How can I report poor/misleading responses to buyer requests?

wordsmth

I occasionally post specific buyer requests. Example: I wanted an elderly woman to provide a video testimonial. I’d already searched “video testimonials” and found almost none. That’s why I posted a request! I received three “responses.” None of them were responsive. They were all “canned” responses, as well. I replied to each, asking if the offer they submitted would include an elderly woman on video providing a testimonial. None were. One offered to do an animation. The second said I would be pleased with the person provided (but not an elderly woman). The third said no, that the person making the offer had no access to elderly women.

This isn’t the first time I’ve posted a reasonable request, only to receive “offers” that the seller clearly knew did not meet the requirements.

Is there any way to report these people? I’d really call them scammers, since they responded positively to my request and, had I clicked on the order button, I’d have been charged for a service that I asked for but that the “seller”/scammer clearly had no ability or intention of providing.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way to report these offers. Like you, I have posted a couple of buyer requests and would say that greater than 90% of the responses had nothing to do with my actual request. With only 10 offers allowed per day, I’m surprised that sellers will waste them sending offers that don’t match the request.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar issue. I posted a request and got 20+ replies. I wanted something fast and low cost so contacted all the $5 requests as it wasn’t a difficult assignment. I figured $5 to $10 was a reasonable amount. All of them (7 in total) came back with higher offers when I contacted them for more details. 3 of them told me that they always bid low so they get a reply but there was no way they could do the work for $5.

So I skipped all the $5 offers as people without integrity and moved on to $10 sellers. All the same. They came back with higher offers, some significantly higher. One said they could do the work for $10, so I hired her. It was a writing job and the work came back as Copyscape fail for almost 100% plagiarism. I could have copied and pasted myself. I ended up doing the job myself after wasting several hours and gaining a few more grey hairs looking for a suitable seller.

I can’t see any way of reporting people in cases like this. It’s just a case of lesson learned. I like the buyer requests that say something like ‘include the word bandstand’ as the first word of your reply so I know you have read this.

• 1 month later...

I had a similar issue. I posted a request and got 20+ replies. I wanted something fast and low cost so contacted all the $5 requests as it wasn’t a difficult assignment. I figured $5 to $10 was a reasonable amount. All of them (7 in total) came back with higher offers when I contacted them for more details. 3 of them told me that they always bid low so they get a reply but there was no way they could do the work for $5.

So I skipped all the $5 offers as people without integrity and moved on to $10 sellers. All the same. They came back with higher offers, some significantly higher. One said they could do the work for $10, so I hired her. It was a writing job and the work came back as Copyscape fail for almost 100% plagiarism. I could have copied and pasted myself. I ended up doing the job myself after wasting several hours and gaining a few more grey hairs looking for a suitable seller.

I can’t see any way of reporting people in cases like this. It’s just a case of lesson learned. I like the buyer requests that say something like ‘include the word bandstand’ as the first word of your reply so I know you have read this.

I know exactly what you mean. Fiverr is not appealing when you have to redo work that you already paid someone to do and the quality sometimes isn’t 5 star. I wish Fiverr would make sellers take proficiency test to prove their skills and whether or not they can speak English if that’s listed on their profile. Some of the sellers have decent portfolios and others the work looks more like design class projects. Fiverr isn’t worth it dealing with low quality design gig. You’re having to go endlessly email thread and explaining basic things that a design professional should know, like creating outlines, leading and kerning. I wish Fiverr would create an algorithm or take into consideration the efficiency of the communication between buyers and sellers. For instance, how many requests were made in order to accurately complete the order. So that sellers take the gig seriously and read every line in the briefs that buyers provide before starting a project. Five stars is bullshit, how about do the job required, on time and just be professional. And then, leave it up to the buyer to give fair rating. This doesn’t mean that sellers shouldn’t want to address a poor rating and request an edit if they went above and beyond.

Archived