"I only have $5" excuse

uxreview

inquiry from a Real Estate Company who wanted guaranteed first page on Google

Real estate company who doesn’t have more than $10 to spend. Commission you make on a single sale should be enough to hire an entire agency.

I’m sure they will find one of those “high-quality traffic” gigs for that budget and when it fails then it’s Fiverr’s fault and all sellers are scam artists.

😶

image.thumb.png.19e957d671ab15241ddcf781ea466e6f.png

I’m sure this happens in every single category 😔 I guess many have stopped accepting the idea of giving money for a service or product when there’s so much “free” or “cheapest cheap” on the Internet.

I also had a different kind of cheap buyer, who said they only got $3 in Fiverr credit and asked me what I can offer for that LOL. Fiverr is not even designed to give offers for less than $5 😂

On one side we have buyers asking for a full website development for $5 and then just 2 offers down there are people selling websites for $5. If only there was a way to link these 2 together 🙂

Just 400px apart, yet so far because buyers don’t see it and spammers don’t understand that they are only spamming other sellers in the same freakin’ category.

image.png.8b7fa81a36c188920c99e4fcaf4bda9a.png

I went through the buyer requests and saw the budget $1,500. I thought to myself, finally a project with a proper budget.
But I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw the description 😃
So the buyer is willing to invest 1,500 only if he/she can make it back in 3 hours 😃 If I had a site like that I wouldn’t be selling it for 1,500.

image.png.35b76a383e8ff0b8f5a4615eca8a9b68.png

And there are 23 offers - whaaaat?!! I need to get a piece of this action 😛

I went through the buyer requests and saw the budget $1,500. I thought to myself, finally a project with a proper budget.

But I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw the description 😃

So the buyer is willing to invest 1,500 only if he/she can make it back in 3 hours 😃 If I had a site like that I wouldn’t be selling it for 1,500.

And there are 23 offers - whaaaat?!! I need to get a piece of this action 😛

If I would be able to make such a site, I wouldn’t be selling on Fiverr and I wouldn’t be bidding for that request in the first place 😂 Imagine those 23 sellers, most of them probably being crooks - why make such a site for somebody else when they have the skill to make it for themselves? Why aren’t they rich already? 😂

I strictly reject 5$ orders from people that initially ask for “more” than offered. They have the possibility to order “more” (Extras, Packs etc.) but they even don´t think about.

People that think that a simple 5$ offer is negotiable to even get more for that “lousy” amount aren´t serious business partners.

Sometimes I send them this simple math. “5$ - 1$ Fiverr commission - aprox 2$ tax (German in my case) = 2$. Ever though about that?”

I also reject orders from people that don´t have any respect to a seller and don´t understand that for a “successful 5$” Gig, both parts need to be proactive. For 5$ I do not make a somersault, logically.

I also reject all these “rich in one day” etc offers. Most of them are scam, fraud or simply senseless. Very often these people have been ripped off by someone and now they try to ripoff others to save their “investment” in that pyramid scheme.

Cause the next one who would be ripped of by these people, would be me… accusing me to not have converted their stupid business concept in a millions earning success story…

After 3 years on Fiverr, I am quite consequent in these things, cause nearly everything that „could happen in your worst dreams“ already happened, I guess.

At the end I want to keep one thing clear: All these problems are not Fiverr specific. It is a part of the „society“ itself that has turned that way and lots of people don´t even want to know what is the difference between „good“ and „bad“, legal or illegal and words like justness or ethics they have never heard…

Archived