Search Tags - Update

mjensen415

On 5/27/2017 at 11:10 AM, lineupads said:

The default filtering is based on how does the buyer approaches the listings though.

For example, if you use the search option, the default sorting is “Relevance”.

However, if you just browse a category, the default sorting method is “Avg. Customer Review”.

With that said, I’m still waiting for an update also. They made this exact change in January, since that pretty much all of my sales are coming from my own social media promotion, as my listings are completely lost in the dump. Starting to feel like a huge ripoff now. The more and better reviews I have, the worse placement I deserve. Totally worth the efforts.

I simply cannot understand what kind of placement are they testing now. And no, I’m not just blaming the system because of the drop in my sales, but because it makes zero sense. I mean, how could one of my competitor’s gig with around 180 5 star reviews and tens of orders in queue perform in the placement worse, than my gig that has two 4 star reviews and about 1 sale a year? Why is his gig 2 pages behind mine? He deserves to be on the first page, not on the last one.

It’s a huge pain on the buyers’ end also. I’m looking for a decent seller for a task I have on my list for so long now, but it’s impossible to find the sellers that are great. No matter how I search, all I see are listings with 0 to 3 reviews and nonsense pricing. Thanks Fiverr.

I’m going through pretty much the same thing most of the orders I got this month were either repeat client or from ads and marketing. On that note, my advert guy is going on a vacation next month so if you could share some tips for social media marketing?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this category: Astrology & Readings

If I just browse the category, the first thing I see is "RECOMMENDED"
and the top row has one gig with zero reviews and one with one review.

Why are those two gigs being the first ones that are recommended? And they don’t rotate, they sit there permanently.

In this category: Astrology & Readings

If I just browse the category, the first thing I see is "RECOMMENDED"

and the top row has one gig with zero reviews and one with one review.

Why are those two gigs being the first ones that are recommended? And they don’t rotate, they sit there permanently.

Don’t worry, they will be replaced by new ones soon. All day I try to say here why it happens.

They will be on top untill the system will lower their RATIO (it’s not Gigs reputation - it’s hidden tech parameter for inside usage by system)

It’s the rotation 🙂

Hi! One of my successful gigs are fall down on page 17 before it was on top of second page. I updated everything and tried many difference variations but it was not helpful. What i can do to return my gig to his place? I have a 5 rating and only good reviews. But sales become very low. What i can do for my gig?

Hi! One of my successful gigs are fall down on page 17 before it was on top of second page. I updated everything and tried many difference variations but it was not helpful. What i can do to return my gig to his place? I have a 5 rating and only good reviews. But sales become very low. What i can do for my gig?

Unfortunately, nothing. Most of us are facing the same issue.

I have 10k+ 5 stars ,any time first place in video category,and now first place is with 300.

@gogugmg This is amazing. You are an incredible seller.

I wonder why sellers like you are made invisible? Clearly you have many repeat buyers

so it makes no sense. I see you have 16 orders in your queue so you do not seem to be suffering.

Are the new search tags different from the old search tags? Or gig keywords, or whatever they were that we have used for years.

I have no intention of updating my gigs ever again, as there’s almost always major issues after doing so. So hopefully it’s not needed to update tags if they are already relevant 🙂

@gogugmg This is amazing. You are an incredible seller.

I wonder why sellers like you are made invisible? Clearly you have many repeat buyers

so it makes no sense. I see you have 16 orders in your queue so you do not seem to be suffering.

@misscrystal thank you,yes 50% repeat buyers.I think i need to update keywords for new search tags.

I want to know who buys my giggs through my unique search tags in my gigs

Hi

When you are using unique tags then there would be less gigs in competition with you, there are millions of the clients active on fiverr at time, and client search for your tage then there is more chance to get the orders, on the other hand if you use popular tags then there would be other sellers with similar tags with high ratings they would be there in search and your gig would be on 100th page just imagine, hope it make sense, thanks

Thanks. Just read the article. I am new in fiverr. For next-time gig creation, I must insist on search tag.

What i have understood is: Title should be generalized and broad. For specific skill we should mention it in ‘search tag’.

Don’t worry, they will be replaced by new ones soon. All day I try to say here why it happens.

They will be on top untill the system will lower their RATIO (it’s not Gigs reputation - it’s hidden tech parameter for inside usage by system)

It’s the rotation 🙂

Since its about rotation, so how long will it take to bring a competent seller with good rating and review to the right page. As for me the search tag will solve a few problem but create another problem. Very soon seller will keep complaining that they are finding it difficult to get there favorite seller since the new search tag has put the relevant seller at the back of the page.

Also my gig was not even on first page but I get sales when buyer use the search bar, but now my gig is no where to be found

Another thing is that the same set of people are what you will see on search page when you use search bar with a keyword and even when you use another related keyword unlike before when you use related keyword the system will bring new set of sellers.

So that means sellers will be most concern about search tag instead which will float both good and bad rating on first page while buyers will be most concern about reputable sellers

Fiverr need to help find solution to this

Maybe is better all sellers that has been affected to complain in fiverr support team so they will know, it looks like support team is not complete aware for all of us because I make a short discuss with them. Only if we complain all maybe they will take a look closer about our issue.

Maybe is better all sellers that has been affected to complain in fiverr support team so they will know, it looks like support team is not complete aware for all of us because I make a short discuss with them. Only if we complain all maybe they will take a look closer about our issue.

