How new is this? (Buyer requests more changes it'll cost more.)

thecreativeguys

poll  

168 members have voted

1. 1. poll

I feel like these things should be handled more individually, where at all possible - I don´t know how complicated or not it is to implement such things technically, but we can limit our orders in queue but can not limit the gig multiples buyers can order, and those seem to be about the same ‘techical difficulty level’ to me.

I wouldn´t need that field for my regular customers, just as I often wouldn´t need the gig requirement page sent to regular customers, or even to new ones after having discussed a job/received the files already per inbox - it only irritates them or even gets the order stuck because there sometimes is a language barrier and it isn´t self-evident that an order won´t fully start in spite of them having accepted my offer and have given me all files and information I need already. It´s not just a waste of time but also no good feeling to have to ‘educate them’ how to ‘really’ start their order and it sure is no good feeling for them either, and this process could be made faster and easier if, when you send someone a custom offer anyway, you could click on/off the gig requirements for that offer.

You all remember what happened when Fiverr started with that question about the industry. How often it was a topic on the forum, before Fiverr added the bit to make clear it´s Fiverr asking that question and not the seller?

If a buyer sees this new box/text as demeaning when working with regular sellers, and most of us wouldn´t need it when dealing with regular buyers anyhow, it makes no sense to have it there.

Or maybe, if it´s too complicated to make it a turn on/off option, let us choose the text ourselves, just like many of us would like to choose our ‘nudge-text’ ourselves?

I’m not sure either if such things, just like some things from the ToS shouldn´t be rather made kind of pop-ups that have to be clicked accepted during the registration process for new users/every time there are changes to ToS or major things for everyone once vs. for every single gig bought. Before a gig is even bought either way, too.

There are a few more things like this new box and the gig requirement page - I don´t understand any of that as a sellers vs. buyers thing but as making things go as smooth as possible, while keeping a balance of time-efficient/fiverr-corporate-identity-y/avoid misunderstandings as far as possible/make everyone feel good about it all/etc. - the ‘nudge message’, sellers not being able to limit the gig multiples buyers can order, buyers not being aware of what counts as a revision and when they are in their rights to ask for one and when it should be paid for.

I´m sure Fiverr tries to do their best to address problems they are aware of, anything else would make no sense either way, and there is some room for improvement. There has to be some balance between seller and buyer ‘friendliness’ of Fiverr, obviously, so everyone can enjoy being part of it.

It might really help to listen to small things, be it sellers asking for a different ‘nudge-message’ because we feel weird with it, be it buyers voicing their uneasiness with the wording of that new box text.

For people who want to be unreasonable, I think Woofy’s point makes more sense, with a revision process similar to the cancellation procedure, with different reasons to choose from and either agreeing mutually, or it could go to CS, if no agreement can be achieved.

just like many of us would like to choose our ‘nudge-text’ ourselves

I know, rather offtopic here, but still: a buyer once told me I sent him a nudge 😃 , and the ALLCAPS repeated “NUDGE” text always strikes me as yelling, and many who’ve been online for some time use all-caps to indicate that they’re yelling.

I’ve had my share of yelling buyers, and all of them used all-caps to do the yelling. Now imagine what some buyers might think when they see “NUDGE NUDGE” 😛

Anyways, I’m still waiting for that buyer who would say “why are you yelling at me?” haha - that’ll be some fun!

[/offtopic]

just like many of us would like to choose our ‘nudge-text’ ourselves

I know, rather offtopic here, but still: a buyer once told me I sent him a nudge 😃 , and the ALLCAPS repeated “NUDGE” text always strikes me as yelling, and many who’ve been online for some time use all-caps to indicate that they’re yelling.

I’ve had my share of yelling buyers, and all of them used all-caps to do the yelling. Now imagine what some buyers might think when they see “NUDGE NUDGE” 😛

Anyways, I’m still waiting for that buyer who would say “why are you yelling at me?” haha - that’ll be some fun!

[/offtopic]

I’ve used the nudge button maybe Twice since the day it was available. (Not sure when)

I completely agree with this feature.

It doesnt mean it WILL cost more. It MAY cost more.

In my case, I worked an image and delivered it perfectly, then the buyer said he sent me the wrong image and tried to send me another one to work.

A second time just an information buyer didn’t sent me previously, forced me to work the order all again.

It’s just to make sure buyers send all the information before starting an order.

A big win for us.

Buyers vs Sellers?

