Is it secure to give paypal access to your bank account number

dhanraj1994

I do not have paypal account, And now i want to set up one, but it ask for credit card no.(which i don’t have) and also back account number, so i was wondering is it safe to give paypal access to your back account number. Because you may be charged with over drafts or if you account get hacked, your bank account also gets in danger. So what you guys suggest ? I am thinking that i will open a new bank account, just for this purpose !

Yep, it’s fine - I once had a special account just for online stuff, but my bank put the fees up so I decided to bin it and just use my regular one. A bigger risk, I think, is giving Ebay buyers your bank details for direct deposit - I’ve had some pretty shady customers over there, so I don’t offer DD as a payment option any more.

I’ve had my bank account connected to Paypal for 3 years already and haven’t experienced problems so far. However you have to be careful about phishing emails that aim to get your paypal and bank account details so they could get hold the information. If you are not sure about the emails, contact paypal or your bank directly 🙂

Guest tn5rr2012

I have never had a problem with paypal and have been connected to them with my personal banking information for 5 years now

REGARDS

Start Your Family Tree w/ Me!

favicon.ico family_tree.jpg

THANK YOU FIVERR FOR A GREAT 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(at this time we are no longer offering our service here on Fiverr we have moved our services to a new platform)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dhanraj,

Guess you are from India… for PAYPAL signup and for receiving funds all you need is an email address and the bank account number (some general related info)…

I don’t think you need to share your CC number to PAYPAL just for receiving payments…

However, if you want to spend using the Paypal then you need to link your CC…

Otherwise… PAYPAL will just send the money out… and cannot take it without your authorization from the BANK account…

So simple and safe…

Thanks

Archived