Do only TOP SELLERS get regular orders per month these days? (secret poll inside)

poll  

100 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Yes, Top sellers are major crowd pullers these days
    • No, Level 1 & 2 sellers aren't trying hard enough!
    • Level 1 & 2 sellers are as much talented as top dogs, it's just because of the Buyer's mentality of trusting sellers with TOP label first.
    • New sellers are blessed with great sacrificial talents. They regularly help repel buyers away from them early on, by constant spamming in Buyer's request section
    • New sellers don't bother going through Fiverr academy or podcasts
    • Some Level 2 sellers are more successful and make more money than top guns.
    • Because New sellers introduce themselves in "improve my gigs" section instead of "New user introduction" section and let everyone know that they are not getting orders. (another sacrificial technique)

With most new, level 1 and even level 2 sellers complaining about not getting orders for months, (and even for years to some 😯) what do you think is the reason behind it? Are the top sellers in your category of work getting all the orders (including those impressive long list of order queues that I always wonder how the heck they manage to deliver on time lol… one single individual cannot do such a task of handling 20 to 30 queued up orders).

Here’s a poll:

• No, Level 1 & 2 sellers aren’t trying hard enough!
  • Level 1 & 2 sellers are as much talented as top dogs, it’s just because of the Buyer’s mentality of trusting sellers with TOP label first.
  • New sellers are blessed with great sacrificial talents. They regularly help repel buyers away from them early on, by constant spamming in Buyer’s request section
  • New sellers don’t bother going through Fiverr academy or podcasts
  • Because New sellers introduce themselves in “improve my gigs” section instead of “New user introduction” section and let everyone know that they are not getting orders. (another sacrificial technique)

0voters

I would have taken the poll, but there just weren’t any options that I really agreed with. I suppose this is just based on my personal experience, but I’m level one and I have to turn work away because I get more than I can handle. My most popular package is 120 page book so I can’t take on more than 8 orders a month. Every time a spot in my que opens, it’s filled almost right away. Then again, I’ve only been on fiverr as a seller since February maybe my orders slump just hasn’t come yet 😛

I am getting close to 1 order a day. I work hard to please my customers, as well as spend a lot of time on other venue’s, marketing and utilizing SEO, social media, and the like. I am faring pretty good for someone who just started a little over a month ago. Already Level 1 seller, close to Level 2 at this point.

You just have to work hard at it. You can’t just make a gig and post it on Twitter and think everyone will flock to you.

I am getting close to 1 order a day. I work hard to please my customers, as well as spend a lot of time on other venue’s, marketing and utilizing SEO, social media, and the like. I am faring pretty good for someone who just started a little over a month ago. Already Level 1 seller, close to Level 2 at this point.

You just have to work hard at it. You can’t just make a gig and post it on Twitter and think everyone will flock to you.

Wow, congrats! @lucycodex 🙂

Well, you write erotic stories so clients can’t help but flock at you 😛

I have been here for 18 months and have some buyers who buy almost weekly, around 30-40 regular buyers who buy at least once or twice per month. I have other repeat buyers who buy less regularly too.
When I am here for 3-7 years like the TRS sellers with huge queues then I will have a huge queue just like them. They got where they are by working for it, adjusting their gigs over time to suit the market, delivering top quality work consistently. Perhaps some are lucky, perhaps some “get away with it” but the badge does not do as much as people may think it does.

Anyone seeking to get that success needs to stop focusing on those who have the success and instead focus on their own business.

I have been here for 18 months and have some buyers who buy almost weekly, around 30-40 regular buyers who buy at least once or twice per month. I have other repeat buyers who buy less regularly too.

When I am here for 3-7 years like the TRS sellers with huge queues then I will have a huge queue just like them. They got where they are by working for it, adjusting their gigs over time to suit the market, delivering top quality work consistently. Perhaps some are lucky, perhaps some “get away with it” but the badge does not do as much as people may think it does.

Anyone seeking to get that success needs to stop focusing on those who have the success and instead focus on their own business.

