I just found a forum [Easter Egg]!

woofy31

I’ve stumbled upon a forum editor easter egg 😃 I love when that happens - so, try typing the following in the forum editor box:

*[\*]*
and it will get replaced in the Preview area on the right by a unique ID like *[\*]*.

Now try typing the following and you also put a prefix/suffix:

*[prefix-\*-suffix]*

which will result in a unique ID like [prefix-*-suffix]

Seems to also work with underscore instead of asterisks! Do any of you know of any other easter eggs? 😃

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve stumbled upon a forum editor easter egg 😃 I love when that happens - so, try typing the following in the forum editor box:

*[\*]*
and it will get replaced in the Preview area on the right by a unique ID like *[\*]*.

Now try typing the following and you also put a prefix/suffix:

*[prefix-\*-suffix]*

which will result in a unique ID like [prefix-*-suffix]

Seems to also work with underscore instead of asterisks! Do any of you know of any other easter eggs? 😃

Also, I can’t quote those two. 😨

See:

[*]

[prefix-*-suffix]

Also, I can’t quote those two. 😨

See:

[*]

[prefix-*-suffix]

You can quote them if you manually put them in the following HTML tags:

< blockquote >< pre > the code here < /pre > < /blockquote > (and remove the spaces in the actual tags, that’s how I quoted them myself haha)

So, a wise, super secret forum frequent once told me this section is monitored by staff.

All these deleted threads 👀+y.

You should probably move this to conversation? 😀 Those threads were tests for other easter eggs & text styling. Anyway, it’s been a long time for me since I’ve used the forums, I kind of feel new again to all this 😛

I´m sure it was just a friendly collieshangie, nothing to write home about…

Lol, a friendly what? I’ve never seen that word before in my life 😛 Is it pronounced like collie’s hangie? Or collie shangie? Or maybe col lies “hang IE” as in the browser 😛

Done! And thanks for the tip, Gina 🙂 Those threads were tests for other easter eggs & text styling. Anyway, it’s been a long time for me since I’ve used the forums, I kind of feel new again to all this 😛

You've reached the maximum number of likes today. Please wait 9 minutes before trying again.

I kind of feel new again to all this. 😛

Yeah! I was planning to ask you the reason. All of a sudden you’re posting a lot. 😛

Nice to see you around the forum. 😄

You've reached the maximum number of likes today. Please wait 9 minutes before trying again.

I kind of feel new again to all this. 😛

Yeah! I was planning to ask you the reason. All of a sudden you’re posting a lot. 😛

Nice to see you around the forum. 😄

I joined at the start of 2013, and I was a mad posted back in those days, too! But I stopped having free time, went through some issues as well, and I took a longer break from the forums. But now I’m back to the same avid poster that I used to be 😛

collieshangie

There isn’t even a translation to that in my language - I have no idea what it can be! Sounds alien-ish…

One of the most vivid terms for such occasions is a Scots term that is, sadly, rarely used. Collieshangie is thought to be a compound of the Collie dog breed and ‘shangie’, a term for an object tied to a dog’s tail. When shangies were tied to a Collie’s tail, it is said to have made them irritable. It has also been said that ‘collie’ could derive from ‘coileid’, a Gaelic word meaning a noise or disturbance.

http://www.scotsman.com/heritage/people-places/scottish-word-of-the-week-collieshangie-1-3193981

I 😻 rare and obsolete words, it´s kinda the only thing I collect, fits well with minimalism.

One of the most vivid terms for such occasions is a Scots term that is, sadly, rarely used. Collieshangie is thought to be a compound of the Collie dog breed and ‘shangie’, a term for an object tied to a dog’s tail. When shangies were tied to a Collie’s tail, it is said to have made them irritable. It has also been said that ‘collie’ could derive from ‘coileid’, a Gaelic word meaning a noise or disturbance.

http://www.scotsman.com/heritage/people-places/scottish-word-of-the-week-collieshangie-1-3193981

I 😻 rare and obsolete words, it´s kinda the only thing I collect, fits well with minimalism.

That’s a new one on me! 🙂

Hmm, I don’t know if that relates to my sad username or not, or if you were referring to noise or being noisy, but I’d say it’s none of that haha 😛

Hmm, I don’t know if that relates to my sad username or not, or if you were referring to noise or being noisy, but I’d say it’s none of that haha 😛

Lol, no, didn´t refer, was just something that naturally came to mind when explaining away the :fish:iness of the deleted posts. 😛

Archived