Fiverr Needs An Online Call Option

ssj1236

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. poll

All right, how has Fiverr still not gotten an online call feature? Seriously, the number of clients that want to communicate through s***e is way too damn high and turning them down, again and again, is getting downright annoying. Why doesn’t Fiverr has an online call feature like Viber or Whatsapp?

I understand a lot of people could misuse it but if Fiverr implements a call feature for active orders won’t it be like a win-win situation for everyone? And why am I the only person concerned about this?

Being able to communicate with clients verbally rather than contextually would really speed up things and improve the overall experience for both sellers and buyers.What do you think? Is this a feature you’d like to have?

• Yes
  • No

0voters

I despise the idea but it is likely to happen at some point.
Tell me how I can show CS how unreasonable a buyer/seller has been when it was all done on a voice/video call? Please don’t say I need to record everything to protect myself up to six months down the line.
That is just one of the huge issues this would cause.

Tell me how I can show CS how unreasonable a buyer/seller has been when it was all done on a voice/video call? Please don’t say I need to record everything to protect myself up to six months down the line.

Just have Fiverr record all of em and appoint a separate number for future review in case of any issues? That is rather doable and won’t affect quality in any way. Most video/audio calls would only need to be stored for a month at max considering how Fiverr operates.

@miroslavglavic the bandwidth and storage is a nice point but in all honesty, I doubt that would be an issue unless people are taking over a couple of minutes.

What about people with slow Internet connections, or those who don’t have/can’t afford unlimited Internet?

If you have 10 or 20 (or 200) orders in queue, how do you remember everything that every buyer said? Come to think of it, how do you remember it all for 5 orders?

What if the buyer’s accent is impossible to understand?

What about the creeps?

Do you really think that CS would listen to recorded conversations, possibly several times, to determine what happened?

It might be a useful feature for some, but I prefer to have everything in writing.

What about people with slow Internet connections, or those who don’t have/can’t afford unlimited Internet?

If you have 10 or 20 (or 200) orders in queue, how do you remember everything that every buyer said? Come to think of it, how do you remember it all for 5 orders?

What if the buyer’s accent is impossible to understand?

What about the creeps?

Do you really think that CS would listen to recorded conversations, possibly several times, to determine what happened?

It might be a useful feature for some, but I prefer to have everything in writing.

Ok, that I don’t have an answer for. Good point.

@eoinfinnegan this is not related to this post, so sorry. I wanted to ask how to send a PM to moderators you got any idea? Is it even possible?

@eoinfinnegan this is not related to this post, so sorry. I wanted to ask how to send a PM to moderators you got any idea? Is it even possible?

You can PM anyone by clicking their image/name and clicking message. If it is necessary, the mod you message can invite the others to the conversation.

PS: Regarding storing recorded messages, it would be necessary to store them for 6 months in order to be able to defend against chargebacks.

I think there needs to be a voice feature or the ability to use s***e, specifically, in any discovery/discussion period before an order for a Gig is placed. For those of us who work with Gigs that vary significantly from client-to-client and where a significant amount of money exchanges hands it would be very helpful for both the buyer and the seller.

You cannot get away with dishonesty as easily through voice & video as you can through text, so it would definitely increase the quality of service.

The abovementioned problems with documenting the interaction are very real, though. A good way to overcome them, in my opinion, is to require from both parties to write and agree on a contract that summarizes what has been agreed on in the video before each action in the ordering process i.e. submittal of requirements, request for revision, delivery, dispute request and so on.

It is illegal to record conversations on the phone in many states.

I don’t want clients calling me.

I don’t want them to have my number.

I don’t want to be getting calls all night.

I don’t need it. I want everything that is said in writing.

I get 100 messages a day as it is now and do not want to be tied to the phone.

No. No. No. Bad Ideal.

Fine if you want 10 sales maximum a week, Anyone working full-time freelancing works full-time freelancing.

Buyers need to get with the program, end of. Know what they want. Find someone who offers that service. Ask them RELEVANT clarification questions if they need to, then order.

Wanting a s***e call feature is like saying that anyone who ever goes to a supermarket should be provided with a free guide who can take them to the mustard and answer all kinds of interesting questions:

“So where does mustard come from? Why is mustard yellow? Is mustard mayonnaise? Do you think I’ll like mustard? - By the way, do you know what a cat is?”

No. Absolutely not.

Let the idiots through the gates of the final sanity security check and there will be mayhem.

While Fiverr probably will implement something like this anyway (or find a way to partner with s***e or something similar) I don’t want it or think we need it. I have the same reasons as many others have mentioned. If I wanted to talk with a buyer in real time, I would either schedule a time to chat via inbox or get Fiverr permission for a text chat of some other kind.

Since Fiverr already gives sellers permission to use s***e pretty readily if they offer a strong reason why it’s needed, like language lessons or consultations, what’s wrong with just going that route if you need it? That way those of us who don’t need it don’t have to deal with it and the associated technical issues.

No. No. No. Bad Ideal.

Fine if you want 10 sales maximum a week, Anyone working full-time freelancing works full-time freelancing.

Buyers need to get with the program, end of. Know what they want. Find someone who offers that service. Ask them RELEVANT clarification questions if they need to, then order.

Wanting a s***e call feature is like saying that anyone who ever goes to a supermarket should be provided with a free guide who can take them to the mustard and answer all kinds of interesting questions:

“So where does mustard come from? Why is mustard yellow? Is mustard mayonnaise? Do you think I’ll like mustard? - By the way, do you know what a cat is?”

No. Absolutely not.

Let the idiots through the gates of the final sanity security check and there will be mayhem.

Well said. Things are getting a bit overwhelming as far as the ongoing questions as it is.

I would need about ten lines coming in with 24 hour a day operators.
And I dislike talking on the phone. Imagine the accents from all over the world.
Imagine the abuse and prank calls non-stop to the point you couldn’t use your phone any more from angry or insane people. Obsessive phone call abusers, calling repeatedly non-stop over and over for hours and days and weeks without stop.

what about people who don’t want to dress up? what if you are on a not so clean t-shirt and shorts?

What if you are not wearing pants and your pants are being washed in the washer and you get a call?

What if there is a language barrier? many people who’s language is not english feel uncomfortable SPEAKING english. When I type this, I can have Google Translate on a second tab.

I would need about ten lines coming in with 24 hour a day operators.

And I dislike talking on the phone. Imagine the accents from all over the world.

Imagine the abuse and prank calls non-stop to the point you couldn’t use your phone any more from angry or insane people. Obsessive phone call abusers, calling repeatedly non-stop over and over for hours and days and weeks without stop.

@misscrystal you could report the prank callers?

what about people who don’t want to dress up? what if you are on a not so clean t-shirt and shorts?

What if you are not wearing pants and your pants are being washed in the washer and you get a call?

What if there is a language barrier? many people who’s language is not english feel uncomfortable SPEAKING english. When I type this, I can have Google Translate on a second tab.

I get it was a bad idea. Just wanted to know what the community thought about it.

@ssj1236

There is NO SUCH THING AS A BAD IDEA.

You had a thought and brought it up, the ocmmunity told you their opinions. That is how features get added or improved on most things.

All right, I’m already stressed enough since two of my messages got flagged by the trust and safety team on the main site I don’t need the extra baggage right now.

Archived