’s been true for me.

You say that this is a business forum and others say that I haven’t yet received my “character definition”. Haha, These two are contradictory sentences as well btw

creative people are very sensitive in nature

That’s what my father keeps telling me every time I have a discussion with the baker when he gives me the bread with raisins by mistake :thinking:

… that and “you’re wasting your time with that PhotoshoT😑

Guest offlinehelpers

and I am a deep introvert (I hope you understand this term well). I am a thinker and I’ve a sarcastic sense of humor. I like to perceive my issues in a sarcastic way (self sarcasm) as well as other general issues in a sarcastic way too. Offending others is the last thing that I ever wanna do. Ask any introvert whether they like to offend others. You will find many memes on introversion. It’s a deep psychological categorization of human personality. Introvert people aren’t very friendly and loud people in general, they are most misunderstood as well from the society (and on Fiverr 😷

Believe you me, nobody does self deprecating like us Scots - we don’t need anybody to take the p*** out of us, we do it really well ourselves!

But, as folks have said already, sarcasm about other people, or what they’ve posted, doesn’t well on forums (fora?), but please feel free to take the p*** out of yourself - just make it a bit obvious! 😀

Edited to add - have you seen the Scottish football team recently?

Believe you me, nobody does self deprecating like us Scots - we don’t need anybody to take the p*** out of us, we do it really well ourselves!

But, as folks have said already, sarcasm about other people, or what they’ve posted, doesn’t well on forums (fora?), but please feel free to take the p*** out of yourself - just make it a bit obvious! 😀

Edited to add - have you seen the Scottish football team recently?

Believe you me, nobody does self deprecating like us Scots

Kindly don’t make religion or country based comments. Community may find it offensive. (Last time,“Jesus” was considered as offensive)

jk

Introvert people aren’t very friendly people in general

Allow me to contradict you on that - I’m more introvert than anyone on the entire Forum, and I’ve known other introverts, too. I’ve been like that ever since a little kid, too shy to interact with others including my own family, too busy munching on my own thoughts, and I’ve never liked being social in real life. I suck at gatherings/reunions, I’ve never been to a party or a disco/club in my whole life, I simply suck in real life.

But guess what? All my former school peers and the handful of friends I had saw me as that friendly guy, because I was being friendly when approached, always have been and always will be, even though I don’t talk much in real life and I always wished I was born mute.

I’m a caveman, the worst of introverts, and I’m proud to be a friendly. Why do you think I have more ❤️s received than given on the Forum? True, I helped a lot and love to keep helping people in here, but many of those likes were because of my friendly nature.

And yes, I may not seem introvert in here, because come on, it’s a virtual utopian world where we can’t see or hear each other, it’s all happening from behind our own curtains 🙂

P.S. anyways, I truly wish this whole thing would move on, and get put in the “it’s-all-in-the-past bin”, because instead of helping people on the forum or having a good time, it feels like we’re in limbo (a place where there is nothing and one remains trapped forever and ever) - let’s start fresh, eh? 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

Believe you me, nobody does self deprecating like us Scots

Kindly don’t make religion or country based comments. Community may find it offensive. (Last time,“Jesus” was considered as offensive)

jk

jk

I’m an old person - you need to add a smile so I understand! 😀

Allow me to contradict you on that - I’m more introvert than anyone on the entire Forum, and I’ve known other introverts, too. I’ve been like that ever since a little kid, too shy to interact with others including my own family, too busy munching on my own thoughts, and I’ve never liked being social in real life. I suck at gatherings/reunions, I’ve never been to a party or a disco/club in my whole life, I simply suck in real life.

But guess what? All my former school peers and the handful of friends I had saw me as that friendly guy, because I was being friendly when approached, always have been and always will be, even though I don’t talk much in real life and I always wished I was born mute.

I’m a caveman, the worst of introverts, and I’m proud to be a friendly. Why do you think I have more ❤️s received than given on the Forum? True, I helped a lot and love to keep helping people in here, but many of those likes were because of my friendly nature.

And yes, I may not seem introvert in here, because come on, it’s a virtual utopian world where we can’t see or hear each other, it’s all happening from behind our own curtains 🙂

P.S. anyways, I truly wish this whole thing would move on, and get put in the “it’s-all-in-the-past bin”, because instead of helping people on the forum or having a good time, it feels like we’re in limbo (a place where there is nothing and one remains trapped forever and ever) - let’s start fresh, eh? 🙂

Just-my-face.thumb.jpg.43ea734412cad5527fd5c6ca9e0d70ee.jpg

Guest offlinehelpers

let’s start fresh, eh?

Sounds like a cracking good idea @woofy31 😀 Big smile so all of us oldies can understand it!

I haven’t explained in detail about various facets of an introvert as I am now very cautious revealing too many details about me and my personal life… cause who knows community is on district 9 level of alert on my comments right now and can object to any opinion or experience I post about my personal life.

