7 Tips About Pricing Your Gig

The excel sheet works whether you’re selling packages or not. You just put the name of the buyer, how much he paid, how much you’ll get after Fiverr takes 20%. If you sell X for $5 and he gives you a $5 tip, put then revise your gross sale number to $10.

The importance of documenting by day, month, and year is to notice patters. To see on what days you get more orders, of if you’re making less money than last year, etc.

thanks men !! this is perfect yes great work and great topic !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, I learned “your secret” from a book about succeeding on Fiverr. That’s my secret, for a while I read a lot of Fiverr books on Amazon, most were crap but some had good tips.

Thanks for commenting.

If you would suggest us some books which will help

to learn fiverr success that would be really great!

If you would suggest us some books which will help

to learn fiverr success that would be really great!

You can search on Amazon for books about Fiverr. If you have a Kindle or the Kindle App, they’re easy to read. I have read:

The Fiverr Business Plan: A Step by Step Guide to Making Money Online Kindle Edition

Fiverr-Best Gigs to Make Money on Fiverr With Proven Money Making Gigs And Ways for Making Money That Work (Fiverr.com Books, Make Money With Fiverr Gigs, Ideas, Tips, SEO Book 1)

From the second book, you will find yourself thinking “I can’t do this, I can’t do that” but maybe you’ll get inspired about something you can do. In fact, I did.

Experience makes more mature on fiverr than books.

Experience matters, but would you trust a doctor that never reads a medical book? Would you trust a lawyer that doesn’t keep up with the law?

Fiverr requires serious study as well. You gotta learn from those who have been doing it longer than you have, and some of them have written books about it.

Some books are crap, but by reading several of them you’ll see for yourself which ones are good and which ones aren’t.

Experience matters, but would you trust a doctor that never reads a medical book? Would you trust a lawyer that doesn’t keep up with the law?

Fiverr requires serious study as well. You gotta learn from those who have been doing it longer than you have, and some of them have written books about it.

Some books are crap, but by reading several of them you’ll see for yourself which ones are good and which ones aren’t.

Thanks for the useful post, I don’t usually like that side of things and doing bookkeeping and taxes is on my most hated list but am inspired now and going to make some sheets.

Just wanted to add something regarding books about Fiverr, I got a Kindle subscription and skimmed a lot of them, I’d like to add 2 things for newbies reading this thread:

• if you’re going to read books about Fiverr, make sure you read Fiverr 's TOS first, some books have tips and tactics that violate TOS, you can end up with a banned account if you follow some of them

• a lot of those books only rehash the exact same content you find for free in Fiverr’s own words in Fiverr Academy, blog etc., and on the forum, so if you don’t have a subscription it might be good to first read those free sources, and then reading the samples of the books might give you a good idea of whether it’s worth to buy them or not

You can search on Amazon for books about Fiverr. If you have a Kindle or the Kindle App, they’re easy to read. I have read:

The Fiverr Business Plan: A Step by Step Guide to Making Money Online Kindle Edition

Fiverr-Best Gigs to Make Money on Fiverr With Proven Money Making Gigs And Ways for Making Money That Work (Fiverr.com Books, Make Money With Fiverr Gigs, Ideas, Tips, SEO Book 1)

From the second book, you will find yourself thinking “I can’t do this, I can’t do that” but maybe you’ll get inspired about something you can do. In fact, I did.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Thanks for the useful post, I don’t usually like that side of things and doing bookkeeping and taxes is on my most hated list but am inspired now and going to make some sheets.

Just wanted to add something regarding books about Fiverr, I got a Kindle subscription and skimmed a lot of them, I’d like to add 2 things for newbies reading this thread:

• if you’re going to read books about Fiverr, make sure you read Fiverr 's TOS first, some books have tips and tactics that violate TOS, you can end up with a banned account if you follow some of them

• a lot of those books only rehash the exact same content you find for free in Fiverr’s own words in Fiverr Academy, blog etc., and on the forum, so if you don’t have a subscription it might be good to first read those free sources, and then reading the samples of the books might give you a good idea of whether it’s worth to buy them or not

The bookkeeping thing is important for taxes, specially if you have an S-Corporation.

Absolutely, one of those books recommends buying a logo software for people that don’t know graphic design. I immediately knew that was a bad idea because there are things only a graphic designer can do, revisions only they can make.

