UK PayPal Phishing Attack - Do not click!

armer

Hello,

A new PayPal sophisticated phishing attack is hitting most UK users.
The text these fraudsters are sending out (Using Whatsapp or Mobile Text).
According to the message, there’s a problem with your PayPal account (Locked) and you need to log in immediately to correct it. Click the “Bitly” link in the message, and you’ll be taken to a website where you can “fix” the problem.

It’s not the PayPal’s website, of course.

So again “Don’t Click that link”.

Glad I don’t have a smartphone hence no whatsapp thingy or whatever that is (I know, I’m a caveman), and my mobile phone is from 2000 or so 😃

But still, these phishing attempts are sent via email as well, and I can’t count how many I’ve received.

But here’s a tip: for those who use email apps/software that allow you to check the sender’s email address, always look at the sender address before reading an email that looks or claims to be an official notice/warning, and make sure it matches the service that it claims to be.

Glad I don’t have a smartphone hence no whatsapp thingy or whatever that is (I know, I’m a caveman), and my mobile phone is from 2000 or so 😃

But still, these phishing attempts are sent via email as well, and I can’t count how many I’ve received.

But here’s a tip: for those who use email apps/software that allow you to check the sender’s email address, always look at the sender address before reading an email that looks or claims to be an official notice/warning, and make sure it matches the service that it claims to be.

Here they send fake LinkedIn follow requests by text messages on phone…always be super alert when clicking on anything…

Archived