Threats and Blackmailing

marshallx13

marshallx13 Yesterday at 18:02

This is about a buyer (www.fiverr.com/******

1. The buyer contacted out of fiverr because of order related data transfer.
  2. Placed 5 orders for 5 different tasks regarding one project.
  3. Got the projects, was not satisfied with one task, though the task was on criteria and as asked.
  4. The orders were marked completed automatically but were not reviewed.
  5. After 4-7 days of order completed, the buyer gave a negative review on one of the orders, that was totally unfair.
  6. Now the buyer is threatening me via mail that he will write furthermore 4 negative reviews on the completed orders one by one if i don’t do his work for free.
  7. The buyer used more revisions than was offered.
  8. The buyer has underpaid for the work he got now the threats to juice some more work out for free.

P.S: Fiverr says it’s completely okay and they are okay with what a buyer is doing to a professional seller and his profile ratings.

Mod Note: Calling out sellers or buyers is against forum rules

If you explain this to CS, they should be able to either remove any feedback that’s left to you by that buyer, or even put that buyer’s account under review and prevent them from leaving any other feedback.

I don’t know why you said that Fiverr is okay with it, but I assume you haven’t contacted them yet?

If you explain this to CS, they should be able to either remove any feedback that’s left to you by that buyer, or even put that buyer’s account under review and prevent them from leaving any other feedback.

I don’t know why you said that Fiverr is okay with it, but I assume you haven’t contacted them yet?

I have, with proof, and screenshots and order links. They replied that they don’t find it threatning. And marked the report as resolved. I submitted a report again, because the buyer blackmailed me saying he will post a negative review each day. Is this a movie?

I have, with proof, and screenshots and order links. They replied that they don’t find it threatning. And marked the report as resolved. I submitted a report again, because the buyer blackmailed me saying he will post a negative review each day. Is this a movie?

I see how that feels like a movie indeed 😦 Sometimes it’s a good idea to get in touch with another CS member, because I’ve heard before of people having issues where a CS person wouldn’t help them, but after insisting on the matter another CS member came and helped them.

Keep insisting, keep sending screenshots of that buyer’s abusive behavior that directly violates the ToS, mention that as well, you can even quote the ToS page if you wish to, and don’t let this go.

I see how that feels like a movie indeed 😦 Sometimes it’s a good idea to get in touch with another CS member, because I’ve heard before of people having issues where a CS person wouldn’t help them, but after insisting on the matter another CS member came and helped them.

Keep insisting, keep sending screenshots of that buyer’s abusive behavior that directly violates the ToS, mention that as well, you can even quote the ToS page if you wish to, and don’t let this go.

Thanks for helping, brother… because i was almost Going to stop working on this platform where you can’t feel safe and have no support from the customer service strong text. I will keep insisting, the buyer has already given 2 negative out of 5. He actually contacted me out of fiverr, gave me his mail address in the fiverr messages, asked me that he wants to send over some files via mail. But i guess, his plan was something else.

marshallx13 Yesterday at 18:02

This is about a buyer (www.fiverr.com/******

1. The buyer contacted out of fiverr because of order related data transfer.
  2. Placed 5 orders for 5 different tasks regarding one project.
  3. Got the projects, was not satisfied with one task, though the task was on criteria and as asked.
  4. The orders were marked completed automatically but were not reviewed.
  5. After 4-7 days of order completed, the buyer gave a negative review on one of the orders, that was totally unfair.
  6. Now the buyer is threatening me via mail that he will write furthermore 4 negative reviews on the completed orders one by one if i don’t do his work for free.
  7. The buyer used more revisions than was offered.
  8. The buyer has underpaid for the work he got now the threats to juice some more work out for free.

P.S: Fiverr says it’s completely okay and they are okay with what a buyer is doing to a professional seller and his profile ratings.

Mod Note: Calling out sellers or buyers is against forum rules

The buyer contacted out of fiverr because of order related data transfer.

Well, did you get the permission from CS for violating TOS?

If no, there’s no way you can talk about this anymore. According to TOS, Fiverr support are helpless here.

If YES, then continue…

the buyer is threatening me via mail

If you show the proof to CS, they will take action. Threatening is completely forbidden on Fiverr, same rules for both buyers and sellers. Contact CS immediately.

The buyer has underpaid for the work

Then, why did you deal with the buyer? You should not start the order at the first place.

If so, then there’s a reason behind it! Find it, learn from the mistake so that you will not face the same thing again!

[details=Hide details don’t work under Spoiler](Extra: If you don’t get any help, in the end, he is a seller too, so order his 5 and do it with him If you want justice)[/details]

The buyer contacted out of fiverr because of order related data transfer.

Well, did you get the permission from CS for violating TOS?

If no, there’s no way you can talk about this anymore. According to TOS, Fiverr support are helpless here.

If YES, then continue…

the buyer is threatening me via mail

If you show the proof to CS, they will take action. Threatening is completely forbidden on Fiverr, same rules for both buyers and sellers. Contact CS immediately.

The buyer has underpaid for the work

Then, why did you deal with the buyer? You should not start the order at the first place.

If so, then there’s a reason behind it! Find it, learn from the mistake so that you will not face the same thing again!

