Let's compare our basic needs in $

creativearies

Guest offlinehelpers

May be…surprised to see a lot of comments.

The thing is when you make posts like yours about the cost of living etc., it can become quite emotive, because it’s impossible to draw comparisons between any two places anywhere in the world because there are so many variables. One gig will barely buy me a coffee - do you see the difference?

Your monetary needs should not reflect what you charge for your gig - that’s what cyrarex was saying. Charge what it’s worth to the buyer - if you’re offering value, they’ll be delighted.

BTW - your article about Pakistan’s giving - Pakistan was number 92 out of 99 - perhaps you misread it?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this topic has derailed a whole lot, let me just say this:

@writer99025 and @wuerz123: Help is subjective. Traveling the world to poorer countries is helpful, but that does not make those who don’t travel unhelpful. There are over a million ways to help persons that does not necessarily involve world tours. If and when I leave my country for a world tour, it will be to enjoy the goodness of other better countries, or at least, the best part of similarly poor countries. No matter how hard you try, you cannot understand the life of the “poor” as much as they do, just as the poor can’t ever fully understand those of the “rich.”

For most of us in “third world countries,” survival is the target. This simple target limits our help to only family and friends whom we can afford to help. True, we might find ways to help others, but that is usually in immaterial or low-cost things. Unfortunately, the kind of help that makes you proud can only be rendered by those of good means.

Point: Help as much you can, but don’t rub it in our faces because you “believe” we are not doing as much as you’ve done.

At fiverr…everyone is doing jobs…where the word “help” stands?

The thing is when you make posts like yours about the cost of living etc., it can become quite emotive, because it’s impossible to draw comparisons between any two places anywhere in the world because there are so many variables. One gig will barely buy me a coffee - do you see the difference?

Your monetary needs should not reflect what you charge for your gig - that’s what cyrarex was saying. Charge what it’s worth to the buyer - if you’re offering value, they’ll be delighted.

BTW - your article about Pakistan’s giving - Pakistan was number 92 out of 99 - perhaps you misread it?

I asked this question as a survey…not for competition…may be I belong to a richest family…but I am not here to discuss my personal life. I used the word “average cost” not asked “your cost”.

Sorry for miscommunication.

Economy of Pakistan is totally unpredictable every year…but we are the charity giving people…wether are the 92nd or 99th country in this list.

I’ve been to Bangladesh

Umm, what did you do here exactly? (Just curious)

I will answer shortly because I feel that unluckily this thread went into the completely wrong direction and I don’t want people to say that I show off or try to put them low or something, for me this thread is closed:

When working in Italy, we had a branch of the company in Reunion Island, for the Indian/African market. As I spoke fluent English the responsible of that branch asked if I could come to close a business with a people from Dhaka who apparently had contact with the government. I’ve been a total of 4 times there, translating and assisting in all business meetings. I’ve been driven around by people from there in Dhaka and they showed me also other non-turistic places.

The deal with them didn’t go well for the most part of it, but we did sell our products in a small quantity.

That was between 2006/2007

I will answer shortly because I feel that unluckily this thread went into the completely wrong direction and I don’t want people to say that I show off or try to put them low or something, for me this thread is closed:

When working in Italy, we had a branch of the company in Reunion Island, for the Indian/African market. As I spoke fluent English the responsible of that branch asked if I could come to close a business with a people from Dhaka who apparently had contact with the government. I’ve been a total of 4 times there, translating and assisting in all business meetings. I’ve been driven around by people from there in Dhaka and they showed me also other non-turistic places.

The deal with them didn’t go well for the most part of it, but we did sell our products in a small quantity.

That was between 2006/2007

Oh coolbeans.

Guest offlinehelpers

I asked this question as a survey…not for competition…may be I belong to a richest family…but I am not here to discuss my personal life. I used the word “average cost” not asked “your cost”.

Sorry for miscommunication.

Economy of Pakistan is totally unpredictable every year…but we are the charity giving people…wether are the 92nd or 99th country in this list.

That’s why I gave you the link to the previous discussion, where people had contributed to exactly the same sort of thing.

That’s why I gave you the link to the previous discussion, where people had contributed to exactly the same sort of thing.

I said thank for sharing that post…then I went for shopping…and surprised to see the reaction of participants after signing-in again.

What I hate about these threads is the fact that it is suggested that a person’s basic cost of living should dictate how they price their services. This is garbage. My beer in the evening, my not living in a shanty town, and (my one day) going on holiday to somewhere nice would be impossible if I worked just to eat and pay the rent.

I am not a charity and I do not expect a buyer in Pakistan to offer me reduced prices because they can afford to eat for less. If this was the way the world worked, your iPhone would cost $100 max and we’d all be saying three hail Mary’s to Mao Tse-tung every morning.

Pakistan is not as poor as you have imagined…poverty is not a serious issue…Richest people are still making money all over the world.

Too many posts to read on a 5 minute break. Have we defined what basic needs are, food, water and somewhere to sleep where the temperature is preferably (but not necessarily) above freezing?

I created this thread for educational purpose (economics)…nothing else.

Actually, yours is a very good information, if in Pakistan “2$ are enough for average meal”, now I know how much lower I can push prices on your fellow countrymen when I order from them 😜

You will Push or sell your services to my countrymen or buy their services?