Every time so far that I have searched for the gig of someone who has complained their gigs have disappeared I find it usually on the first page when I search for it.

I don’t know why this is happening ---- so many people complaining falsely their gigs have disappeared.

Maybe is better all sellers that has been affected to complain in fiverr support team so they will know

I see your best gig on the 10th row of the first page when I search for:

design flyer or poster

Why are people complaining their gigs are gone when they are not?

Do you guys know how to search for your own gigs? I always find them on the first page.

Every time so far that I have searched for the gig of someone who has complained their gigs have disappeared I find it usually on the first page when I search for it.

I don’t know why this is happening ---- so many people complaining falsely their gigs have disappeared.

Maybe is better all sellers that has been affected to complain in fiverr support team so they will know

I see your best gig on the 10th row of the first page when I search for:

design flyer or poster

Why are people complaining their gigs are gone when they are not?

Do you guys know how to search for your own gigs? I always find them on the first page.

Hi,

I was on 1st page for flyers. After these updated of fiverr I am not in 1st and what is WORST is that some gigs are all damn copyrighted that they using some of my flyers from graphicriver and creativemarket and some others authors from those mention shops. So, I really hope fiverr team will take a look which sellers should stay in 1st page.

Hi,

I was on 1st page for flyers. After these updated of fiverr I am not in 1st and what is WORST is that some gigs are all damn copyrighted that they using some of my flyers from graphicriver and creativemarket and some others authors from those mention shops. So, I really hope fiverr team will take a look which sellers should stay in 1st page.

@fidan06

I was on 1st page for flyers. After these updated of fiverr I am not in 1st

Can you tell me why you believe your gig should be on the first page for the word

"flyers" ?

Do you use that word in your title or description?

Your gig is on the first page when I search for the words in the title of your best gig.

You don’t have the word flyers in your tags

**!

The problem is not fiverr, it is you, and by this I don’t mean just you but every single person whom I have checked for the placement of your gigs after you are complaining so continually on the forum about how your gigs have “disappeared”.

Come on guys try to be a little more professional and use the correct tags at least before coming to the forum posting multiple complaints and whines about something that is your own fault.

On 6/1/2017 at 10:40 AM, misscrystal said:

Can you tell me why you believe your gig should be on the first page for the word

"flyers" ?

Do you use that word in your title or description?

Your gig is on the first page when I search for the words in the title of your best gig.

You don’t have the word flyers in your tags

The problem is not fiverr, it is you, and by this I don’t mean just you but every single person whom I have checked for the placement of your gigs after you are complaining so continually on the forum about how your gigs have “disappeared”.

Come on guys try to be a little more professional and use the correct tags at least before coming to the forum posting multiple complaints and whines about something that is your own fault.

I appreciate all your reply, thank you so much.

When I search from fiverr app ‘Flyers’ or ‘Flyer Design’ none of my gig appear. When I go direct in Graphic Design - Flyers & Posters Category, it shows at the very end of the page, but sometimes don’t even show. And I understand that is not fiverr responsible to bring us buyers or jobs, and I know that our gigs should rotate by time-to-time but it’s been up to 10 days that nothing has changed.

p.s I have ‘Flyers’ tags in gig, what do you mean I don’t have the word flyers??

Each time fiverr make updates, my orders drop for short time period, but this time it’s been up to 10 days and I don’t like this feeling. Maybe is just the matter of time ☺️

On 6/1/2017 at 10:44 AM, fidan06 said:

When I search from fiverr app ‘Flyers’ or ‘Flyer Design’ none of my gig appear.

You did not even read my post that I just wrote! Please stop complaining and read what I wrote about your tags and title.

Am I not explaining it well enough? What is the problem?

On 6/1/2017 at 10:50 AM, misscrystal said:

You did not even read my post that I just wrote! Please stop complaining and read what I wrote about your tags and title.

Am I not explaining it well enough? What is the problem?

You have explained very well but I am telling to you that my tags are fine and is mention Flyer word and what I am trying to say that each time Fiverr makes updated my sales stop, but this time it’s been up to 10 days. Also, based on what I have read in Fiverr Academy I think duplicated words (tags) will be ignored so it doesn’t matter if we add ‘Flyers’ ‘Design Flyers’ ‘Flyer’ etc because they will ignore, or I am missing something ?

p.s Sorry if I am not a Professional in Tags, my profession is something else so I don’t mind to accept this fact. 🙂

You have explained very well but I am telling to you that my tags are fine and is mention Flyer word and what I am trying to say that each time Fiverr makes updated my sales stop, but this time it’s been up to 10 days. Also, based on what I have read in Fiverr Academy I think duplicated words (tags) will be ignored so it doesn’t matter if we add ‘Flyers’ ‘Design Flyers’ ‘Flyer’ etc because they will ignore, or I am missing something ?

p.s Sorry if I am not a Professional in Tags, my profession is something else so I don’t mind to accept this fact. 🙂

I found your gig in about 3 seconds when I searched for it using words in your title and it’s on the first page. Use the exact word in your title and tags you want people to find you under.

On 6/7/2017 at 2:26 PM, myexplainervid said:

Hi @misscrystal, Can you please help me understanding this:

At fiverr academy its written that duplicate search tags will be ignored. I provide explainer video service if I use search tags “explainer video” and “Animated video” would there be duplicate flag for word “video” ???

No those are two different tags.

Archived