Very well said sir and I completely agree with you. A seller’s Badge/Rating shouldn’t be only considered when purchasing a gig (maybe for the first time buyer who is unaware of seller’s capabilities), but the quality of work that a seller puts in day in and day out… that counts more 🙂

Right now four hours a day. However I’m expanding on the first of July and I figure that will bring me to five hours every day.

Thank you for sharing your work ethics… I appreciate it

People will surely get some inspiration from a hard working level 2 seller like you 🙂

I am a part- time seller here on Fiverr but I am blessed have gotten a chance to work in the same field outside of Fiverr. (i.e music production). I work 8 hours per day 🙂

I am still new here but look forward to the day when I too get consistent flow of orders (when people start recognizing my talents).

Currently on 1 gig, I will soon introduce more gigs in my category, which has never been introduced before.

btw, What do you think about introducing multiple gigs relating to the same category of work? Does it help in gaining more exposure?

With most new, level 1 and even level 2 sellers complaining about not getting orders for months, (and even for years to some 😯) what do you think is the reason behind it? Are the top sellers in your category of work getting all the orders (including those impressive long list of order queues that I always wonder how the heck they manage to deliver on time lol… one single individual cannot do such a task of handling 20 to 30 queued up orders).

Here’s a poll:

• No, Level 1 & 2 sellers aren’t trying hard enough!
  • Level 1 & 2 sellers are as much talented as top dogs, it’s just because of the Buyer’s mentality of trusting sellers with TOP label first.
  • New sellers are blessed with great sacrificial talents. They regularly help repel buyers away from them early on, by constant spamming in Buyer’s request section
  • New sellers don’t bother going through Fiverr academy or podcasts
  • Because New sellers introduce themselves in “improve my gigs” section instead of “New user introduction” section and let everyone know that they are not getting orders. (another sacrificial technique)

0voters

(including those impressive long list of order queues that I always wonder how the heck they manage to deliver on time lol… one single individual cannot do such a task of handling 20 to 30 queued up orders)

I’ve often had 20-30+ orders in my queue, and I am a single individual completing all orders. It is not at all impossible to handle, you just need a system… and a good worth ethic.

(including those impressive long list of order queues that I always wonder how the heck they manage to deliver on time lol… one single individual cannot do such a task of handling 20 to 30 queued up orders)

I’ve often had 20-30+ orders in my queue, and I am a single individual completing all orders. It is not at all impossible to handle, you just need a system… and a good worth ethic.

I’ve often had 20-30+ orders in my queue

Woah! Someday I will have a queue like that one! Meanwhile, I am not getting orders 😂

I’m level 2 and frequently have orders backed up. Not as many as 30-40 (I have a limit on 5 so I can provide quality over quantity). I work around 4-5 hours a day depending on the day and what needs doing. I don’t think there is any real rhyme or reason to it… promote, start small, work your way up. I’ve been doin this over a year and haven’t often found there’s a slump for more than a week or ten days.

Still new here and finally starting to see some movement in my message box about my gigs. Sure, I wish I had more orders but I’m enjoying this slow start. It allows me some time to perfect my skills and really give the buyer personal attention. My best and favorite sales are custom gigs from inquiries. I hope it stays consistent like this and I reach level 1 soon.

I was just about to delate a gig I had sitting in my profile for weeks with 0 view and 0 sales. Suddenly I get one buyer who messages me for a huge custom order. It defiantly makes up for the weeks of no views. I was just a click away from deleting it when I decided to have my dinner first and think about perhaps just editing it instead. As soon as I finished cooking. my phone buzzes with a message about the gig.

…Oh the ironic power of Fiverr

Exactly what I thought when I voted: many of us seeing Level 2 sellers who are outperforming TRS’.

And what’s worse and can’t explain to myself, is seeing some fresh Level 2 sellers offering the same thing that I’ve been offering for 7 years (but with poorer quality and not much work, but rather basic or free automated stuff) and still get way more orders than I’ve had in the last year.

I don’t know what to think… 😥 I mean, I’ve invested months and months of research & planning into my gigs, creating highly quality work as reflected in my multitude of reviews, making my work more personalized than it was in the past, and then I see newbies offering similar things with no hard work or investing time like I have, and still get more orders than me. (Someone even told me that my location/country is putting off buyers, I mean, really?!)

