Gig Extras and Multiple Gigs

virtual_scribe

Hi everyone,

I’m brand new to Fiverr and have a question about Gig extras. If I include one and a buyer orders multiple Gigs, does the extra also multiply, or is that fixed? For instance, if I add an extra costing $5 and the buyer orders a quantity of 3, does the buyer then get charged the price of the multiples plus $15 for the extra, or the price of the multiples plus $5? I would very much appreciate any assistance.

Hi everyone,

I’m brand new to Fiverr and have a question about Gig extras. If I include one and a buyer orders multiple Gigs, does the extra also multiply, or is that fixed? For instance, if I add an extra costing $5 and the buyer orders a quantity of 3, does the buyer then get charged the price of the multiples plus $15 for the extra, or the price of the multiples plus $5? I would very much appreciate any assistance.

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

This is indeed a problematic issue… Simple answer: you will receive 3x gigs with only 1x Extra (meaning that the buyer gets charged for 3x gig + 1x extra), because the buyer also has an option to increase the multiples of each individual Extra.

However, the problem is that most will not increase the Extra multiples because they’ll think it’s the same as the gig multiples. I faced this problem with several buyers who thought that ordering 3x gigs automatically implies the 3x Extra, even though they’ve let it at the default 1x.

I can’t count how many buyers I’ve had telling me “But I’ve ordered your gig thrice for 3 sites, why did I get the Extra for only one of the sites?”, and when I try to explain everything start falling apart.

Maybe it’s a bad design, maybe it’s ignorance, but I hate it when such things happen since it brings confusion to a buyer and can reflect badly on the seller’s image 😦

This is indeed a problematic issue… Simple answer: you will receive 3x gigs with only 1x Extra (meaning that the buyer gets charged for 3x gig + 1x extra), because the buyer also has an option to increase the multiples of each individual Extra.

However, the problem is that most will not increase the Extra multiples because they’ll think it’s the same as the gig multiples. I faced this problem with several buyers who thought that ordering 3x gigs automatically implies the 3x Extra, even though they’ve let it at the default 1x.

I can’t count how many buyers I’ve had telling me “But I’ve ordered your gig thrice for 3 sites, why did I get the Extra for only one of the sites?”, and when I try to explain everything start falling apart.

Maybe it’s a bad design, maybe it’s ignorance, but I hate it when such things happen since it brings confusion to a buyer and can reflect badly on the seller’s image 😦

Thank you, Woofy31, for your reply. This does seem problematic in light

of the assumption that a buyer makes regarding extras. In that case, it

simply behooves a seller to add an extra that a buyer doesn’t need to

order in multiples, to explain how to order extras properly in the Gig

description, or not to use extras at all. Thank you also for advising me

of your experience as to how a buyer understands extras, most useful

information.

Archived