However, I disagree that the books rehash the same content. The Fiverr blog doesn’t cover every situation, and nobody has time to read the entire blog. Also, I’ve seen bad advice on the blog, such as the recommendation to contact sellers before ordering.

I do agree with downloading the free samples before buying the books.

The bookkeeping thing is important for taxes, specially if you have an S-Corporation.

Absolutely, one of those books recommends buying a logo software for people that don’t know graphic design. I immediately knew that was a bad idea because there are things only a graphic designer can do, revisions only they can make.

However, I disagree that the books rehash the same content. The Fiverr blog doesn’t cover every situation, and nobody has time to read the entire blog. Also, I’ve seen bad advice on the blog, such as the recommendation to contact sellers before ordering.

I do agree with downloading the free samples before buying the books.

Don’t think we disagree much, maybe I didn’t express it clearly enough, I didn’t mean to say they are only books that do that with ‘a lot’, there are good and helpful ones, just wanted to say people should be careful with the ones that give tips like using multiple accounts etc. and that it’s a good idea to compare a few before buying one, because there also are books that just copy content from Fiverr or from each other. There are some that really are useful 🙂

Don’t think we disagree much, maybe I didn’t express it clearly enough, I didn’t mean to say they are only books that do that with ‘a lot’, there are good and helpful ones, just wanted to say people should be careful with the ones that give tips like using multiple accounts etc. and that it’s a good idea to compare a few before buying one, because there also are books that just copy content from Fiverr or from each other. There are some that really are useful 🙂

Yeah, there was a book I stopped reading because some of the suggestions were illegal.

I don’t know why people bother with multiple accounts. A gig with 10 reviews is more powerful than 10 gigs with 1 or no reviews. People don’t need to break the rules to make money on Fiverr, if anything, breaking the rules will most likely cost you money and eventually get you banned.

Iam new and i joined just now… i mean ryt now literally lol… i have no clue about this app. I want to know more . I am discovering new things in this app and trying to learn. If any could help me i would really greatful. I just want to know the basics from where i can pick myself up . Thank you

Iam new and i joined just now… i mean ryt now literally lol… i have no clue about this app. I want to know more . I am discovering new things in this app and trying to learn. If any could help me i would really greatful. I just want to know the basics from where i can pick myself up . Thank you

Fiverr isn’t an app. Fiverr is a website that launched an app sometime ago. Most gigs can’t be done from the app, you have to find an actual computer to complete them.

Read books about Fiverr, good luck.

If you’re like me, you have one gig that makes 50% of your earnings. Your #1 gig. That’s the gig I want you to focus on because it takes less time to change the prices there than in all your gigs.

1. If you have 3-6 orders in your queue, that’s the time to raise your prices. If you’re selling for $5, try $10, even $20. For packages I recommend multiples of $5 vs. huge jumps.

$5, $10, $15 is more attractive than $5, $50, $100.

1. Price low during your slow days, price high during busy days. If you know Friday’s are your worst day, that’s the day to lower your prices. The only exception is when your queue is busy. People are more likely to buy when they see a queue.

2. Experiment with your one-day delivery fee. If you charge $10 to do X, you might charge $10 to deliver in 24-hours. Why not charge $5? Or raise your gig price to $20 and charge $10?

3. If you’ve recently raised your prices and a buyer is messaging you. Send a custom offer for less than your gig prices and tell him how much money he’s saving. If he rejects your offer, just ignore him.

4. If you have zero reviews, your goal needs to be getting orders, not making a lot of money. Gigs priced at $100, $200, $300 look ridiculous when they have zero reviews.

5. Just because there are rich buyers on Fiverr doesn’t mean they’re going to pay high prices. Nobody gets rich by wasting money, and very few people are going to give $100 to an unproven seller.

6. Document everything on Excel.

Gross Sale, Fiverr’s Comission, Net Sale.

Daily income, monthly income, yearly income.

Tips, and refunds. IT should look something like this.

4539dbdd82f12e3e6e60b0cbb2ad5da8ea063eaf.png

Remember to make charts for Monthly earnings, and monthly cancellations.

Good luck.

very few people are going to give $100 to an unproven seller.

True. I remember onetime client bought a basic gig just to test if i knew what i am doing.

very few people are going to give $100 to an unproven seller.

True. I remember onetime client bought a basic gig just to test if i knew what i am doing.

It’s the best way. I had a client pay me $10 for a flyer, then $60 for a Facebook ad. I just hope he likes my work, he’s one of those clients that writes a lot but doesn’t explain himself very well.

Archived