Let's compare our basic needs in $

creativearies

You know what the best thing is?

To open your eyes and go to see the world with your own eyes. Not through the TV.

I have my best memories from those times, and I was starting with 17!!!

Who can tell me something 😁 ?

I’ve been to Latin America from Costa Rica to Patagonia with my backpack, I’ve worked in banana fields!! 😀

Thailand, Indonesia…

For Wolverine’s sake I’ve been 1 year to Australia, 2 weeks with the aborigenes, working on orange fields…

Best times ever…

I’ve been to Latin America from Costa Rica to Patagonia with my backpack, I’ve worked in banana fields!! 😀

Thailand, Indonesia…

For Wolverine’s sake I’ve been 1 year to Australia, 2 weeks with the aborigenes, working on orange fields…

Wow! You’ve done amazing things. 😀😀😀:heart::heart::heart:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To open your eyes and go to see the world with your own eyes. Not through the TV.

Thailand, Indonesia…

Best times ever…

Great, but I have lived my entire life in India, considered to be one of the poorest countries in the world. I don’t have to go elsewhere to see poverty. Going on a tour of the world to work with the poor is a privilege of those in the West. When we Indians go to other countries, we do so to get better jobs and make more money and escape our poverty.

Thailand, Indonesia…

The best money someone can spend… is the money you spend traveling by your own

Not with Travel Agencies and that stuff… by your own, meet the normal people, learn from them…

I still do it in my work, not as before but I’m on the move between Italy and Germany…

I’ve learned English in Australia, I couldn’t speak a word but I went anway…

Spanish in Latin America, and because my mom is from there…

For what we live if is not to know WHERE you live?

Great, but I have lived my entire life in India, considered to be one of the poorest countries in the world. I don’t have to go elsewhere to see poverty. Going on a tour of the world to work with the poor is a privilege of those in the West. When we Indians go to other countries, we do so to get better jobs and make more money and escape our poverty.

You know what?

When I was younger I thought my work could change the world… that I can go to those countries and my help will really worth something…

I did it by heart, and reality slapped me in the face…

Who better to help those people than those people, themselves…

But I don’t regret anything of what I did, not for one second… because I did what I believed in, even when I was too naive.

The important thing is not

I don’t have to go elsewhere to see poverty

Is what you do every day to help, not big actions but your small grain of sand…

You will not change the world, but you will feel better about it.

You know what?

When I was younger I thought my work could change the world… that I can go to those countries and my help will really worth something…

I did it by heart, and reality slapped me in the face…

But I don’t regret anything of what I did, not for one second… because I did what I believed in, even when I was too naive.

The important thing is not

I don’t have to go elsewhere to see poverty

Is what you do every day to help, not big actions but your small grain of sand…

You will not change the world, but you will feel better about it.

Finally - you got that right. I help the poor of my country by paying my taxes and helping make Modi the PM of India. That’s it. I realized at a very young age, at 21, when I was alone and my father died and there was a risk that I could lose my inheritence and become poor myself, nobody felt sorry for me, not even the poor that my father had helped…they were filled with glee and anticipation. I realized very early on that I am on my own in this world, and if I fall, nobody will come to help. So you cannot make me feel guilty about not doing enough for others. We are all fighters in this world, fighting for survival.

Finally - you got that right. I help the poor of my country by paying my taxes and helping make Modi the PM of India. That’s it. I realized at a very young age, at 21, when I was alone and my father died and there was a risk that I could lose my inheritence and become poor myself, nobody felt sorry for me, not even the poor that my father had helped…they were filled with glee and anticipation. I realized very early on that I am on my own in this world, and if I fall, nobody will come to help. So you cannot make me feel guilty about not doing enough for others. We are all fighters in this world, fighting for survival.

We are all fighters in this world, fighting for survival.

Far away from me to make someone feel guilty, but at least to think about themselves, maybe? 😉

I’ve also learned that people should help themselves instead of waiting for help. They don’t know that everybody has the power to do so.

At the end I gave up, and now I walk whole nights in the forests of Austria and Germany to save bats…

Who would think about that!

But they are the only ones with no voice: animals

And so my naivety goes on, always having in the back of my head that my work could change something…

Since this topic has derailed a whole lot, let me just say this:

@writer99025 and @wuerz123: Help is subjective. Traveling the world to poorer countries is helpful, but that does not make those who don’t travel unhelpful. There are over a million ways to help persons that does not necessarily involve world tours. If and when I leave my country for a world tour, it will be to enjoy the goodness of other better countries, or at least, the best part of similarly poor countries. No matter how hard you try, you cannot understand the life of the “poor” as much as they do, just as the poor can’t ever fully understand those of the “rich.”