As a seller…buyers are pushing prices to you…everyone can see your profile.

Feel sympathy for you…all are sellers like you…why should only Pakistanis, Indian or Bangali jump?

I’m Pakistani and my average meal price is $6. How could you say in Pakistan average meal price is $2. Are you calling chatt,gol gappas or naan channy as your average meal? Its so strange to me honestly.

Also my study expenses for 1 semester is about $1000.I don’t think only fee does matter for study.

You should look around for average expenses and then start thread.

I’m Pakistani and my average meal price is $6. How could you say in Pakistan average meal price is $2. Are you calling chatt,gol gappas or naan channy as your average meal? Its so strange to me honestly.

Also my study expenses for 1 semester is about $1000.I don’t think only fee does matter for study.

You should too look around…ok!!

favicon.iconumbeo.com

Cost of Living in Pakistan

Average prices of more than 40 products and services in Pakistan. Prices of restaurants, food, transportation, utilities and housing are included.

I am not mentioning the prices of restaurants…you belong to an underdeveloped country…don’t need to show off…understand the meaning of “average”.

Secondly, studying in public and private institutions makes a difference…

Read carefully…i stated monthly fee of students…and you are stating Semester Fee…Kindly, be realistic.

AJK university is a public institution 🙂

Italy or Pakistan?

If you were living in Pakistan…then why are you using present tense “my average meal price is $6”, and “my study expenses for 1 semester is about $1000”??

Languages: English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi…where is Italian please?

I believe nobody here has set their prices according to their basic needs, it’s more according the time they invest on a project and the living standard they want to maintain or improve.

Nobody works here just for the basic needs.

I believe nobody here has set their prices according to their basic needs, it’s more according the time they invest on a project and the living standard they want to maintain or improve.

Nobody works here just for the basic needs.

May be you are right that “Nobody works here just for the basic needs”.

Italy or Pakistan?

If you were living in Pakistan…then why are you using present tense “my average meal price is $6”, and “my study expenses for 1 semester is about $1000”??

She created a thread stating that her location was pop up as Italy when she is in Pakistan for sure.

She created a thread stating that her location was pop up as Italy when she is in Pakistan for sure.

Sorry, I did not see her previous threads.

Actually, some of our countrymen create problems for others through false statements. The results are depressing for everyone.

Italy or Pakistan?

Do you have any concept about affiliated colleges?? Who told you public institutes do not charge fee. I’m paying my fee in every semester, purchasing my books , bearing my transport expanses too. Do you think i can do all in just $500?? I’m in college (an affiliated college). As far as Italy is consulted I’ve talk to CS about this fake location issue. You don’t have to worry about this I guess

Do you have any concept about affiliated colleges?? Who told you public institutes do not charge fee. I’m paying my fee in every semester, purchasing my books , bearing my transport expanses too. Do you think i can do all in just $500?? I’m in college (an affiliated college). As far as Italy is consulted I’ve talk to CS about this fake location issue. You don’t have to worry about this I guess

Great!

Sorry, if I picked you wrong.

But there is no need to use “me, my, I”…because the thread was created for average cost. not only yours or mine.

Best of luck.

@writer99025

I’ve tried with sarcasm, but I bet she didn’t get it.

I believe other sellers from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, etc… will not be happy and jumping on one leg if they see this thread…

yeah actually true that besides what she has said is not entirely true I wonder where she lives… plus you have other needs as well not just food

I don’t know why you would go to this length ( contacting cs)… Everyone has a right to opinion let her if she feels that way

I love such threads and I’ll tell price of 10 things. Also I’m from India.

1. Wanna go eat outside at a good place? You can eat at a very good place in 5$.
  2. I just completed last exam of my engineering. My fees were 415$ per semester. But it’s a shame I didn’t learn much.
  3. Wanna purchase a good motorbike? It’ll cost you 1000$.
  4. It’ll cost you 15000$ for a beautiful family car.
  5. It’ll cost you 50000$ for a beautiful 3 bedroom flat with kitchen at my place.
  6. A good average smartphone will cost 200$.
  7. A good, average and decent laptop will cost 700$.
  8. Good internet connection will cost around 10 to 15$ a month.
  9. Monthly electricity bill will cost around 25$ for a normal middle class family.
  10. My monthly bus pass costs around 6.5$.

So who is moving to India?

I love such threads and I’ll tell price of 10 things. Also I’m from India.

1. Wanna go eat outside at a good place? You can eat at a very good place in 5$.
  2. I just completed last exam of my engineering. My fees were 415$ per semester. But it’s a shame I didn’t learn much.
  3. Wanna purchase a good motorbike? It’ll cost you 1000$.
  4. It’ll cost you 15000$ for a beautiful family car.
  5. It’ll cost you 50000$ for a beautiful 3 bedroom flat with kitchen at my place.
  6. A good average smartphone will cost 200$.
  7. A good, average and decent laptop will cost 700$.
  8. Good internet connection will cost around 10 to 15$ a month.
  9. Monthly electricity bill will cost around 25$ for a normal middle class family.
  10. My monthly bus pass costs around 6.5$.

So who is moving to India?

Thanks God, someone picked what was I actually asking!!

If everyone states the costs of a few things…then it will prove that how much everyone is paying for living…belonging to a Poor or Rich county is not important, only our expenditures are important individually.

Archived