I just found a forum [Easter Egg]!

woofy31

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@thecreativeguys You’re welcome! I’m going to remove that spoiler to prevent others from finding how to do it 😛

@miiila Why flag them? Flagging is bad for such cases. Flagging hurts the profiles, doesn’t it?

Only flags people deserve hurt profiles, but yeah, of course you should only flag bad things. And afaik if an OP of a thread in a category like Conversations is fine with the off topics, that kind of makes them in topics. 😉

So, a wise, super secret forum frequent once told me this section is monitored by staff.

All these deleted threads 👀+y.

You should probably move this to conversation? 😀

Some responses from a moderator:

You should probably move this to conversation?

Thank you for the suggestion, it fits better here where it can be enjoyed!

Well, I ain’t got anything to hide, I simply deleted those because they went adrift and derailed from my original post/topic, and it felt like they were polluting the entire post. I assume it’s still allowed doing that, cleaning your own post?

Yes, you are allowed to self-delete for a purpose like this. The only time it’s against the rules is:

* when someone deletes repeatedly to try to break the rules on purpose and then hide it

* when someone deletes repeatedly throwing off and disrupting meaningful topics and keeps doing it even when warned about it

In a fun thread like this one, it’s kind of evident why you are testing and deleting. BTW - There are some Discourse developers who are on our forum so maybe one of them will pop in with an amazing Easter egg.

Careful, you might consider hiding those with a “hide details” / spoiler section - or else!.. the new users who heavily promote their gigs will use them all over the forum, imagine the horror of that

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! (@miiila you owe me some sunglasses. I’ve placed my current pair permanently by the computer to use while reading your posts. 🙂 )

Oh no, @fonthaunt you looked at @miiila’s shiny spoiler post - hurts the eye, doesn’t it? 😛

Also for @fonthaunt or the mod who did this: I just saw one of my posts was edited and pending review, the one where I showed it’s possible to depict programming language code snippets with syntax coloring via basic Markdown code, which may be of use to those having gigs in the Programming categories and sharing some code snippets or whatever - such code is impossible to be used as a way of blocking or impairing the forum, it’s merely visual sugar 😉

So how come simple programming code with syntax coloring is removed/edit away even though the forum editor box allows it fully? If it was not allowed, the editor area would have disabled that Markdown feature, would it not?

Some responses from a moderator:

You should probably move this to conversation?

Thank you for the suggestion, it fits better here where it can be enjoyed!

Well, I ain’t got anything to hide, I simply deleted those because they went adrift and derailed from my original post/topic, and it felt like they were polluting the entire post. I assume it’s still allowed doing that, cleaning your own post?

Yes, you are allowed to self-delete for a purpose like this. The only time it’s against the rules is:

* when someone deletes repeatedly to try to break the rules on purpose and then hide it

* when someone deletes repeatedly throwing off and disrupting meaningful topics and keeps doing it even when warned about it

In a fun thread like this one, it’s kind of evident why you are testing and deleting. BTW - There are some Discourse developers who are on our forum so maybe one of them will pop in with an amazing Easter egg.

Careful, you might consider hiding those with a “hide details” / spoiler section - or else!.. the new users who heavily promote their gigs will use them all over the forum, imagine the horror of that

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! (@miiila you owe me some sunglasses. I’ve placed my current pair permanently by the computer to use while reading your posts. 🙂

For Maddie

Now this is interesting as well:

OXOXOXOXOXO

Fun fun fun! °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸

/88888888888888888888888888\                    |88888888888888888888888888/                     |~~____~~~~~~~~~"""""""""|                    / \_________/"""""""""""""\                   /  |              \         \                  /   |  88    88     \         \                 /    |  88    88      \         \                /    /                  \        |               /     |   ________        \       |               \     |   \______/        /       |    /"\         \     \____________     /        |    | |__________\_        |  |        /        /  /""""\           \_------'  '-------/       --  \____/,___________\                 -------/  ------*            |                    \    ||               |                     \    ||               |                 ^    \    ||               |                | \    \    ||               |                |  \    \    ||               |                |   \    \    \|              /                /"""\/    /       -------------                |    |    /       |\--_                        \____/___/       |   |\-_                       |       |   |   \_                     |       |   |     \                    |       |   |      \_                  |       |   |        ----___           |       |   |               \----------|       /   |                     |     ----------""\  /"\--"--_|                     |               |  \  |_______/                      \______________/    )                                                \___/

OXOXOXOXOXO

/88888888888888888888888888\                    |88888888888888888888888888/                     |~~____~~~~~~~~~"""""""""|                    / \_________/"""""""""""""\                   /  |              \         \                  /   |  88    88     \         \                 /    |  88    88      \         \                /    /                  \        |               /     |   ________        \       |               \     |   \______/        /       |    /"\         \     \____________     /        |    | |__________\_        |  |        /        /  /""""\           \_------'  '-------/       --  \____/,___________\                 -------/  ------*            |                    \    ||               |                     \    ||               |                 ^    \    ||               |                | \    \    ||               |                |  \    \    ||               |                |   \    \    \|              /                /"""\/    /       -------------                |    |    /       |\--_                        \____/___/       |   |\-_                       |       |   |   \_                     |       |   |     \                    |       |   |      \_                  |       |   |        ----___           |       |   |               \----------|       /   |                     |     ----------""\  /"\--"--_|                     |               |  \  |_______/                      \______________/    )                                                \___/

Samurai…

OXOXOXOXOXO

|88888888888888888888888888/

|___~~~~~~~"""""""""|

/ _/"""""""""""""

/ | \

/ | 88 88 \

/ | 88 88 \

/ / \ |

/ | ________ \ |

\ | _/ / |

/"\ \ _________ / |

| |_ | | / /

/""""\ _------’ '-------/ –

_/,___________\ -------/

------* |

|| |

|| | ^

|| | | \

|| | | \

|| | | \

| / /"""/ /

------------- | | /

|– _//

| |- |

| | _ |

| | \ |

| | _ |

| | ----___ |

| | ----------|

/ | | ----------""

/"–"--| | |

|/ ________/ )

looks like she got squished in the quote lol

|88888888888888888888888888/

|___~~~~~~~"""""""""|

/ _/"""""""""""""

/ | \

/ | 88 88 \

/ | 88 88 \

/ / \ |

/ | ________ \ |

\ | _/ / |

/"\ \ _________ / |

| |_ | | / /

/""""\ _------’ '-------/ –

_/,___________\ -------/

------* |

|| |

|| | ^

|| | | \

|| | | \

|| | | \

| / /"""/ /

------------- | | /

|– _//

| |- |

| | _ |

| | \ |

| | _ |

| | ----___ |

| | ----------|

/ | | ----------""

/"–"--| | |

|/ ________/ )

looks like she got squished in the quote lol

Oh no, you killed the princess! my precious…

Archived