Fiverr intro videos are useless for most of the niches!

junaid_m

Well, I’m afraid I’ll have to contradict you there.

When I buy a service, I would rather see the person I’ll be working with present their service and convince me to make a purchase. This way I see the way they talk, how their English is (I’ve had several bad experiences with people who couldn’t compose a proper sentence in English, or who were using GoogleTranslate, which made things even worse), etc.

And I know that there are plenty buyers who would rather buy a service with a video of the seller instead of a flashy animation that may not even be theirs.

Also, a video allows you to present more of your portfolio, and can be combined with a presentation of you speaking before showing a portfolio sample, getting the best out of both worlds.

P.S. people will always be attracted by faces, by other people - it’s in our human nature.

When I buy a service, I would rather see the person I’ll be working with present their service and convince me to make a purchase. This way I see the way they talk, how their English is (I’ve had several bad experiences with people who couldn’t compose a proper sentence in English, or who were using GoogleTranslate, which made things even worse), etc.

And I know that there are plenty buyers who would rather buy a service with a video of the seller instead of a flashy animation that may not even be theirs.

Also, a video allows you to present more of your portfolio, and can be combined with a presentation of you speaking before showing a portfolio sample, getting the best out of both worlds.

P.S. people will always be attracted by faces, by other people - it’s in our human nature.

Although I don’t personally introduce my gig (which I should) I’ve noticed some fairly successful sellers (2) in my niche do so.

In conclusion, although I don’t introduce myself, I would really recommend doing so.

WHY?

I would rather see the person I’ll be working with present their service and convince me to make a purchase.

Yes, that’s a contradictory statement but I rather be honest with you than stick up for something I should really be doing.

I mentioned there are some niches that don’t need videos at all. Like I provide accounting and finance services. I don’t think there is any need to upload video.

Secondly most people use intro videos prepared by professionals. So you can’t guess their level of English by just watching video.

I mentioned there are some niches that don’t need videos at all. Like I provide accounting and finance services. I don’t think there is any need to upload video.

Secondly most people use intro videos prepared by professionals. So you can’t guess their level of English by just watching video.

I would definitely prefer to see a video of the person who would help me with accounting and finance services - those are very sensitive matters for me, and I’d rather see the person who I’d be putting my trust into.

However, you are correct: there are many who have hired others to do their videos, and it’s sort of sad since it can be misleading (but I bet the gig description would be written by them, which could then trigger an alarm). Imagine hiring a writer whose video is a person speaking perfect English, and then you see that the seller can’t even write in English without some automated translation software 😦

I would definitely prefer to see a video of the person who would help me with accounting and finance services - those are very sensitive matters for me, and I’d rather see the person who I’d be putting my trust into.

However, you are correct: there are many who have hired others to do their videos, and it’s sort of sad since it can be misleading (but I bet the gig description would be written by them, which could then trigger an alarm). Imagine hiring a writer whose video is a person speaking perfect English, and then you see that the seller can’t even write in English without some automated translation software 😦

That’s why I mentioned SOME NICHES 😊

Archived