I even saw a few copycats who got more orders than me - am I dreaming? Is the world turning upside-down?

How can one cope with all this upside-down of things?

@jonbaas , it’s good for you that you’re into logo design 🙂

I firmly believe that the speed of work depends on it’s type and not only on a good working ethic, like photoshop/illustrator logo design that you do, but for more technical and in-depth work like music production, it’s impossible to manage 20-30 queued up orders especially for True music composers and not so called “beat makers” who sell pre-made beats to their clients in 24 hours or less. I’ve seen some composers having 10-15 queued up orders which is insane tbh. I am 100% sure they have a huge collection of pre-made beats in advance or work with a team or hire others sellers behind the scenes (from third party hiring platform)

True music composers know very well that we have to create music from scratch to offer maximum customization to our clients and it takes at least 5 days per song/instrumental.

I am myself a single individual and like to focus fully on one project at a time. For me, quality matters more than quantity or speed of work… and my work ethic is very tight. 🙂

Still new here and finally starting to see some movement in my message box about my gigs. Sure, I wish I had more orders but I’m enjoying this slow start. It allows me some time to perfect my skills and really give the buyer personal attention. My best and favorite sales are custom gigs from inquiries. I hope it stays consistent like this and I reach level 1 soon.

I was just about to delate a gig I had sitting in my profile for weeks with 0 view and 0 sales. Suddenly I get one buyer who messages me for a huge custom order. It defiantly makes up for the weeks of no views. I was just a click away from deleting it when I decided to have my dinner first and think about perhaps just editing it instead. As soon as I finished cooking. my phone buzzes with a message about the gig.

…Oh the ironic power of Fiverr

@thecla_tech I am glad that you held on to your gig and didn’t delete it! 🙂

If you cannot trust your own gig, how come would you expect others to trust your service? I’ve been in your shoes at one time too. But I have very clear vision as to what I wish to do here on Fiverr as it’s my business outside of Fiverr too…i.e. music production :heart:🙂

You gotta have love for the work that you do. If it’s your passion more than just a work, no one can stop you from achieving your dreams 🙂

Exactly what I thought when I voted: many of us seeing Level 2 sellers who are outperforming TRS’.

And what’s worse and can’t explain to myself, is seeing some fresh Level 2 sellers offering the same thing that I’ve been offering for 7 years (but with poorer quality and not much work, but rather basic or free automated stuff) and still get way more orders than I’ve had in the last year.

I don’t know what to think… 😥 I mean, I’ve invested months and months of research & planning into my gigs, creating highly quality work as reflected in my multitude of reviews, making my work more personalized than it was in the past, and then I see newbies offering similar things with no hard work or investing time like I have, and still get more orders than me. (Someone even told me that my location/country is putting off buyers, I mean, really?!)

I even saw a few copycats who got more orders than me - am I dreaming? Is the world turning upside-down?

How can one cope with all this upside-down of things?

@woofy31 I exactly know how you feel bro.

I’ve been wondering the same about my category of work ever since I have joined Fiverr. … i.e. some sellers getting more orders for their generic appearing gigs compared to my elaborate offering. But in my case, I am still quite new and have only one gig targeting most common genres of music… which others are selling too. So you can’t blame buyers to buy from others who offer the same service as you at lower price (and lower quality). Buyers aren’t aware of our capabilities and quality output yet 🙂

It’s due to this very reason of other sellers offering same service as yours at LOWER PRICE (which doesn’t always mean better quality) that attracts most First time Buyers.This is why so many successful sellers treasure their repeat Buyers who regularly order from them, because they know exactly how much their sellers are talented and capable of delivering quality work every single time. It’s human psychology and Buyer’s mentality at work

I don’t want to comment on whether other sellers offering the same work as me offer lower quality because I don’t feel I have the right to judge them without even getting to know their work ethics and samples. But from what I’ve observed commonly here, most sellers are “beat makers” and not composers. You can detect them by their surprisingly low delivery times.They just work on pre-made templates or already have a collection of pre-made beats. They just sell them to clients in less than 24 hours thus cutting down delivery time… and people think that seller is a true talented music composer delivering any type of music in less than 24 hours, I must always buy from them, which is a joke if you ask any true music composer. Many days of hard work and creativity goes into making each and every intricate piece of song/instrumental. I’ve devoted my 4 years learning music theory and production before diving into this awesome world of music business (and Fiverr). So, it’s only a natural perception of us genuine sellers about doubting other seller’s work quality who offer same service as us… as we tend to put in all the hard work and devotion into every project we do.

