New Cancellation Option: Against TOS

sellers should try everything they can to not cancel an order.

I , as a buyer , want to see that cancellation rate.

I´d be just fine for buyers to see my cancellation rate if the reasons for the cancellations would be shown as well, like ‘ordered ‘by accident’’, ‘changed their mind after ordering’, ‘was a seller with absolutely fake profile & a scammer’, ‘ordered a translation of a document with a falsified stamp of a university’ etc.

For many of us, most or at least a lot or even all of those cancellations wouldn´t happen if we could decline an order.

I never cancelled an order because I couldn´t or didn´t want to do it or took too many orders to be able to deliver on time or anything like that, in the over 7 months I´m here now.

If the reasons for cancellations were shown, I´d be all for it, would be a really good indicator for buyers to choose a seller or not.

I´d be just fine for buyers to see my cancellation rate if the reasons for the cancellations would be shown as well, like ‘ordered ‘by accident’’, ‘changed their mind after ordering’, ‘was a seller with absolutely fake profile & a scammer’, ‘ordered a translation of a document with a falsified stamp of a university’ etc.

For many of us, most or at least a lot or even all of those cancellations wouldn´t happen if we could decline an order.

I never cancelled an order because I couldn´t or didn´t want to do it or took too many orders to be able to deliver on time or anything like that, in the over 7 months I´m here now.

If the reasons for cancellations were shown, I´d be all for it, would be a really good indicator for buyers to choose a seller or not.

Declining an order (without any impact, of course) - a distant dream that I wished for and suggested so many years ago. I had thought that after over 4 years of suggesting that, it would ultimately become a feature. It didn’t. Preparing for the next 4 years of waiting 😛

Can you possibly imagine how much headache such a feature could solve? How much trouble or fraud it could prevent? How many cancellations it would prevent? How many nightmares it could turn into dreams? It could even be an all-problems solution! It’s the holy grail of all things lost.

It would be so big, that I still cannot wrap my head around it!

Declining an order (without any impact, of course) - a distant dream that I wished for and suggested so many years ago. I had thought that after over 4 years of suggesting that, it would ultimately become a feature. It didn’t. Preparing for the next 4 years of waiting 😛

Can you possibly imagine how much headache such a feature could solve? How much trouble or fraud it could prevent? How many cancellations it would prevent? How many nightmares it could turn into dreams? It could even be an all-problems solution! It’s the holy grail of all things lost.

It would be so big, that I still cannot wrap my head around it!

It didn’t. Preparing for the next 4 years of waiting

Chances probably are even less now, because 🐑

ok. my cancelation rate is 80%.

Now you got that information.

Based on the value given, what conclusions are you able to make?

Am I a bad seller?

Am I lazy?

Do I have more “fraud” or simply “out of reality” buyers in my niche than in others?

Am I more strict in rejecting “strange (fraud) business ideas”?

You´ll never know all these things based on a simple %-value…

Are you asking my opinion about your gigs even though I never seen you on the forum or on the main site?

@miiila

I mean this with all due respect, Don’t mean this specifically about you as I have never ordered any gigs from you.

Oh so many sellers don’t put enough details on their gigs. I contact sellers before orders so it is clear what is and is not part of the gig that way we can avoid cancellation.

@miiila

I mean this with all due respect, Don’t mean this specifically about you as I have never ordered any gigs from you.

Oh so many sellers don’t put enough details on their gigs. I contact sellers before orders so it is clear what is and is not part of the gig that way we can avoid cancellation.

With all due respect, Miro, but if a buyer clicks 20 gig multiples instead of the 2 s/he wanted (and then reordered immediately the right amount after the cancellation, since it was a return buyer who knew all about my gig s/he had to know anyway) it´s hardly the lack of details on my gigs.

None of my cancellations had anything do do with my gig descriptions, and I don´t have many in the first place, 2 in the past 60 days and five I think in the 7 months I´m here, it´s not my gig descriptions.

I´m sure there are cancellations that could be avoided, I´m sure there are many sellers whose gig descriptions are lacking, but I know that there are a lot of cancellations that can´t be avoided, different kinds thereof, and I´m just stating that I´m all for the cancellation rate to be shown if with the reasons.

If a buyer ordered something against the TOS, the subject of the thread, and a seller cancelled it - I might be weird of me to think that it would be pretty insolent to have such a cancellation figured into the rate and showing to potential buyers with no break-down as to the reasons, I don´t know, I think it either way.

We have to stuff so many details into our gig descriptions usually to make everything as clear as only humanly possible to the most varied kinds of buyers, while trying to keep it attractive, that the character limit doesn´t allow us to detail the TOS in there, on top of it all. 😉

As a buyer (and I did buy a few gigs and intend to buy more) I´d prefer to see the cancellation rate with reasons too, because some wouldn´t bother me at all and I´d order from the seller, some would bother me enough to not order.

Anyway, I just wanted to express my agreement with Sydney’s suggestion to add the ‘order is against to ToS’ to the cancellation reasons and, related to that, add my own take on showing the cancellation rate to buyers - and that of buyers to sellers - yes, but with percentage breakdown according to those choices one ticks when cancelling an order.

Archived