🌻 Fiverr is reducing (4041 editing gigs gone)

sydneymorgan

Guest render_worx

Hey, interesting thread for sure, keep it up! The fluctuations seem to come in bursts, however the tides are dramatic both ways.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked logo design - its is down to 45886!

= 26,121 less logo design gigs in the space of 2 weeks!

Currently logo design is at 32,000 so another 13,000 gigs gone!

It has less than half the number of gigs that it did 3 weeks ago.

SEO has also lost almost 1000 gigs in 2 days!

Wish I had checked that 6 weeks ago.

I agree with @miiila, this was a great idea Sydney.

Right now

All categories 59405

Logo design 46316

Right now

All categories 59405

Logo design 46316

I searched for β€œlogo design” and took the number from the β€œlogo design” subcategory.

That is what I have done for each time I checked it and it is still at 32k for me.

Fiverr made a bold and decisive move to delete so many sellers in this way and it shows they are committed to cleaning up the bad cheating sellers making it a better experience for everyone.

Don’t forget - not all gigs were removed because of inactivity, it’s safe to assume many of those are paused. I have multiple paused gigs.

You are searching for β€œLogo” not β€œLogo Design”.

I get the same results as you for just β€œLogo”.

You are searching for β€œLogo” not β€œLogo Design”.

I get the same results as you for just β€œLogo”.

Yes, you are right I was searching LOGO.

Don’t forget - not all gigs were removed because of inactivity, it’s safe to assume many of those are paused. I have multiple paused gigs.

WouldnΒ΄t pausing and re-activating/making new gigs kind of maintain a vague balance though on the whole as opposed to leading to the dramatic drops we’ve seen?

WouldnΒ΄t pausing and re-activating/making new gigs kind of maintain a vague balance though on the whole as opposed to leading to the dramatic drops we’ve seen?

Yes. That very well may be the case! πŸ™‚

But given the recent β€œphone verification” initiative, I’d only assume it comes into play as well.

Do we know what sort of criteria is used? Is it just the phone verification+inactivity?

The only thing I’ve noticed besides phone verification is that forum posts about suspended accounts have got up a fair amount. Besides suspension, others have been notified they won’t show up in search or that they have one or more gigs permanently denied. Many of those weren’t for phone verification, but for a variety of issues including crackdowns (it appears) on multiple accounts, homework gigs, the generic β€œunusual activity on account” messages and a few others. While that’s nothing official, the reports by new and questionable sellers seems to indicate more gigs being halted after an edit or other review action.

That’s an interesting thing, should we all look up to even more orders soon?

It’s possible that the 20% that have been eliminated were not competition for good sellers anyway. Sellers who feel they need to list the wrong country on their profile or have multiple accounts generally speaking don’t tend to be big sellers, or at least that’s my theory.

It’s possible that the 20% that have been eliminated were not competition for good sellers anyway. Sellers who feel they need to list the wrong country on their profile or have multiple accounts generally speaking don’t tend to be big sellers, or at least that’s my theory.

About the wrong country on profile by the way, I’ve moved since I create my account, but now, I can’t change it, will it possibly be a problem?

So fiverr lost about 20% of all sellers. And at least another 10% of all gigs.

So fiverr lost about 20% of all sellers. And at least another 10% of all gigs.

I think it’s safe to say that β€œlost” isn’t the right word. If accounts have been suspended or gigs removed, Fiverr didn’t β€œlose” those gigs – they willingly got rid of them, likely for reasons that break the rules, relate to fraud accounts, etc.

I think the word β€œlost” only applies if they wanted to keep those gigs. πŸ˜‰

• 2 weeks later...

β€˜Translation’ from April 30th to May 30th:

All Categories from (22204) > (11412) : down 10792
Translation from (20384) > (10589) : down 9795

from last screenshot, 11 days ago, to today, 17-05-30:
from 12315 (all categories) > 10792: down 1523
from 11429 (translation) > 10589: down 840

translation_17-05-30.png.412fb76a79ce262ec4ba235147fb0735.png

β€˜Translation’ from April 30th to May 30th:

All Categories from (22204) > (11412) : down 10792

Translation from (20384) > (10589) : down 9795

from last screenshot, 11 days ago, to today, 17-05-30:

from 12315 (all categories) > 10792: down 1523

from 11429 (translation) > 10589: down 840

This is incredible! Thank you for the update! I’ve been lurking on this post since it’s started. Haha it’s crazy how much they are cleaning house. 🏠

I have been noticing it as well, thought I was going crazy(er) there for a second. One of the things I have noticed as well has been the number of BR have seemed to have dwindled, not a bad thing but still curious to see if this cleaning house initiative has had some effect on that.

Archived