The good thing however from all this analysis is that, eventually, Buyers will learn to differentiate the hard working and talented sellers from the other copycats, and we shall all get our share that we rightfully deserve Time is the biggest litmus test of them all 🙂

@woofy31 I exactly know how you feel bro.

I’ve been wondering the same about my category of work ever since I have joined Fiverr. … i.e. some sellers getting more orders for their generic appearing gigs compared to my elaborate offering. But in my case, I am still quite new and have only one gig targeting most common genres of music… which others are selling too. So you can’t blame buyers to buy from others who offer the same service as you at lower price (and lower quality). Buyers aren’t aware of our capabilities and quality output yet 🙂

It’s due to this very reason of other sellers offering same service as yours at LOWER PRICE (which doesn’t always mean better quality) that attracts most First time Buyers.This is why so many successful sellers treasure their repeat Buyers who regularly order from them, because they know exactly how much their sellers are talented and capable of delivering quality work every single time. It’s human psychology and Buyer’s mentality at work

I don’t want to comment on whether other sellers offering the same work as me offer lower quality because I don’t feel I have the right to judge them without even getting to know their work ethics and samples. But from what I’ve observed commonly here, most sellers are “beat makers” and not composers. You can detect them by their surprisingly low delivery times.They just work on pre-made templates or already have a collection of pre-made beats. They just sell them to clients in less than 24 hours thus cutting down delivery time… and people think that seller is a true talented music composer delivering any type of music in less than 24 hours, I must always buy from them, which is a joke if you ask any true music composer. Many days of hard work and creativity goes into making each and every intricate piece of song/instrumental. I’ve devoted my 4 years learning music theory and production before diving into this awesome world of music business (and Fiverr). So, it’s only a natural perception of us genuine sellers about doubting other seller’s work quality who offer same service as us… as we tend to put in all the hard work and devotion into every project we do.

The good thing however from all this analysis is that, eventually, Buyers will learn to differentiate the hard working and talented sellers from the other copycats, and we shall all get our share that we rightfully deserve Time is the biggest litmus test of them all 🙂

So you can’t blame buyers to buy from others who offer the same service as you at lower price (and lower quality)

That’s the thing that baffles me: even my cheapest services can’t compete with those that are similar of some newbie/L1/2 sellers, and I know exactly what some of them deliver, and still their work doesn’t compare to the efforts and quality I’ve put in my cheaper services - yet buyers prefer them for some reason that turns my world upside down & my brain inside out.

And how can you explain that I’ve found copycats of my gig with several $5 orders in queue, yet my original $5 gig had no orders? #logic_failure

So you can’t blame buyers to buy from others who offer the same service as you at lower price (and lower quality)

That’s the thing that baffles me: even my cheapest services can’t compete with those that are similar of some newbie/L1/2 sellers, and I know exactly what some of them deliver, and still their work doesn’t compare to the efforts and quality I’ve put in my cheaper services - yet buyers prefer them for some reason that turns my world upside down & my brain inside out.

And how can you explain that I’ve found copycats of my gig with several $5 orders in queue, yet my original $5 gig had no orders? #logic_failure

And how can you explain that I’ve found copycats of my gig with several $5 orders in queue, yet my original $5 gig had no orders?

Buyers can find it (if they are vigilant enough). They can easily look up seller’s profile and Fiverr joining date to figure out who started offering that service first. 🙂

But unfortunately,all that a Buyer looks for is how many orders a particular seller is getting already!

think of it as a shop where there’s a huge sale (on cheap quality items but affordable pricing) pulling most of the crowds compared to a showroom where branded items are sold at higher prices 😃

Archived