Why people buy from new sellers with 0Stars?

yurymuzlanov

Hi Fiverrers. I’m level 1 (means I’m new here - a few months only)
I remember my the very first order. One girl bought 3xGigs (English to Russian translation)
Honestly, I didn’t even expect to have any orders. It was very big surprise for me.
I did my work very good. I’m grateful to her. She didn’t contact, didn’t reply, didn’t reviewed me with stars ect.
She simply bought my 3xgig $15

Question. Why she had chosen me? Without stars and so on. I’m grateful to her. And grateful to Fiverr. (26 orders $462 Net income) I’m grateful to Fiverr’s Support - a few times they sorted my problems very good.

But all April is very quiet for me. Hope it will be better soon. 🙂

Cheers (Simply writing mood) 😉

I remember from another post being something about new sellers offering cheaper services (and I’m referring to the price of the gig cheap, not quality-cheap) that some buyers prefer, whereas more settled sellers or sellers with lots of reviews/stars bump up their prices because they’ve evolved over time and can afford increasing their prices to reflect the value & proven quality of their services.

Sellers with 0 stars mean that:

• They do not have fake reviews from friends & family
  • Did not break Tos to create multiple account to give themselves fake reviews
  • Did not trade reviews with another seller

If they have great profile, gig page and well written, its easy for me to trust him.

If I don’t know the seller, and he is level 1 or 0 with few reviews, I’d have to waste time going through the reviews and buyer profile to see if it’s legit.

I remember from another post being something about new sellers offering cheaper services (and I’m referring to the price of the gig cheap, not quality-cheap) that some buyers prefer, whereas more settled sellers or sellers with lots of reviews/stars bump up their prices because they’ve evolved over time and can afford increasing their prices to reflect the value & proven quality of their services.

The matter is that my price was not cheap. It was normal. Like most of others in my category. There were much cheaper ones 🙂

The matter is that my price was not cheap. It was normal. Like most of others in my category. There were much cheaper ones 🙂

When I was talking about cheaper services, I wasn’t referring to $5 prices… I was referring to prices that are below $50-100 like some long-timers are now offering as their base price, or even those $1,000 gig prices that still wow me.

If they have great profile, gig page and well written, its easy for me to trust him.

If I don’t know the seller, and he is level 1 or 0 with few reviews, I’d have to waste time going through the reviews and buyer profile to see if it’s legit.

They do not have fake reviews from friends & family

Did not break Tos to create multiple account to give themselves fake reviews

Did not trade reviews with another seller

Compliment: You should be a detective - so good logic! I think you are right 🙂

Maybe they buy to give new sellers a chance or maybe they are looking for a bargain. Either way it is just as well that they do. And yes … I am sure most people remember the excitement of their first sale!🙂

Maybe they buy to give new sellers a chance or maybe they are looking for a bargain. Either way it is just as well that they do. And yes … I am sure most people remember the excitement of their first sale!🙂

She simply bought on fixed price. May be she felt that I will do it perfect - and I did.

When I was talking about cheaper services, I wasn’t referring to $5 prices… I was referring to prices that are below $50-100 like some long-timers are now offering as their base price, or even those $1,000 gig prices that still wow me.

In my category 90+ % of gig_basics start from $5 per number of words.

I am also new here…

Well, I’m also a new one! So from my point of view,
Your answer depends on types of buyers.
Lots of buyers trying to find cheaper services and newbie often offer low-cost services for attracting those buyers!
However, I always try to look positive side as @Gina described like Sherlock 😉
You do not need to bite every single apple to taste the sweetness.
There are lots of buyers who can guess the experience by looking at any sellers profile, doesn’t matter the review is zero or hundred. 😉

Lots of buyers trying to find cheaper services and newbie often offer low-cost services for attracting those buyers!

There are lots of buyers who can guess the experience by looking at any sellers profile, doesn’t matter the review is zero or hundred. 😉

Yes. And my price was not cheap. It was normal, like the most of others. There are much cheaper ones :slight_smile:

Just because a seller is new on Fiverr and don’t have any reviews till now, it doesn’t mean that his or her skill set is low or ameture. I know that seeing reviews before you buy a gig would reassure you. But I guess a well written gig and a proper conversation would do the same for a buyer.

Just because a seller is new on Fiverr and don’t have any reviews till now, it doesn’t mean that his or her skill set is low or ameture. I know that seeing reviews before you buy a gig would reassure you. But I guess a well written gig and a proper conversation would do the same for a buyer.

That is true. But I’ve seen some well written new gigs before that were actually copied over from other sellers who have many reviews on their original gigs, so seeing a well written gig alone is of no assurance in this case (unless you engage in a conversation like you said, which would prove some things) - and it seems to be a common thing among some new sellers to copy the info of a top ranking or good performing gig 😦

That is true. But I’ve seen some well written new gigs before that were actually copied over from other sellers who have many reviews on their original gigs, so seeing a well written gig alone is of no assurance in this case (unless you engage in a conversation like you said, which would prove some things) - and it seems to be a common thing among some new sellers to copy the info of a top ranking or good performing gig 😦

Most buyers talk to sellers before placing the order I guess and some also ask for samples. So if a seller don’t communicate properly or with par to his/her description, that’d definitely be a deal breaker.

She is the only person who can tell you exactly why she has chosen you. Everybody else can only make assumptions.

She is the only person who can tell you exactly why she has chosen you. Everybody else can only make assumptions.

The question is really not only about this order. Everybody here had the very first buyer who simply bought from a starless seller 🙂

The question is really not only about this order. Everybody here had the very first buyer who simply bought from a starless seller 🙂

Not everybody. In 2010 there weren’t so many gigs since the site was still very new, so some of us including me didn’t have much or any competition, so obviously we were the only gigs they could find.

Well, I would have never hired you nor would I have trusted you, if you weren’t a regular contributing member of the forum.

I already knew your work ethics and skills, therefore no need to look things up and waste my time.

You never know where that next client is hiding!

it was for @yurymuzlanov. 😬

Archived