What is going on with new buyers?

anamariaedan

I really hate complaining, but it seems like something is going on with Fiverr in the last month.

Apart from buyers never actually reading the gig’s description, there are so many buyers who do not seem to understand that as sellers, we cannot answer to each message the minute it comes or deliver an order as quickly as we get them.

Two experiences today made me really reconsider working here, although I really love Fiverr. This isn’t a cry for help or me saying I give up because I won’t. I simply would like to hear your opinions on why do these things happen so much lately.

First, I get about 10 messages one after another from a buyer explaining what she needs, attaching her material and then while not even getting the chance to download the document yet, she already sends another message ‘‘Can you do it or not? it’s a simple assignment which can be done by anyone’’. While typing in trying to explain that I will let her know as soon as I see the documents, I already get another one within seconds ‘‘I’m moving on; thanks for being useless’’.

At this point, I was already mad considering the fact that she mentioned she works in a corporation and really amazed at how she treats people she would work with. While moving on with my orders I get two notifications that the buyer wants to cancel due to unresponsive seller. What? He ordered something not even matching my gig which I decided I would do to avoid one more cancellation this month, as I got more than 13, with a standard delivery time frame of 3 days. He never asked me anything else and he did receive my message thanking him for his order and letting him know the order would be delivered in 3 days. While there were 9 hours left to deliver, he claims I was unresponsive and wants his funds back, while also calling me ‘‘ma’am’’, which says a lot about him.

If these were the only two cases this week, I would ignore them completely. However, it happens more and more. Why do you think buyers act like this? Is it because of new sellers who deliver and respond to messages extremely fast hoping for their first 5-star reviews, raising the expectations? I used to do it too, sometimes I didn’t even sleep until knowing all my orders were delivered as soon as I was getting them but now that I have more than 2-3 orders every day, I simply cannot do it anymore and my deliveries get close to the delivery time established by the order choice. Not to mention that answering messages within an hour is just incredibly hard, I cannot stop working every 5 minutes.

I would really appreciate hearing from you. How do you handle these situations? 😊

Ana,

Congratulations!! You have become a successful seller on 5r! 😀

Like I told you before, you have great gigs, which means you will attract the best buyers as well as the cuckoo buyers. 😁

I don’t have solutions, just wanted to add the positive to your negative experiences. I hope you don’t leave, you’re one of my favorite posters on the forum.

I really hate complaining, but it seems like something is going on with Fiverr in the last month.

Apart from buyers never actually reading the gig’s description, there are so many buyers who do not seem to understand that as sellers, we cannot answer to each message the minute it comes or deliver an order as quickly as we get them.

Two experiences today made me really reconsider working here, although I really love Fiverr. This isn’t a cry for help or me saying I give up because I won’t. I simply would like to hear your opinions on why do these things happen so much lately.

First, I get about 10 messages one after another from a buyer explaining what she needs, attaching her material and then while not even getting the chance to download the document yet, she already sends another message ‘‘Can you do it or not? it’s a simple assignment which can be done by anyone’’. While typing in trying to explain that I will let her know as soon as I see the documents, I already get another one within seconds ‘‘I’m moving on; thanks for being useless’’.

At this point, I was already mad considering the fact that she mentioned she works in a corporation and really amazed at how she treats people she would work with. While moving on with my orders I get two notifications that the buyer wants to cancel due to unresponsive seller. What? He ordered something not even matching my gig which I decided I would do to avoid one more cancellation this month, as I got more than 13, with a standard delivery time frame of 3 days. He never asked me anything else and he did receive my message thanking him for his order and letting him know the order would be delivered in 3 days. While there were 9 hours left to deliver, he claims I was unresponsive and wants his funds back, while also calling me ‘‘ma’am’’, which says a lot about him.