I agree this is a big win for sellers! What you said is exactly how I feel. 😦

Everyone here is forgetting something very important. All of you are thinking of this from your perspective.

@lisabaarns

@annai80

@woofy31

@thecreativeguys

All of you are good, honest sellers, so this is indeed win for you. Since you haven’t lost any clients over it it’s even a bigger win.

Let’s put this in a buyer’s perspective.

1. It’s demeaning that I have to mark this when working with regular seller, but I’ll do it, because I have to and because I trust you

2. If this is a win for you, then it’s a bigger win for all the cheating, scam artist sellers who will abuse this. We know that majority of unhappy people never complain on the forum, they just go away.

No matter how many reviews, or how well the gig is done or even how good the live portfolio is and there times the communication is excellent, I’ve gotton horrible deliveries.

I’ve had scam artist sending me custom offers as high as $25, then $10.

Unless you’re one of my regulars, I give plenty of instructions. When I fail to do so, it’s happened before on ebook cover. I admitted it. Seller opted not to charge me, so I gave her 200% tip to make up for it.

These bad, cheating, sellers will figure out ways to cheat me and send never ending custom offers to squeeze as much money as they can. It has happened before. That is why I’m infuriated.

I think @catwriter sees this with a buyer’s goggle on. This is highly open to abuse.

I’m glad no one has lost clients over this, but as stated above, this indeed has openly created a mistrust between buyers and sellers with the “us vs them.”

I feel like Lisa is the only one who said what everyone is feeling. A win for sellers, loss for buyers.

Edit: I just read several threads where sellers are complaining about abusive buyers taking advantage. Like I feared, this silly disclaimer had zero effect on deterring bad buyers. 😦

These bad, cheating, sellers will figure out ways to cheat me and send never ending custom offers to squeeze as much money as they can. It has happened before. That is why I’m infuriated.

It’s understandable that you feel bad because you’re one of the great buyers, who provides the details needed to do the job well.

You can’t believe how many people will not provide the needed info, then say something like “Well, I don’t like that, I want a refund.”

Or just as bad, say “Do that in 60 seconds” and then when you do it they say “Oh, that is too fast, I want you to do it over for free” even though you did exactly what they asked for.

Too many buyers don’t want to take any responsibility.

I do understand that some sellers could take advantage, but for us who work so hard to provide something excellent based on what we are asked, it’s frustrating to have the free do-over requests, based on their “just OK” instructions.

I also recognize there are a set of sellers who are NOT committed to serving their clients and building a great repeat business. I hope Fiverr continues to find ways to weed those people out too.

A big win for us.

Buyers vs Sellers?

I agree this is a big win for sellers! What you said is exactly how I feel. 😦

Everyone here is forgetting something very important. All of you are thinking of this from your perspective.

@lisabaarns

@annai80

@woofy31

@thecreativeguys

All of you are good, honest sellers, so this is indeed win for you. Since you haven’t lost any clients over it it’s even a bigger win.

Let’s put this in a buyer’s perspective.

1. It’s demeaning that I have to mark this when working with regular seller, but I’ll do it, because I have to and because I trust you

2. If this is a win for you, then it’s a bigger win for all the cheating, scam artist sellers who will abuse this. We know that majority of unhappy people never complain on the forum, they just go away.

No matter how many reviews, or how well the gig is done or even how good the live portfolio is and there times the communication is excellent, I’ve gotton horrible deliveries.

I’ve had scam artist sending me custom offers as high as $25, then $10.

Unless you’re one of my regulars, I give plenty of instructions. When I fail to do so, it’s happened before on ebook cover. I admitted it. Seller opted not to charge me, so I gave her 200% tip to make up for it.

I think @catwriter sees this with a buyer’s goggle on. This is highly open to abuse.

I’m glad no one has lost clients over this, but as stated above, this indeed has openly created a mistrust between buyers and sellers with the “us vs them.”

I feel like Lisa is the only one who said what everyone is feeling. A win for sellers, loss for buyers.

Edit: I just read several threads where sellers are complaining about abusive buyers taking advantage. Like I feared, this silly disclaimer had zero effect on deterring bad buyers. 😦

Well, if buyers send the complete information, they can use this feature to favor theirselves.

It’s not only good to sellers but buyers as well.

It’s just a formality needed to avoid both sides abuses.

It seems that this was removed. I got an order, and there was no note stating that the information was complete and so on.

I still have it and shows up in the instructions - maybe Fiverr decided to remove it for some specific categories?

Archived