Why so serious (15 charz)

writer99025

People, enjoy freelancing, don’t make it a life or death situation. And if you have really serious problems, don’t dish them out on the forum. You have to take care of it yourself. You can only get some advice or guidance here, nothing more than that. You are responsible for your own success or failure. Nobody can help you, and truth be told, nobody really cares. All of us have our own problems. So no point in getting angry here over anything.

I think it’s good for some people to really take it seriously; those of us who freelance for an income do actually need it to make money from time to time, rather than just entertain us.
My only gripe is when people talk about being serious, the need for things to work out, the serious problems etc but yet don’t take it seriously enough to do something to make it work out. That’s a pain.

I think it’s good for some people to really take it seriously; those of us who freelance for an income do actually need it to make money from time to time, rather than just entertain us.

My only gripe is when people talk about being serious, the need for things to work out, the serious problems etc but yet don’t take it seriously enough to do something to make it work out. That’s a pain.

Of course you should take freelancing seriously, but not the forum…this was motivated by the thread that was just closed.

Of course you should take freelancing seriously, but not the forum…this was motivated by the thread that was just closed.

Fair enough, I do like to think that people can be helped quite a bit on the forum though - and I am sure there are some forum members who care about others.

But yes, we are all responsible for our own success or failure, for choosing how to proceed or simply give up (or moan about it).

Fair enough, I do like to think that people can be helped quite a bit on the forum though - and I am sure there are some forum members who care about others.

But yes, we are all responsible for our own success or failure, for choosing how to proceed or simply give up (or moan about it).

Yeah, there are some altruists here, yourself included…not me though…LOL…which is why I think I haven’t been made even a “Regular”…double LOL.

Yeah, there are some altruists here, yourself included…not me though…LOL…which is why I think I haven’t been made even a “Regular”…double LOL.

All credit goes to Oxytocin & Glutamate.

everything is chemistry bro. 😉

I agree up to a point, people take a lot of things too seriously. I do understand taking freelancing seriously as a career and it’s great, but any career can also crumble. It has happened to me several times and I had to pick up the pieces and move forward. Laughter always helped more than grumbling, but a good grumble is OK as long as it doesn’t go on too long.

I don’t think it’s true that no one cares. Many of us understand the “boat” that others are in and that helps us care. Most of us are social animals and we crave the oxytocin that @n4y33m mentioned. Social interaction helps us with that, even online. Perhaps some people are wired differently. I get tired of some of the issues that go on and on or some of the people who just beg to be spoon fed, but when I see someone making an effort, I care when I try to help. 🙂

Either way, seriousness is indeed overrated IMHO. That’s why my weird sense of humor pops out all too frequently.

I disagree.

Some people have to take freelancing seriously because it enables them to live a better life.

And as far as the forum is concerned, people come here to seek guidance from the ones who are moee experienced​ or maybe they have also been in the same situation so they know that what should be done. I do think that people are actually helpful here.

As you said that one has to solve their problems on their own, that’s true. But there’s nothing wrong in asking for the right way to do so.

Archived