Are videos really necessary for gigs?

oda_dellagi

I don’t like the videos on my gig but I’ve gone down the route that fiverr tells me a video will help visibility, so I have made some and uploaded them. I don’t think it makes any difference to buyers, but the chance that it will boost me in the searches has been enough to ‘force’ me to do something.

Yes I feel you. Maybe we can make a pact that if nothing changes in a month we can say bye bye to our dreadful video making and finally be freeee 🐎

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being an SEO Expert, a video always boost your SERP in Fiverr since it best describes your gig and psychologically forces buyer to know more about your gig.Hope this helps.

Yes I am all about psychologically forcing people to do things! It is so lovely! ❤️

Personally I don’t think it will improve your gig, as you may visit TRS in different categories with 5K+, 10K+ sales and like 28, 104 orders in queue didn’t have any video on their gigs.

Your message was sufficiently confusing thanks so much! Also what does TRS mean? 😀

But what TRSes have which new sellers don’t have is repeat customers. The only way to get repeat clients is for them to buy from you in the first place, and having a video will help make that all important first sale.

Seems legit. Still wondering what TRSes mean 😁

I use a video for one of my gigs and I think it helped in the beginning to boost sales. Many of my orders today are either from repeat customers or referrals so I don’t think having a video is as important now but I think it made a difference when I was starting out. And I found it very painful to make one too! 🙂

Well, I wasn’t implying that.

You can totally publish photographs of yourself AND be uncomfortable with performing a (n even hopefully decent) script into a camera, no? This is certainly true for myself. My comment was meant as an encouragement to not give a crap. Especially because see comment by @uxreview

Thanks for clearing that up youre such a nice dude Mother Theresa 🌷

Yes, definitely it help you to boost your services by describing them through videos. It helps to boost your gig in searches. So I think we should go for this option. 🙂

Nothing is bad

Yeah I made two new gigs with videos, for everyones viewing pleasure LOL waiting for them to be approved. 🐖

What? I’m not pretending to be shy I know Im not a shy person 💥

Oh, my posts are not meant to be necessarily answered…

They are like Uncle Fiverr’s mysterious unconsciousness, struggling their way out from time to time, glowing up with unclear meaning for the unaware…

And like a McDouble Burger with extra bacon & fries… falling heavily on their stomachs, with the indisputable weight of reality.

_Note: TRS = Top Rated Selle_r

Are the youtube videos funny? Your new gig should sell a link to those youtube videos for $5.

Also from personal experience buying (just twice) I like to see a video that shows what the seller is capable of. On certain type of Gis it is irrelevant to have a video. So it is up to you to decide if a video will generate sales or not.

Good luck 🙂

Thank youu

I’ve always used a video with my gig, so I can’t give you any good numbers on my own personal experience using a gig without a video, but what I can tell you is that as a buyer - and I do buy things on Fiverr - I tend to NOT CLICK on gigs that don’t have a video. I mean, really - if a seller can’t be bothered to put enough effort into creating a mere 60 second video to tell me about the service, then why should I believe that the seller is going to put any real effort into my order?

Videos are important, and at least for me are the first yes-or-no decision I make about a buyer when browsing search results.

I am pretty new, and of course as a voice over artist I kind of need a video to showcase my work. My current video is just a silly still pic of me holding a mic while my voice plays in the background. I am working on a new video for my gig that actually shows me live.

I am in the same boat as you in that I am a little worried about putting myself on a video. I also really am nervous about friends seeing it. I don’t mind them hearing my recordings but something about filming myself makes me nervous.

Having said that, I am forcing myself to do it for one reason: It helps sell.

I sat back and thought about it, and I actually end up buying specialty items online more when there is a video explaining the product. I will pay more for a part on my vehicle to buy it from a company that has a video on their website explaining how the part works, or how to install it.

I understand that embarrassment, but I would tell you that you aren’t alone in that, and that it is worth pressing through it. You are here to sell and make money. Use everything at your disposal to meet that goal. My best to you as you move forward!!!

I too don’t think that a video can boost one’s sales as I have already observed almost 2 months on fiverr. From the beginning, I have made 3 videos for 3 gigs although I won’t claim those were good to see and in the video, I was feeling uneasy because I was for the first time to set myself before a camera. But those are not so bad I think.

It hasn’t boosted my sales! I don’t know how Fiverr say that a video enhances the chances of getting order. Or may be I am the person who is unable to drive buyers:😒
So, I think there is no much differences between uploading a video or not. Maybe it’s luck and patience which can only assist us getting order.

Thanks

They’re not necessary but they can help.

Maybe you can explain things on your video that you can’t explain on your gig description. Maybe you can use it to show portfolio samples or your workspace or how you work. Or your gig video can be a commercial for your gig.

I don’t do gig videos for all my gigs. If a gig is brand new, I won’t bother with the video.

P.S. You don’t have to be on camera, and you can hire someone else to read whatever copy you give them.

Archived