Good Looking Girls vs Good Looking Guys

gina_riley2

It truly amazes me that this is still a thing.

Surely people realize that if they are looking for images of good looking men/women, it is much more productive to go to the sites which eh… specialize in providing those. Much more detailed images available there too.

In all seriousness though, I have never, and will never contact someone on Fiverr based on looks unless there is a specific need for that kind of person - eg, a female/male/teen V/O etc. I’d also prefer not to work with people who choose me based their belief that I am attractive, rather than for my ability.

When that situation arises I will let you know and probably print and frame the conversation

@eoinfinnegan For quite a while, I thought the man in your picture is Peter Dinklage:

Peter-Dinklage.jpg.d382923d3a6528ad1567bdffbef2ad45.jpg

I hope I am not the only one who sees a resemblance 😛

As for fake pictures, they’re usually very easy to spot to me and I would not buy from someone who has one.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@eoinfinnegan For quite a while, I thought the man in your picture is Peter Dinklage:

b1461035359910feecfcd8eb520b649f2c382905.jpg

I hope I am not the only one who sees a resemblance 😛

As for fake pictures, they’re usually very easy to spot to me and I would not buy from someone who has one.

Ok, you caught me. And those dogs are pugs, I just said they were labradors because that makes me look bigger.

I’m not 100% positive but it claims they are from the U.S. but it says they are in a timezone where it is MONDAY and 5:00 AM when anywhere else in the U.S. it is no later than 5:40 PM Sunday and no earlier than 11:40 AM Sunday. If nothing seems to change, I might report her.

They should be reported - sellers/buyers alike can help clean and regulate the community with a simple message to support!

They should be reported - sellers/buyers alike can help clean and regulate the community with a simple message to support!

If it were that simple… you’ll be finding many of those sellers/buyers that need be reported, and you would either send a ton of tickets for each one, or a few tickets for bulks of 10/20 of them… which is still too much for CS to handle. And if more of us would do that, well, just imagine the flood of tickets!

If a seller messaged me asking if I could purchase his/her service, should I send a message to CS? I already reported them with the :flag_black:

The flag works.

If one particular user is constantly bothering you (with several different accounts etc.)

Contact support.

You can block a user from ever contacting you again thru the “report” button.

So many people acting high and mighty, tsk tsk.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Having a good pic is bound to get more sales. If anyone thinks looks don’t matter when it comes to selling better then it’s your opinion and I respect it - it’s wrong - but I still respect it.

When you go to buy a light novel you don’t open it and read the first chapter, you decide by looking at the cover.

Well, this is all I’ll say on this matter.

High and mighty is relative.

One would say don’t judge a book by it’s cover, you’re saying to actually lie to get someone to open the book.

As we would say from where I lived for a while “lipstick on a pig…is still a pig”

One would say don’t judge a book by it’s cover, you’re saying to actually lie to get someone to open the book.

As we would say from where I lived for a while “lipstick on a pig…is still a pig”

I love that saying haha! Where I am from it’s more like “a young granny is still a granny” (don’t ask) or “highschool from behind, museum in front”, but the pig one is even more awesome!

Well, if I can’t get you to at least read the blurb, I won’t make any sales.

Like you said, “Lipstick on a pig is still a pig.”

A bad book is still a bad book, no matter how good the cover looks. A good book won’t get the light of day if it has a bad title and poorly designed cover.

When you go to buy a light novel you don’t open it and read the first chapter, you decide by looking at the cover

Yes, but sellers are not books, they are people. I treat people in a different way to how I treat books.

For example, I have never put a person under a table leg to fix a wonky table.

It was just an example, I said it before but I’ve seen using a more attractive picture have better results.

I think there’s a misconception here. First judging someone’s skill to be good or bad based on their pic is wrong.

Even if someone is using a hot pic of themselves he or she can be pretty bad at what he or she does, likewise, if someone is using an Instagram models pic on his or her profile they can deliver great quality.

People don’t use their own pics is because they aren’t confident about their looks. I’ve seen this happen more than once. If anyone here thinks that the majority of people don’t take looks into account when making an order, well you might wanna reconsider.

Sure, having a hot pic might not be relevant to getting more sales but if you have an “unattractive” or “unappealing” pic then there will be damage to your sales. This is exactly why I used to use a Logo before rather than my own pic.

P.S

Have you seen your picture? It’s like God wanted you to look fabulous dammit and what on earth is up with those dogs?Do you own them or something? Can you send me some pics?

It was just an example, I said it before but I’ve seen using a more attractive picture have better results.

I think there’s a misconception here. First judging someone’s skill to be good or bad based on their pic is wrong.

Even if someone is using a hot pic of themselves he or she can be pretty bad at what he or she does, likewise, if someone is using an Instagram models pic on his or her profile they can deliver great quality.

People don’t use their own pics is because they aren’t confident about their looks. I’ve seen this happen more than once. If anyone here thinks that the majority of people don’t take looks into account when making an order, well you might wanna reconsider.

Sure, having a hot pic might not be relevant to getting more sales but if you have an “unattractive” or “unappealing” pic then there will be damage to your sales. This is exactly why I used to use a Logo before rather than my own pic.

P.S

Have you seen your picture? It’s like God wanted you to look fabulous dammit and what on earth is up with those dogs?Do you own them or something? Can you send me some pics?

It’s like God wanted you to look fabulous dammit

Can you send me some pics?

Selectively quoting just coz…

Anyway, back to the topic. Sure, I throw a glance at a good looking pic now and then. When someone has a downright weird or funny pic I will click through and check them out - that is 100% sure. Why don’t people just use funny pics? I don’t try to speak for the majority in what I have said above, just myself, the profile image someone uses is not likely to have much effect on my decision to buy from them.

I chose my own pic as I believe it looks respectable, I look relatively professional and the photogenic dogs that clearly love me will ensure that others will think I am ok too. The photo was actually taken casually, where I asked my daughter to take a pic of me with the dogs and she took it quickly with my phone before the dogs started fighting over the toy and ran off into the distance.

P.S

What the hell is this? I offer to take you out on a pity date and you say no “you want something more normal,” and now here you are flirting with the Mods! You, sir, are a cad.

I order mostly spokesperson gigs.

I am sorry but I am going to be honest here…I am going to order from an attractive person or if I need someone for the Latino market, I will order an actual Latino instead of a non-Latino that speaks Spanish.

When I used to hire people in real life, I only hired good looking people. That said, I didn’t hire people because they were sexy. You can just see in someone’s face if they are an alcoholic, bit shifty, or going to be coming in every day with a new life problem.

This is much harder to tell from just a photo, however, I was recently working with a buyer on another site who’s profile pick portrayed him as a burger in a business suit with more ego than common sense. - Then he went and took off with $50 of work without paying.

So yes. Looks are very important. Fugly, however, is actually one of the best looks. Also, people doing things in pictures always interest me. Those are the best to go for, people sitting with giant dogs, people holding little green peppers etc. In mine, I’m actually riding an elephant but I couldn’t find a way to make that come across.

Archived