What Are Your Goals With Fiverr?

Guest marsch001

Guest marsch001

Do you have any specific monetary or gig-related goal? I used to have a goal of “number of gigs within x number of months” but it was slow-going, so I changed it to $amount for the whole year - I recently reached that particular goal, and have now doubled it to reach by the end of the year.

Does anyone else have any similar goals - or goals that relate more to “I want to buy x with money I make from Fiverr”? And how does these goals help you keep motivated, since part of the way the website works means (unless you are very successful with responding to buyer requests) that we have to wait for buyers to come to us.

Do you change your goals often, or add to them?

Guest matt_garry

I have a few goals the most important 1 for me is to increase sales each and every month and I have accomplished this :_)

Next goal is to make enough to pay for my rent currently only pays for bills, grocery’s everything else and helps me put money into savings…

I also want to expand my business:D

Guest marsch001

Reply to @matt_garry: That is certainly an ambitious goal! I wish you the best of luck with earning enough to make a living off it.

I think having a goal of increasing sales each month is a good one; do you do anything in particular to try and make this happen (promote and such)?

Guest marsch001

Reply to @saddestsadist: If having happy buyers who comes back for me is a goal, I think it’s a very good one! And that sounds like a fun gig to do - do you have many orders?

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @marsch001: I get promoted but by others. A lot of people are looking for content for their blog or website. Most are more then happy to advertise you’re gig on their website free of charge because it makes their page look better. This forum is a great way to find these people:)

A lot of my customers also seem to share my gig on their facebook/ twitter and stuff but I do not ask them too.

I am also very persistent always mention to my customers extras. I will say something like sure I can do this for $10 but if you have a budget of $20 I can a much better job.

And always over deliver and usually put my tip jar at the bottom of my delivery

I would love to be doing 15 to 20 voice overs a day for a short term goal.

As far as a little further in the future I’d like to have some video gigs and art as well (Greeting cards , photos, poems ) As far as a long term goal I’d like to keep my 100% feedback and have more happy repeat customers than I can keep up with.

Guest marsch001

Reply to @saddestsadist: That’s something I hadn’t considered, that it might be a fun and helpful way to try and get over your writer’s block (I’m a writer, though not on the site, so I know what that’s like!).

I wish you the best of luck in getting customers. I’m sure you’ll have some soon.

Guest marsch001

Reply to @matt_garry: That’s great!

For me the extras aren’t quite as useful, because they are geared more towards more words (I do translations) so extras generally mean double the work (though I suppose that’s true for most people!). Being able to point out that the job would turn out much better if they paid for more is a good and simple way to earn more, I think, because it’s very true - you get what you pay for, in a way.

You have a separate tip jar? Do you find that people use it, especially if you link them to it directly?

Guest marsch001

Reply to @trailerparkruss: 15-20 voice-overs per day? How long does it take you to do them?

I think it’s a nice goal though, although you might not be able to keep it up indefinitely - do you think, if you have 15-20 orders per day, there will come a time when you just say “enough”? (Or maybe that’s when you need to extend the delivery deadline.)

I wish I could do art! It looks like a lot of fun (and rather profitable too) on this site.

As for your long term goal, it’s a great one - and something I think everyone should always keep in mind!

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @marsch001: yup it is separate people do use it for some reason no one has ever left feedback on it… its too bad because I think it would encourage others to tip if they saw others did

Reply to @marsch001: I’d love to do that many. It takes about 5 maybe 10 minutes to do one unless I’m having issues (which does happen) Also sometimes it takes me 2 days just to get to it because I got a lot going on usually. So if I have a bunch I’ll just work for a 2 or 3 hour block that day I already have all the recording gear setup so all I have to do is turn it on fire up the recording software and start talking. Also if I start getting that busy I will definitely need to make a longer time to delivery. Have a great day happy sales to you!

Guest marsch001

Reply to @matt_garry: That’s great. And I think you’re right, especially with the way the gigs are viewed as it looks as if there’s been no orders. I mean, I’m sure you don’t need people to leave a written review, but a small thumbs-up would do a lot for it, I’m sure. And it’s not really something you can probably remind people to do on a tip they’ve left (that might seem a bit greedy), although you could hope that they are reminded to return the favour when you thumbs-up their tip “order” - if sellers see it the way we do when someone has left a review (I’ve never bought anything on the site).

Guest marsch001

Reply to @trailerparkruss: That’s great. I haven’t really timed how long it takes me to do translations (as it varies, and not so much depending on the amount of words, but what kind of language it is and needs to be translated to) but it is a good idea to have an estimate (even if only for my own sake). It’d be nice to be able to do them in blocks like that, and feel very productive - but I tend to just do them as they come in/I have time (just in case I end up not having time) so unless there’s a few over-night that I can do “together” in the morning, mine are much more spaced out. But then, I don’t have as many orders are you probably do, but it seems to be going better and better.

Thanks, you too! 🙂

I have had 12 orders so far. So I’m just getting started. I would love to put an 8 hour day in every day just to keep up …that would be cool 🙂

I’m about to add some video gigs now that my camera software is functional hopefully they will show up on a good page position 🙂

Great fortune everyone!!

Well, mine might be a little bit different form the rest.

I am now in the summer break between my 3 to fourth year of university. It lasts 2 months, so I am trying to save up the money I get from other sources and only get around with my income from Fiverr, which is a bit hard to do to be honest.

It is something nice to try out as it really does keep you motivated to look for buyers and provide them with the best content you have in store. This does help out in the longer run. I might not be making a lot from Fiverr at this time, but it does work in a way or another. I still have to touch my other incomes to get around though.

Anyone else does the same thing as I do?

It is really nice to make extra money especially if you are at college, but it’s not the most important!

My primary goal is to practice and increase the quality of my drawings! And joining fiverr and trying to make money out of what I really love to do is just a very effective way to achieve my goal since there is a lot of competition here and some really gifted artists that I have to surpass!

Guest marsch001

Reply to @danielzo: That’s a great idea and I wish you the best of luck in earning enough to get around by your fiverr income. I’m not doing that, but I suppose what I am doing is the opposite, as I’m planning on saving the money I make from fiverr. This is mainly because the money that I do make from fiverr comes in at random times and the money I make elsewhere would (when I make it) come in at more set dates/all at once.

But I’m sure it helps keep the motivation going!

Guest marsch001

Reply to @enissay14: That’s a great goal and a great way to improve! I didn’t even think about the fact that there would be people here that would use the site not just to make money, but to see the money-making as a nice side-effect/benefit to the real purpose; improve their craft. Good for you!

My goal is to earn enough money from fiverr so that I can finally buy plane tickets to the US to reunite with my boyfriend :’)

I know that sounds really sappy but it’s true…

He’s in college and not exactly stable financially… so I can’t expect him to fly back here to Indonesia just to see me, since plane tickets are really expensive.

Then again, my other reason is that I want to practice how to do business, and see if I can bring a smile to a customer’s face 🙂 make someone’s day once in a while with good service.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marsch001

Reply to @babawhitesheep: That sounds like a great goal and I wish you the best of luck in reaching it so that you can visit him soon. And return home too, as I’m sure you would need to as well!

(And I hope, when you are finally able to go visit him, you’re able to find a good and not overly expensive ticket so that you’ve got some money left over.)

Archived