German, Japanese, Chinese, French, Moroccan, Italian, Canadian but no English or Irish Cuisine

gina_riley2

“polenta bear”

Polenta is Italian 😡

Ps: same joke as Turkish vs. Greek

I never said polenta was Romanian, I knew it was Italian.

But the “Polenta Bear” is a Romanian dish. I don’t think you have a Polenta bear haha 😛

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said polenta was Romanian, I knew it was Italian.

But the “Polenta Bear” is a Romanian dish. I don’t think you have a Polenta bear haha 😛

We’ve eaten all the bears during the Roman Empire already :rolling_eyes:

I noticed something. Most of your food has round shape.

Interesting observation - I’ve never realized that. Yeah, it looks round and long… maybe because round shapes are known to be more attractive than rectangular or triangular ones, which is why all innocent cartoons are round. Wait, I’m slipping onto another topic now.

Interesting observation - I’ve never realized that. Yeah, it looks round and long… maybe because round shapes are known to be more attractive than rectangular or triangular ones, which is why all innocent cartoons are round. Wait, I’m slipping onto another topic now.

These look awful to me eeewwww…😖

My 8 years old cousin is next to me (he came from England),and he has the same feelings as I.

The long ones on the left look tasty.

My mum is coming to visit us for a week today. She’ll bring these:

380100154_NC3BCrnberger_WC3BCrstchen_281057933704629.thumb.jpg.8c11e0b31aeed6280d0d61254dd97c44.jpg

Hmm, Nürnberger, those with mashed potatoes…
The only time I ate Grünkohl mit Pinkel in a restaurant was in Belgium by the way lol.

I love this here, Halligbrot, a slice or two of dark bread, or even ‘black’ bread, Schwarzbrot, with prawns and fried egg.

2e6bdbfd446717fe917d96b7da1d660bf631c5fc.jpg

When in the UK, well, I am a fan of fish&chips with vinegar, and I love a lot of the stuff that has mint sauce. I like Irish Stew too, but only had that in German Irish Pubs up to now lol.

Oh and I love scones.But only the ones without raisins, I hate them with raisins.

image.jpg.116c729c43ab6b5d3685f050076fc60d.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.808db9e67457952e6adcf89b2481a454.jpg

The only time I ate Grünkohl mit Pinkel in a restaurant was in Belgium by the way lol.

I love this here, Halligbrot, a slice or two of dark bread, or even ‘black’ bread, Schwarzbrot, with prawns and fried egg.

When in the UK, well, I am a fan of fish&chips with vinegar, and I love a lot of the stuff that has mint sauce. I like Irish Stew too, but only had that in German Irish Pubs up to now lol.

Oh and I love scones.But only the ones without raisins, I hate them with raisins.

Oh my gosh! Those remind me of our Romanian traditional “papanași”, which are fried pastry filled with soft cheese, covered with sour cream & sour jam (just found out: the word “papanași” comes from the Latin pappa, which means “food for children”). Look at this beauty:

reteta-de-papanasi-08.thumb.jpg.7fd826562fa799773df59d4ed9c8f7fb.jpg

Prawns, huh?

Why, in our culture, do we eat this:

9paJuMuA.thumb.jpeg.9a035badece27158e1cf2949a24eeccf.jpeg

but not this:

Edible-Grasshoppers-Caelifera-.jpg.1f8bde15247821dd3df0dba763e24cad.jpg

?

I’ll never know. And yes, I don’t eat meat that didn’t come off bones (apart from crab in a Sushi roll but I’m not crazy for it)

Prawns, huh?

Why, in our culture, do we eat this:

but not this:

?

I’ll never know. And yes, I don’t eat meat that didn’t come off bones (apart from crab in a Sushi roll but I’m not crazy for it)

As much as I hate insects due to my phobia, that grasshopper looks much more beautiful, colorful and tastier than that scary prawn creature 😃

Yeah well, that´s why most of us buy the scary creatures peeled and ready to cook.
And I think we don´t eat grasshoppers in our culture because… we find them too pretty to eat them. 👀

So, and now I have to go and get some food, great…I´ll grab the closest possible snack, which, obviously, in Germany, is Turkish food. Gonna get one of those, Börek, with spinach, and then returning to working without looking at this evil thread anymore for today 🙈 .

image.jpg.7537bb1ab0e86a9d1e4e26d625fbf766.jpg

Yeah well, that´s why most of us buy the scary creatures peeled and ready to cook.

And I think we don´t eat grasshoppers in our culture because… we find them too pretty to eat them. 👀

So, and now I have to go and get some food, great…I´ll grab the closest possible snack, which, obviously, in Germany, is Turkish food. Gonna get one of those, Börek, with spinach, and then returning to working without looking at this evil thread anymore for today 🙈 .

19fabba2c04adfd1979c6c126bfaaf5964e1c48c.jpg

I love Borek with spinach (although here we call them “snail”), but also the ones I find here with vanilla (yum!!) or cheese!

And how come the closest possible snack in Germany is Turkish food? :thinking: I mean, I know why it’s here in Romania, it’s the closest, but all the way in Germany, too?

I love Borek with spinach (although here we call them “snail”), but also the ones I find here with vanilla (yum!!) or cheese!

And how come the closest possible snack in Germany is Turkish food? :thinking: I mean, I know why it’s here in Romania, it’s the closest, but all the way in Germany, too?

@woofy31

The Turkish people form the largest ethnic minority in Germany.[22] Moreover, they form the second largest Turkish population in the world, after Turkey.

Guys please share ice cream pics of your country.

OK, not really country specific, but here’s some fried ice cream for you since you asked - I love fried ice cream, it’s like rainbow on your taste buds!

INGHETATA-PRAJITA.thumb.jpg.ad5a32bc4fe0749dee2effef2e23bab1.jpg

And the amazing Pizookie (pizza cookie) 😋

Copycat-BJs-Pizookie-9.jpg.d739101e54c9c3c43dd4e69824eb7601.jpg

Archived