Questions for Editors, Proofreaders & Writing Gurus

gina_riley2

I need to switch languages in Word quite often, including but not limited to BE, AE and Australian English, but I know there are people who probably never touch their language and spell check settings, a look at that might be interesting though, Gina. 😉

spellcheck1.png.f2d3c1f7641a497b687791fa9a29b826.pngspellcheck2.png.dd9f12c1710e609bd9767da75c3aa7cc.png
spellcheck3.png.15716fe3ca64c8e020855903782e99cf.png

I need to switch languages in Word quite often, including but not limited to BE, AE and Australian English, but I know there are people who probably never touch their language and spell check settings, a look at that might be interesting though, Gina. 😉

8fbdfcd0e3dd4a121dbb30095dd77a50bc0de14e.pngdea149387249f50f618bd34ab8fee89abcf883db.png

😲

The one that always puts me in difficulty is “gray” / “grey”. I know that “gray” is the US spelling, yet my brain cannot deal with this sneaky word and uses whatever comes closer on the keyboard, a or e.

It´s easy to remember if you´re a fan of Earl Grey tea.

Never heard of it, but that definitely clashes with Gray’s anatomy 😂

I can hardly believe there are people who don´t know it, but that might be because there was probably not a single day without the smell of it in the kitchen when I grew up and always a pack and probably a backup pack in the cupboard too, so I could never forget grey/gray 🙂 It´s black tea, flavoured (flavoUred ;)) with oil of bergamot.

I can hardly believe there are people who don´t know it, but that might be because there was probably not a single day without the smell of it in the kitchen when I grew up and always a pack and probably a backup pack in the cupboard too, so I could never forget grey/gray 🙂 It´s black tea, flavoured (flavoUred ;)) with oil of bergamot.

Oil of bergamamoth? Earl’s tea? All of this sounds like a Harry Potter scene to me 😃 #rhyme_master

Well, in my country black tea is not that common, hence my lack of knowledge on the matter - we’re fixated on mint tea 🍵

Maybe I’ll use “graey” :thinking:

Archived