Buyer ordered and immediately cancelled the gig

balubfa12

Today i got an order from a buyer and with out any reason ha has cancelled the order which affects my order cancellation rating. I tried to see the buyer profile but fiverr showing that the buyer account is no more.

Is he a genuine buyer or a spam buyer? any how i lost the order which will increase my cancellation ratio.

You’ll probably never know if they were a genuine or spam buyer. It happened to me a couple of times as well, they ordered and immediately made a Paypal chargeback, which cancelled the order and immediately disabled their account. You have nothing to do about this, and it’s one of those sad & unfair situations where the seller can take a hit for nothing 😦

Hello,

Yes I know and its very bad stuff. Buyer can see full profile of you but you can not see it.

Its chance that buyer can cancel order and our cancellation ration will be increased and we can not do anything on it.

Just try to see about buyer country and his spending time on Fiverr so we just assume about him/her.

Thanks

I have passed through the very same situation recently. I contacted the CS about the issues and they answered me like this

"Thank you for contacting us regarding this. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you. I reviewed the order, and I see that there was a chargeback filed for the payment of this order outside of Fiverr. The funds are now being held by the payment vendor, and are not in our hands.

Please note that whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example - stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.

Keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and that we want every Gig order to be successful. If a buyer abused his payment privileges, it is something literally beyond our control, but our Trust & Safety Team is already reviewing this buyer’s actions.

Buyers who do file disputes on their payments made to Fiverr, whether intentional or purposely held by payment vendor for security screening, must resolve those disputes in order to participate again in the Fiverr community, as they are in clear violation of our Terms of Service."

This EXACT same thing happened to me and dropped my rating too! I woke up to a new order and cancelled order notification! 😦 it’s so frustrating! Especially if they didn’t mean to order or something WE shouldn’t be affected right?

@balubfa12 - In March I had a couple of orders like that, it happens from time to time.

For those of you who don’t know you can check the previous experiences of everyone on this by searching on google for the person that you are interested in. You do that by copying the text bellow and put the username of the person that you want to check instead of “username”

site:fiverr.com username review

Archived