If these were the only two cases this week, I would ignore them completely. However, it happens more and more. Why do you think buyers act like this? Is it because of new sellers who deliver and respond to messages extremely fast hoping for their first 5-star reviews, raising the expectations? I used to do it too, sometimes I didn’t even sleep until knowing all my orders were delivered as soon as I was getting them but now that I have more than 2-3 orders every day, I simply cannot do it anymore and my deliveries get close to the delivery time established by the order choice. Not to mention that answering messages within an hour is just incredibly hard, I cannot stop working every 5 minutes.

I would really appreciate hearing from you. How do you handle these situations? 😊

‘‘Can you do it or not? it’s a simple assignment which can be done by anyone’’.

This would be the end of the conversation for me. Depending on my mood and on the rest they already said, my reply would be either of: nothing at all/‘I’m sure you´ll find someone to do it quickly then. Have a nice day!’/‘Well, do it yourself then.’

‘‘Can you do it or not? it’s a simple assignment which can be done by anyone’’.

This would be the end of the conversation for me. Depending on my mood and on the rest they already said, my reply would be either of: nothing at all/‘I’m sure you´ll find someone to do it quickly then. Have a nice day!’/‘Well, do it yourself then.’

After seeing her last message I told her it would be best to find a new seller who is looking for work and who can focus all the attention she needs on her project. 😄 Few seconds after she let me know that she already did. Haha.

Ana,

Congratulations!! You have become a successful seller on 5r! 😀

Like I told you before, you have great gigs, which means you will attract the best buyers as well as the cuckoo buyers. 😁

I don’t have solutions, just wanted to add the positive to your negative experiences. I hope you don’t leave, you’re one of my favorite posters on the forum.

Your replies always make me blush. 😊 Thank you so much! I’m not even that successful and already struggling to keep up. I have no idea how Top Rated Sellers do it! 😄

I hope for her then that she found a seller who can do what she needs done and tolerate her behaviour. Because ‘can be done by anyone’ may be a fantasy of hers, but not reality, as any frequent forum reader knows only too well. 😉

These things are normal as there are all kinds of people here.

I don’t pay much attention to rudeness and am simply happy when they don’t order.

am simply happy when they don’t order.

Me too! But most of them do order prior to messaging me and I have to cancel order after order.

I’ve been getting new buyers who dont ever fill in the requirements. One ordered 3 things and has not for two weeks filled in the requirements.

I had those too. Finally, after more than 4 months I decided to contact customer support for a cancellation. It’s crazy how they send the payment and then just leave the website and completely forget about the order, although they even get email notifications to complete it.

What I can’t stand is the kind of buyer who you try to be polite with but who suddenly turns into a verbal n**i when you try to ask simple questions.

I had a guy yesterday ask me if I could write 25 pages of content and create 25 explainer videos for $25 each. This in itself is a very unreasonable request. However, if the person wanted one template video creating and modified 25 times to showcase different aspects of his site, it might have been negotiable. The problem was he didn’t tell me what kind of content he wanted.

Politely, I ask people like this for clarification. I mean I can’t agree to write what is essentially a novel about nothing.

In answer, I get: ‘It’s about cars.’

Okay… What about cars? Do you sell cars? Are you a mechanic? What is the context?

Finally, after several messages with still no clarification, just one-word answers, I let the buyer go saying, “sorry, I won’t be able to help you if you can’t be more specific about what you need.” Then in reply, I get the buyer go crazy telling me that if I was serious about my business, I would supply him with a questionnaire and detailed site map. Then he types, ‘GOOD LUCK’ in all caps.

WTF? - You seriously come here asking for a huge discount on work which you can’t actually detail and lose patience with me?

The bigger problem here, though, is that people like this eventually find a seller on Fiverr desperate to take in any project and the buyer eventually ends up with a load of garbage content which they can’t use. Then they turn around and say 'THIS SELLER IS A FRAUD! FIVERR IS A SCAM!

• Er no. The problem matey is that you’re 99% ego and about as bright as a deaf mute Russian Dwarf hamster.

Archived