I just found a forum [Easter Egg]!

woofy31

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, no, didn´t refer, was just something that naturally came to mind when explaining away the 🐟

Well, I ain’t got anything to hide, I simply deleted those because they went adrift and derailed from my original post/topic, and it felt like they were polluting the entire post. I assume it’s still allowed doing that, cleaning your own post?

Well, I ain’t got anything to hide, I simply deleted those because they went adrift and derailed from my original post/topic, and it felt like they were polluting the entire post. I assume it’s still allowed doing that, cleaning your own post?

Exactly, I sometimes feel like that too, some posts just de-focus the reader´s attention and clutter up the thread.

Talking of derailings, Woofy is a great username, but what´s up with the 31, unless that´s a big mystery that shall remain shrouded?

The old forum supported colored fonts etc.

I read that there is a plugin for that which can be used for a discourse forum, but that would have to be done by the admins, can´t colourize ourselves, but, tbh, from some other forums, it might be better if not, else people will start to write in light yellow…

Please pardon my technological ignorance, however, I’m really lost here. I get these long unique prefix numbers when I type what I need to into the editor section. But…

Now what? What do I do with this information? If I create a post containing this data will an interdimensional portal open and transport me somewhere?

I need to know these things. I’ve got the kettle on the hob. This could be a huge fire safety issue.

Exactly, I sometimes feel like that too, some posts just de-focus the reader´s attention and clutter up the thread.

Talking of derailings, Woofy is a great username, but what´s up with the 31, unless that´s a big mystery that shall remain shrouded?

The old forum supported colored fonts etc.

I read that there is a plugin for that which can be used for a discourse forum, but that would have to be done by the admins, can´t colourize ourselves, but, tbh, from some other forums, it might be better if not, else people will start to write in light yellow…

That was the issue with the old Forum.

I would think that given the levels that we can achieve on the Forum, those options would be enabled for those who are active (and are helpful etc.) Meaning, Fiverr can introduce the “color” badge and only those with that badge can colorize their posts – ?

Sometimes underlining text, colorizing text can help.

Anyway, I’m happy about the fact that we’re limited with the amount of “editor” options we have.

OT Questions:

@woofy31 I saw a group on your profile.

1. What is that? I haven’t seen anything like that before. 😕

2. I read everything I got in this community but I can’t calculate this

478a760590f0c82bb43e68d371a5659fbe2d843e.jpg

being a TRS. 😕

@n4y33m

1. Unfortunately I cannot disclose that information - it’s reserved to a select group of sellers and provides us some additional features that cannot be seen by the others.

2. That profile may be a dummy test profile - Fiverr developers are known to use dummy profiles to test features and such (there was a discussion on this matter recently), so that might be the case and will probably be demoted soon 😉

@miiila

Thank you! Well, the 31 is a remnant of archaic times - back in the 2000’s there was a trend here (and probably in other countries as well) where we started using e-mail and such new fancy things, and because all the simple nicknames were already taken we started adding the predictable: birthdays (the 31st day of the month), special years, number theorists superstitions, favorite numbers and all that nonsense. I was one of those oh-so-predictable people, haha 😛

@thecreativeguys

I bet coloring was disabled because of overuse/abuse, especially by those promoting their gigs most likely in big yellow banners with bold red header text and blinking “buy me”'s with a big cake emoji on top of all haha!

@cyaxrex

There’s nothing special about those IDs. It’s just a programming easter egg - they’re probably something the developers omitted or forgot to hide them. But how do you know you’re not talking to another me from an alternative dimension after I used those codes? Or that maybe you already switched dimensions 😛

@n4y33m

1. Unfortunately I cannot disclose that information - it’s reserved to a select group of sellers and provides us some additional features that cannot be seen by the others.

2. That profile may be a dummy test profile - Fiverr developers are known to use dummy profiles to test features and such (there was a discussion on this matter recently), so that might be the case and will probably be demoted soon 😉

@miiila

Thank you! Well, the 31 is a remnant of archaic times - back in the 2000’s there was a trend here (and probably in other countries as well) where we started using e-mail and such new fancy things, and because all the simple nicknames were already taken we started adding the predictable: birthdays (the 31st day of the month), special years, number theorists superstitions, favorite numbers and all that nonsense. I was one of those oh-so-predictable people, haha 😛

@thecreativeguys

I bet coloring was disabled because of overuse/abuse, especially by those promoting their gigs most likely in big yellow banners with bold red header text and blinking “buy me”'s with a big cake emoji on top of all haha!

@cyaxrex

There’s nothing special about those IDs. It’s just a programming easter egg - they’re probably something the developers omitted or forgot to hide them. But how do you know you’re not talking to another me from an alternative dimension after I used those codes? Or that maybe you already switched dimensions 😛

Gotcha! Thank you. :smile:

@n4y33m

@miiila

@thecreativeguys

@cyaxrex

Would you support “the color badge” you’ve been so bored with the basic black text for while, you are now eligible to use colors fonts! 😂

Would you support “the color badge” you’ve been so bored with the basic black text for while, you are now eligible to use colors fonts! 😂

Ha, definitely - I’d love a color badge!!! That would make my day to be allowed to use reds 😃 And then a full formatting badge that allows me to insert tables of data and such - I have so many uses for all these!

It could be a “Primary Colors” badge first, and then “Complementary Colors” badge 😃

Ha, definitely - I’d love a color badge!!! That would make my day to be allowed to use reds 😃 And then a full formatting badge that allows me to insert tables of data and such - I have so many uses for all these!

It could be a “Primary Colors” badge first, and then “Complementary Colors” badge 😃

How’d you get the underline 😉

Yes, sure, because of the light lavender and light grey you guys used in there, but this is so easy on the eye!

Careful, you might consider hiding those with a “hide details” / spoiler section - or else!.. the new users who heavily promote their gigs will use them all over the forum, imagine the horror of that 😃

No, don’t tell me.

Okay. I think this thread will mysteriously disappear. Who knows. I’ve got the message “Try not cluttering the thread” error code.

Come on, click the triangle in my previous message, I know you want to look 😃 Now try it out!

Oh no, the thread’s going to clutter all over again with trial and error 😑 you can even flag your own posts, I tried once. -_-

Surefire way to gain popularity and likes too. I think I heard. 👀

[Disclaimer for the wrong eyes: this was a joke. Don´t do it. Only flag bad things that are worthy of a flag, false flags might hurt your profile more than that of the people you flag]

Archived