Sellers with their Real Names or Business Names in Profile

voiceoverwork

I see Sellers (and have Buyers) on Fiverr with their real names or real business names in their profile. With this information, it is easy to Google them, and see their web sites, you tube channel, twitter, facebook and other online pages, that are outside of Fiverr. I know a lot Fiverr folks own and run legit businesses (DBAs, LLCs and INC). Having this readily searchable info in the profile opens the door and provides a way for folks to communicate and do business outside of Fiverr? What am I missing?

Guest marsch001

Are you wondering if it’s ok to do that, since Fiverr’s rules say you can’t link to outside of Fiverr (and a few very choice websites, I think) and you need to conduct your business on Fiverr and get paid through them etc etc? It seems a fine line, if you take that into account, but if no one has gotten their account suspended or something for doing it, I guess it’s ok? (Or Fiverr doesn’t know about it, or realise how many people are doing it and how that might affect their own revenue.)

Well there is always a chance of that happening, it can even occur within the inbox’s of those communicating in private. The thing is… the idea of using Fiverr in my estimation is to hopefully save money on a shoe string budget for various services and if one wants to go beyond that, that is their mutual agreement in the business world beyond this market place. Many of things that are done however, have a need of being anonymous and the point of course, is to never reach that point where you can find/know one’s true identity. You can just imagine what would occur if say, someone helped whomever make a great marketing stratagem of which the end result was a huge monetary success… only to have that service provider show up in their twitter/Facebook/website, claiming they are the real reason why said product is selling so well. I wouldn’t advise it unless the two are prepared to up their game in terms of credit/profit otherwise, they are inviting trouble, especially by individuals they may not know so well.

Most buyers who want to contact sellers off of fiverr maybe up to no good. Why would you opt out of paying for $5 services when you can order it here, and still order beyond $5 if you needed to. Most people who are contacted off Fiverr, are usually hacked. Posting names are not the only way a person can be identified though.

I signed up with most accounts I use using my real name it is much more professional - so far it has not lead to people intentionally searching me out via google and trying to contact me. I have also communicated with Fiverr Customer Service a lot and I’m sure they would have told me by now if they didn’t like my user name. There is no rule against using your name as your user name as far as I know.

Besides - if your “fake” Fiverr name is the same name you use on your other accounts like Twitter, other freelance sites etc then the same type of google search will find you on these sites and it is not different than using your actual name…

Guest tn5rr2012

My screen name here on FIVERR I specifically credited for Fiverr so if you search it out you will find comments, forums, videos, blog posts etc… but it all links back to Fiverr. I do respond to messages with my real name but other than that everything I do is tn5rr2012

@marsch001 Yes, I was wondering if it’s okay. (not that I want to do that).

@mirenbaines For the ones that do, I would be concerned if one of their “regular” customers from the outside paid a higher price and then found them on fiverr. It could possibly create a business problem.

@deannbalestra I would think using your own name is fine, as long as you don’t run a bona fide business entity under your own name, outside of fiverr.

@tn5rr2012 That makes perfect sense.

If someone’s username is also the name of their business, how is it their fault if someone else chooses to Google them? They have no control over that. As long as they conduct their business only on Fiverr, there are no repercussions.

• 6 years later...

OK. I’m new here. Here’s my situation (which is that of many more, I’d guess). I want and need keep my day-job. Let’s say I work in the financial sector’s organization but want to have a side hustle. Lets say it is a consultancy of some sort, writing content, designing whatever, something that’s not illegal, nor is it against my employer’s policy. Still, for market reasons, for personal reasons, for self image reason, I might want to keep this side activity out of my clients’, colleagues’, boss’s knowledge. Does Fiverr allow me to i) using a name that’s not mine in the personal info I provide and ii) using a photo that is not one of my real recognizable face? That of course doesn’t mean can’t reveal my real identity once business is flowing or even if someone asks. What I would like is, say a Google search, led to my Fiverr profile, or someone I know actually scrolling down Fiverr comes across my profile. Can I get around this in Fiverr?

OK. I’m new here. Here’s my situation (which is that of many more, I’d guess). I want and need keep my day-job. Let’s say I work in the financial sector’s organization but want to have a side hustle. Lets say it is a consultancy of some sort, writing content, designing whatever, something that’s not illegal, nor is it against my employer’s policy. Still, for market reasons, for personal reasons, for self image reason, I might want to keep this side activity out of my clients’, colleagues’, boss’s knowledge. Does Fiverr allow me to i) using a name that’s not mine in the personal info I provide and ii) using a photo that is not one of my real recognizable face? That of course doesn’t mean can’t reveal my real identity once business is flowing or even if someone asks. What I would like is, say a Google search, led to my Fiverr profile, or someone I know actually scrolling down Fiverr comes across my profile. Can I get around this in Fiverr?

You may have an anonymous Fiverr profile, but not a misleading one, you can use a drawing, or a logo or a photo of your cat, whatever you have the rights to use, but not a photo of someone who isn’t you, you can use a username that isn’t your real name but you should also not use someone else’s name, obviously.

Best to check out Fiverr’s ToS in full if you haven’t done already, the part that is relevant to your question:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

Archived