[details=Hide details don’t work under Spoiler](Extra: If you don’t get any help, in the end, he is a seller too, so order his 5 and do it with him If you want justice)[/details]

1. No, i did not take permission, it was my first time someone contacted me out of fiverr.
  2. i attached the Pdf of the mail where buyer threatend me.
  3. I did the work he asked and was in the budget. He changed his statements after he recieved the order.
  4. The reason is, Customer is always right. No matter how unprofessionaly they treat the seller.

1. No, i did not take permission, it was my first time someone contacted me out of fiverr.
  2. i attached the Pdf of the mail where buyer threatend me.
  3. I did the work he asked and was in the budget. He changed his statements after he recieved the order.
  4. The reason is, Customer is always right. No matter how unprofessionaly they treat the seller.

No, i did not take permission, it was my first time someone contacted me out of fiverr.

First time or second time, you are lucky that Fiverr didn’t ban your account.

You just broke the rule.

I said, If Yes, then continue.

According to your answer, there’s no way you can continue. 😦

Now take the rest, forget everything when it’s over, move forward with new hope.

Freelancing isn’t an easy job! From 7 billion people, You can’t tell who is good for you!

That buyer is an interesting one… Use the old trick of typing “site:fiverr.com buyerusername”. He has one review as a seller (failed to deliver on time), and the only really positive review he gave was on a gig for picking up girls.

That buyer is an interesting one… Use the old trick of typing “site:fiverr.com buyerusername”. He has one review as a seller (failed to deliver on time), and the only really positive review he gave was on a gig for picking up girls.

OT:

Lol 😜

this tricks for my profile shows only the forum activity. 😕

image.jpg.a12db4b30343d76dddda9af7c433027d.jpg

Thanks for helping, brother… because i was almost Going to stop working on this platform where you can’t feel safe and have no support from the customer service strong text. I will keep insisting, the buyer has already given 2 negative out of 5. He actually contacted me out of fiverr, gave me his mail address in the fiverr messages, asked me that he wants to send over some files via mail. But i guess, his plan was something else.

Your biggest mistake was the interaction outside of Fiverr. It’s hard for CS since the initial conversation didn’t happen on Fiverr.

where you can’t feel safe and have no support from the customer service

Here is a copy from Fiverr’s TOS:

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted

Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.

All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr’s platform

No, i did not take permission, it was my first time someone contacted me out of fiverr.

First time or second time, you are lucky that Fiverr didn’t ban your account.

You just broke the rule.

I said, If Yes, then continue.

According to your answer, there’s no way you can continue. 😦

Now take the rest, forget everything when it’s over, move forward with new hope.

Freelancing isn’t an easy job! From 7 billion people, You can’t tell who is good for you!

Well, yeah, you’re right… By the way, work speaks, a few negative reviews can’t take over my every other positive review…

Your biggest mistake was the interaction outside of Fiverr. It’s hard for CS since the initial conversation didn’t happen on Fiverr.

where you can’t feel safe and have no support from the customer service

Here is a copy from Fiverr’s TOS:

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted

Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.

All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr’s platform

The initial conversation was on fiverr, and he gave me his mail address in the fiverr chat so i guess he’s the one breaking the rule here.

The initial conversation was on fiverr, and he gave me his mail address in the fiverr chat so i guess he’s the one breaking the rule here.

Your are responsible for your own action. You should have told him that all outside contact is strictly prohibited. Instead, you went ahead to contact him via email outside of Fiverr.

Here is my 2 cents advice. Instead of taking many orders from one client at a go. Take one order wait for the review, then take the other.

He placed all at once, i guess there’s no way a seller has a choice of accepting a order or preventing one.

Your are responsible for your own action. You should have told him that all outside contact is strictly prohibited. Instead, you went ahead to contact him via email outside of Fiverr.

Do you think a member and a seller since Feburary 2012, does not know that? Rather i just joined fiverr a month ago.

Do you think a member and a seller since Feburary 2012, does not know that? Rather i just joined fiverr a month ago.

Again, everyone is responsible for his action. You should have read the TOS

There are a lot of scammers out there. I am sorry this happened to you but all you can do is learn from it.

@n4y33m That’s because you haven’t excluded the forum. Here, try with this google magic (note the minus prefix):

"username" site:fiverr.com -site:forum.fiverr.com
Woofy

Yes, tried both. got the first link with Fiverr profile, rest is forum link 😛

Again, everyone is responsible for his action. You should have read the TOS

There are a lot of scammers out there. I am sorry this happened to you but all you can do is learn from it.

Thank you, at least this forum is more supportive than the CS. 😉

Now they are agreeing on putting the buyer under review by forwarding the case to trust and safety team. But not guaranteeing the removal of the reviews. Duhh… 😕

Reviews are here to stay, regardless of how crappy or malicious they may be. If they prevent the buyer from leaving more of those, consider it a win.

Now they are agreeing on putting the buyer under review by forwarding the case to trust and safety team. But not guaranteeing the removal of the reviews. Duhh… 😕

Fiverr really does not like it when you have outside contact with a buyer.

They sometimes ban sellers for this. It is possible in this case they won’t do that but hopefully not and you won’t do that again. No the customer is not always right.

I wish you luck with this.

Archived