But since you’ve talked about your life as a child. … Trust me @woofy31 , introversion is just a tip of an iceberg that we are talking here … there’s a lot more to it than you think 🙂

To give you a brief idea about me, I’ve been a lot more than just a shy kid next door. I’ve been socially anxious as heck.I don’t want to get into personal details too much here but I’ve suffered BULLYING in my school due to my quiet nature as well. 😑 This world is a tough place for silent introverts to live in my friend. Everyone targets you when you are that innocent and quiet kid in school who is bright in studies, has excellent drawing skills, creatively inclined but some find it tough to digest your talents and start targeting you for your “weakness” that you never realized yourself. You start to care more about what others think of you rather than valuing your own opinions about yourself. In simple words, you may call it low self esteem, lack of confidence but it’s much deeper than that. (it may seem like an inception for all to understand what it means I know, but it’s a feeling that is very tough to get rid of completely for silent reserved people) Many people give up on fighting that inner feeling of self shame and eventually take drastic step and end lives 😔 I’ve been in that pitch black dark space. In fact, you feel as if you’re not even entitled to have your own opinions anymore. It’s a vicious cycle that keeps spinning the more you face ridicule and taunts from those self obsessed bas* that you keep yourself surrounded by for 6 hours daily. 😖 … and haven’t even started mentioning about my parental hardships… of them being in complete denial of me as a child when I was going through such emotional turmoil… due to …nevermind 😷

That’s the true weirdo factor about me which I felt like sharing because you said something about your childhood nature too.

But yes, ending it on a positive note, We are still here!! (as Morpheus would scream to his fellow men 😀) …

after battling years of depression and suicidal urges, I finally overcame that mental block and began pursuing my dreams of becoming a music composer after completing my education as a computer engineer 🙂

and now I can say, I am in the point of my life (and state of mind) when I look back in my past and say (with middle fingers), those who bullied me, they can’t match my level of talent and skill that I worked on for years to achieve… because back then, I let my inhibition, my mind speak louder than my spoken words, but now… the thing which speaks louder than my spoken words is my music :guitar::violin::saxophone::musical_score::notes::musical_keyboard:❤️

thank you in advance to anyone who managed to read this…

that’s why I said, I won’t be as active as before

I’ll just be less active in the forums from now on .

A flounce is only effective if you actually do it.

Disclaimer: This might come off as too lengthy, bear with me.

I wanted to drop a more crude response to this but decided not to (yet again). You have to be very much understanding of your environment before you speak - it’s one of the world’s greatest survival rules. You say you do have a personality, and you do, we just don’t “know” it yet. Besides, you can’t define my true personality by what I post online. Far from it, 'cos I could just as well feign meekness as I could feign arrogance while online, and you could never tell if I were that way offline. However, when I talk of having yet to “define a personality” (a phrase you have adopted as an insult), I mean that, as with everywhere else, it would take forum regulars some time to decide how they view you - sarcastic, arrogant, friendly, helpful, etc. I believe this is also what was meant by the other posters who mentioned this.

I know I am not here to make friends.

Wrong, you can form some level of friendship with persons on the forum, as a group (more likely) or personally.

Again, you get to define your character on every forum, business or otherwise, by your actions. A person can be a pro in his business but also have a terrible personality with workmates and friends alike - online or offline.

I am a deep introvert (I hope you understand this term well)

This hardly explains anything. I am an INTROVERT, perhaps a little freer on the internet than I am in reality. However, my introverted nature appears more in my silence on most threads than in my “sarcastic” presentation of personal thoughts. This introverted nature is also what makes me blend in well on this forum, 'cos I understand how persons prefer to be addressed, and because I hate getting bashed, I love to present my thoughts in ways that do not offend anyone’s sensibilities. Being an introvert gives you a very analytic mind, and this helps me fit into online group discussions a little better than offline group discussions in “strange environments” like this forum where I hardly know anyone. Oh, and introverts can be very friendly, just not too open. I’m afraid you might not understand this trait as much as you claim to.

I’m more introvert than anyone on the entire Forum

Permit me to dispute this your self-given title 🙂.

P.S: I hate your (@manish30885) use of sweeping generalizations; nothing here pisses me off more than that. You call yourself calm, yet you make use of phrases like “arrogant sellers,” and generalizations like “target new forum members.” In all my stay on the forum, you are only the third newcomer (the others blamed it on the forum being too seller-dominant while they were buyers) I’ve heard or witnessed getting such a bashing. And, there was always a concrete reason for that.

Since I am coming in late on this, but pretty much get some idea of what’s happened or taken place, I have determined at least one thing wrong with the Internet… it leads to misunderstandings and misinterpretations of what people “say” or “are trying to say.”

Correct me, please, if I am wrong.

Guest offlinehelpers

Since I am coming in late on this, but pretty much get some idea of what’s happened or taken place, I have determined at least one thing wrong with the Internet… it leads to misunderstandings and misinterpretations of what people “say” or “are trying to say.”

Correct me, please, if I am wrong.

Nope - you’re absolutely right! 🙂

Archived