🌻 Fiverr is reducing (4041 editing gigs gone)

sydneymorgan

Wow! I wonder if there’s been less competition. I suppose there wouldn’t be much change if these gigs were deleted for inactivity, but I’m sure many were from duplicate accounts or fraud sellers.

That’s a lot of gigs gone!

Its not my area - I’m mainly translation and proofreading but you and Miiila have that covered 🙂

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised to see the category has shrunk a little bit overall (down 806 gigs). Who knows what the cause of it is, though. I had to verify my number weeks ago, but I’m not sure if they went by category or some other metric when rolling it out.

“Proofreading” from April 29th to May 9th

😀

Summary

This text will be hidden

Guest offlinehelpers

How does fiverr know which gigs are inactive? what if you created some gigs which are yet to get orders ,will fiverr consider those ones as being inactive?

No, that sort of gig is safe enough - I would think most of the missing gigs have been caught up in the recent phone verification.

Guest offlinehelpers

yeah but if that were the case it would affect the entire gigs on that account.

Yes - if you’ve verified your phone, your account’s safe, as are your gigs. If you haven’t, all your gigs disappear, along with your account.

yeah but if that were the case it would affect the entire gigs on that account.

I meant “inactivity” for the user’s account (not their gig). For instance, if someone doesn’t log in for so many days, their gigs are paused automatically.

But, I have no inside knowledge. It’s just guessing and looking at the gig count 😄

UPDATE

On May 13th, it was down 1000 gigs overall. Now:

“Proofreading” from April 29th to May 19th…

cebe5aeccbfe4e28b130d60f15ece148622608ff.png795ccf06dee50c8c8b0bf1be520d82963564f23a.png

About -4000 gigs overall (-3000 in the last week). Maybe this is the end of the phone verification cut off?

This is fascinating. I wish I had done this for my category. The phone verification may also have helped to get rid of those with more than one account, as well as those with the wrong country listed.

UPDATE

On May 13th, it was down 1000 gigs overall. Now:

“Proofreading” from April 29th to May 19th…

cebe5aeccbfe4e28b130d60f15ece148622608ff.png795ccf06dee50c8c8b0bf1be520d82963564f23a.png

About -4000 gigs overall (-3000 in the last week). Maybe this is the end of the phone verification cut off?

That’s incredible.

Can you imagine what 4000 inactive gigs can cause for the search algorithm?

I still stumble over ‚fake translators‘ all the time or they even message me to do their jobs before their next ‚seller failed to deliver on time‘ 1* rating, buuut…translation: down by 9889 gigs from April 30th to May 19th. Wow.

translation-17-05-19.png.8ce43c36702bf728582a883f0d29f37e.png

That was a great idea really, Sydney, very interesting.

There has been an increase of around 10,000 logo design gigs in the past 6 weeks or so bringing the total to around 72,007 as of right now. Will be interesting to see how that one pans out.

Just checked logo design - its is down to 45886!

= 26,121 less logo design gigs in the space of 2 weeks!

Just checked logo design - its is down to 45886!

= 26,121 less logo design gigs in the space of 2 weeks!

Currently logo design is at 32,000 so another 13,000 gigs gone!

It has less than half the number of gigs that it did 3 weeks ago.

SEO has also lost almost 1000 gigs in 2 days!

Wish I had checked that 6 weeks ago.

I agree with @miiila, this was a great idea Sydney.

Do we know what sort of criteria is used? Is it just the phone verification+inactivity?

They didn’t make any announcements about this aside from the phone verification so it can be assumed that’s what did this. It’s possible the problem was bigger than anyone imagined.

Archived