What can't you do in gig requests

simplepc

So I sent a request out for a gig for only sellers from the US how is that against ToS? according to fiverr my request violated one of the following.

" Looking for a U.S. based ONLY seller to create a unique logo for me that would be used for my freelancing website. Looking for styles of Vintage, Retro minimalistic. DO NOT send a request if you DON’T meet the requirement "

• it was misleading/unclear
  • its contains contact informmation
  • it contains payment information
  • it contains a request for services that are not allowed on fiverr
  • i’ve submitted my request to multiple categories

yet I don’t see how me wanting to deal with someone from my own country because of better communication is against ToS

Guest offlinehelpers

Asking for a particular country is against the ToS, because it’s basically saying, all of you who aren’t in the US can’t apply for my job.

Fiverr is a global website, where the expected language used is English, so it would be discriminatory only to accept applications from the US.

I assume you can understand what I’ve typed as it’s in reasonable English, but I’m not from the US.

I’m sure your request will be accepted if you remove the country specific requirement.

I’ve worked with many from US that have horrible writing skills.

There are also sellers offering writing gigs from India, Nigeria, etc. with exceptional writing skills. There are two that I can think of who frequent this forum, from various countries, in the continent of Africa.

It’s an international platform. You don’t have to hire anyone you don’t want to and besides, regardless of what you request in the BR, 50-75% will be junk. “I do for you” is the comments you will get.

When I was hiring translator of various countries, I put down, “Native Speakers, Only.” 5r allowed that simply because, well it’s translation. What you want done, I’m sure 5r won’t allow such wording.

So I sent a request out for a gig for only sellers from the US how is that against ToS? according to fiverr my request violated one of the following.

" Looking for a U.S. based ONLY seller to create a unique logo for me that would be used for my freelancing website. Looking for styles of Vintage, Retro minimalistic. DO NOT send a request if you DON’T meet the requirement "

• it was misleading/unclear
  • its contains contact informmation
  • it contains payment information
  • it contains a request for services that are not allowed on fiverr
  • i’ve submitted my request to multiple categories

yet I don’t see how me wanting to deal with someone from my own country because of better communication is against ToS

freelancing website

Try after removing THAT ⬆️ bit.

Good Luck. 👍

freelancing website

Try after removing THAT ⬆️ bit.

Good Luck. 👍

" freelancing website " wasn’t the issue because this got approved

" Looking for a seller to create a unique logo for me that would be used for my freelancing website. Looking for styles of Vintage, Retro minimalistic. DO NOT send a request if you DON’T meet the requirement"

Archived