Sellers-Why don't you show the real YOU?

queenj123

I don’t use to use profile photo of me because I don’t want people to download it and use it for their purposes. It’s a good point @wuerz123 that if you post your entire name people will stalk you on social media. Therefore, I use my first name only, and I have a business profile across social media that clients can contact me on.

When it comes to the other freelancing sites, I use my full name and photo of me because they require you to do it. But if they didn’t I would use my screen name and my logo avatars just as I do here.

Most of my regulars don’t even know that I am a girl

Damn, for the entire time I thought you were a boy.

Damn, for the entire time I thought you were a boy.

See what I mean…?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find out the buyer is in fact a childless male.

And now answer me something.

Do you think these kind of buyers will approach you if you had a photo of a baby, or a Logo, or something artistic instead of your picture (with your baby… smh 😑) ?

Or you believe you will get just 100% serious buyers like that?

I tell you something:

I’ve got 30% more sales at the beginning when I had my picture without artwork there.

But just from a***holes who ordered for $5 and spent 15 minutes of chit-chatting, and… if I was direct and serious, they even left a lower review…

People trying to get my phone number, lurking in my Facebook, trying to get to know where I really live…

That’s not what I came here for.

I’ve got 30% less amount of work, since changing my picture for one with art on it, and took my video away also.

Since then, I’ve got just serious orders, companies, businesses, serious peole who wanted to work with me. Because I had my work to back me up, and not my “pretty” face on my profile.

Yeah I had a lot of BS going on when I first started selling here with not so serious sellers contacting me. I put my prices up and most of them went away 🙂

It’s a common thing here, and as much as I agree with what you say, it seems like some

people really believe that having those profile photos really help them get sales.

There was this one seller who used a photo of someone ( an actress BTW) and that seem to

help her/him get attention. I remember seeing in one of the comments “Thank you for your help, and you are so pretty!”

(that seller is gone, I’m guessing her lies have been exposed)

We will continue to see Brad Pitts and Britney Spears and Emma Watson here at Fiverr.

I’m so honored I’m working with such big name celebrities! 😏

Definitely. Brad Pitt just finished designing my explainer video, and Madonna reviewed it. Best service so far, 5/5. The admins sure did a great job on bringing in all those celebrities.

I mean, what else can you ask for?

I used my dog’s photo for the longest time. I would always get reviews that said things like “she’s one smart dog!” It made me smile 😁

However, someone offered to make a sketch for me so that’s what I use now. I also read you have to use a sketch/real photo if you wanted to be considered for becoming a Top-Rated Seller by the staff (< HINT, HINT!).

I used my dog’s photo for the longest time. I would always get reviews that said things like “she’s one smart dog!” It made me smile 😁

However, someone offered to make a sketch for me so that’s what I use now. I also read you have to use a sketch/real photo if you wanted to be considered for becoming a Top-Rated Seller by the staff (< HINT, HINT!).

you have to use a sketch/real photo if you wanted to be considered for becoming a Top-Rated Selle

In my category that’s far away from the truth though… most Top Rated sellers have artwork or Logos… don’t know how is elsewhere…

you have to use a sketch/real photo if you wanted to be considered for becoming a Top-Rated Selle

In my category that’s far away from the truth though… most Top Rated sellers have artwork or Logos… don’t know how is elsewhere…

I don’t know if it’s an “official” rule, but last year sometime there was a post from someone. She said she received an email, and was passed up for the TRS badge because she didn’t have her own photo up. Perhaps they meant she was using a model/copyrighted image 🙂

I don’t know if it’s an “official” rule, but last year sometime there was a post from someone. She said she received an email, and was passed up for the TRS badge because she didn’t have her own photo up. Perhaps they meant she was using a model/copyrighted image 🙂

she was using a model/copyrighted image

I can believe that!

Better than the other one 😁

Some Top rated sellers are small offices with few people, or companies or a group of people. It makes sense they would use artwork or a logo to identify themselves.

I have read on the internet that someone is talking about if you have female profile pictures than you get more sales on fiverr and some people believes in that too that’s why they don’t show the real pic of themselves.

Yeah, people have mentioned that on some popular blog somebody gave that tip.

I’m a buyer on Fiverr and I notice that sellers often use fake profile images of some model or of another person. Why don’t sellers show their real faces and list their name? You are a business and are self-employed, why hide that? Why not show the real you? I would rather know whom I am doing business with.

sellers often use fake profile images of some model or of another person

Did you really mean “often?” I can probably understand quite a handful however stating that “most” sellers are using fake profile images isn’t completely truthful.

Why don’t sellers show their real faces and list their name?

I personally don’t like my name or image being online for many different reasons. If you really would like to see who is behind the account, why don’t you send them a message asking for their name?

Why not show the real you?

I personally use my company logo as my profile image - I believe that’s professional.

I would rather know whom I am doing business with.

That’s understandable, however, what more do you need once you have reviewed their portfolio, reviews and interested in ordering from them?

Getting back to the issue with fake profile photo’s:

It’s an issue, and it definitely shows a lack of trust and transparency when a seller uses a stock photo as their profile image. So, to those that do so - This buyer and many other buyers won’t purchase a service from you.

I also read you have to use a sketch/real photo if you wanted to be considered for becoming a Top-Rated Seller by the staff

There is at least one TRS in my category who uses no photo.

Definitely. Brad Pitt just finished designing my explainer video, and Madonna reviewed it. Best service so far, 5/5. The admins sure did a great job on bringing in all those celebrities.

I mean, what else can you ask for?

Hahaha, your comment made my day.

Now, if I can get Anthony Hopkins and Morgan Freeman to do a voice over for me…

Russel Crow will work too, he has a great voice hahaha 😜

I also read you have to use a sketch/real photo if you wanted to be considered for becoming a Top-Rated Seller by the staff

There is at least one TRS in my category who uses no photo.

Me!! Me!!! * waving hands like a maniac *

To add to that, @aalarfaj, I personally won’t buy from anyone who either uses a celebrity’s pic or a picture of someone else whom it soon becomes apparent prooooooobably is not, in fact, them.

To ME, if someone’s willing to fake a profile pic, to fake who they ARE, they’re certainly willing to fake the work. And I’d rather not pay even $5 for work that may be copyrighted, plagiarized, etc. To ME, if someone’s lying about that one thing, that makes everything else they say/do suspect.

Honestly speaking, when I started with Fiverr even I used to keep a catchy image for my profile photo. Later, as a conscience I realized that I must keep my own image so that buyers know with whom they’re doing business with.

Reason why I used to keep a catchy image for my profile photo instead of real one is simply that I saw here on Fiverr that most of the sellers were doing so!

But honestly speaking, it feels real good keeping your own profile photo, using your real name.

I’m happy to know that you brought this interesting topic.

I absolutely understand why people hide who they are. I use my own photo, but I often consider removing it for two reasons:

1. The volume of messages from weirdos commenting on the photo, I would prefer these perverts didn’t have my full name too.
  2. The fact that new sellers will steal your photo, I’ve had to report a number of profiles displaying my face on their gigs.

Totally agree on the fake photos though, if they’re faking that, they’re probably faking their skills.

I’m a buyer on Fiverr and I notice that sellers often use fake profile images of some model or of another person. Why don’t sellers show their real faces and list their name? You are a business and are self-employed, why hide that? Why not show the real you? I would rather know whom I am doing business with.

yeah im real 😃

Archived