For most of us in “third world countries,” survival is the target. This simple target limits our help to only family and friends whom we can afford to help. True, we might find ways to help others, but that is usually in immaterial or low-cost things. Unfortunately, the kind of help that makes you proud can only be rendered by those of good means.

Point: Help as much you can, but don’t rub it in our faces because you “believe” we are not doing as much as you’ve done.

Guest offlinehelpers

Since this topic has derailed a whole lot, let me just say this:

@writer99025 and @wuerz123: Help is subjective. Traveling the world to poorer countries is helpful, but that does not make those who don’t travel unhelpful. There are over a million ways to help persons that does not necessarily involve world tours. If and when I leave my country for a world tour, it will be to enjoy the goodness of other better countries, or at least, the best part of similarly poor countries. No matter how hard you try, you cannot understand the life of the “poor” as much as they do, just as the poor can’t ever fully understand those of the “rich.”

For most of us in “third world countries,” survival is the target. This simple target limits our help to only family and friends whom we can afford to help. True, we might find ways to help others, but that is usually in immaterial or low-cost things. Unfortunately, the kind of help that makes you proud can only be rendered by those of good means.

Point: Help as much you can, but don’t rub it in our faces because you “believe” we are not doing as much as you’ve done.

Poverty exists everywhere, and isn’t limited to a few countries or continents. It’s the level of poverty that varies, not whether it exists or not.

If you want to live a quality life in my country, you should have at least $900-1300 a month that’s for the capital city, in the smaller ones it’s a lot cheaper. Some of my fellow countryman would say that what I stated is too much, but if you do the maths for a good life here, that’s the amount you need per month.

Guest offlinehelpers

If you want to live a quality life in my country, you should have at least $900-1300 a month that’s for the capital city, in the smaller ones it’s a lot cheaper. Some of my fellow countryman would say that what I stated is too much, but if you do the maths for a good life here, that’s the amount you need per month.

Happy cake day! 😀

Feel sympathy for you…all are sellers like you…why should only Pakistanis, Indian or Bangali jump?

Oh my dear… just forget it… I believe I’m not able to explain that to you.

I always assume that people can read between lines, and I’m wrong with that belief.

Proof of that is how the thread took completely wrong turns into something focused outside your topic.

Just leave it there 🙂

Was nothing bad, just sarcastic 😉

Thailand, Indonesia…

Best times ever…

Read this article…our country is one of most charity giving countries…may be your country name is also there:sunglasses:

favicon.icoDaily Pakistan Global

ss-100827-pakistan-005.ss_full.jpg

The most generous countries in the world: Where does Pakistan rank?

NEW YORK -A leading study on global generosity, CAF World Giving Index has rolled out the list of most generous countries around the world and Pakistan has been ranked at 92 in the list. Pakis

Helping poor does not mean to travel… All are human beings. Whether they belong to your village or from any foreign country.

What I hate about these threads is the fact that it is suggested that a person’s basic cost of living should dictate how they price their services. This is garbage. My beer in the evening, my not living in a shanty town, and (my one day) going on holiday to somewhere nice would be impossible if I worked just to eat and pay the rent.

I am not a charity and I do not expect a buyer in Pakistan to offer me reduced prices because they can afford to eat for less. If this was the way the world worked, your iPhone would cost $100 max and we’d all be saying three hail Mary’s to Mao Tse-tung every morning.

Nobody invites you to comment such posts. Then why do you hate?

Don’t demean their work.

For Godzilla’s sake! Are you all reading good what i state?

I’ve been to Bangladesh, Thailand, VIetnam, former Laos and Cambodia…

For King Kong’s sake I’ve been 7 months living in Indonesia…

If I stated something to this thread was to make this seller aware that not everybody will take this information as “just conversational”…

Now you all can think what you prefer…

At the end this thread will not bring something positive for some people…

I’ve been to Bangladesh

Umm, what did you do here exactly? (Just curious)

Guest offlinehelpers

Nobody invites you to comment such posts. Then why do you hate?

I don’t think there was hate intended in cyaxrex’s post at all, quite the opposite in fact!

Thailand, Indonesia…

Sorry… What do you mean by Amazing things? Do you put your earned money in fire or use for living?

Archived