Don't start the gig clock until necessary info or files have been provided

corycee

My issue is this: All of my gigs require that an image be provided for me to work with. Most of my gigs are for photo-editing. The problem is that I recently had a buyer purchase a gig and then tell me they’d send the files later. I had to bother them for quite some time to finally receive the files in order to even begin thinking about starting the gig. The whole time this was going on, the gig clock kept on ticking.

My thought was this:

When sellers need to ship something, they’re provided with a checkbox in the gig creation page to show that they need to physically ship an item. I think that sellers who require files or info should have the option to check a box for that during gig creation. If the box is checked, and a buyer purchases a gig without providing the files necessary, the clock shouldn’t start. Once the buyer provides the files, the clock should begin.

Just an idea, but it would save so many people a lot of trouble.

I have the same exact damn problem in Fiverr. I can get my gigs out in a three hour period. I am forced to set it to at least 3 days delivery. In the description box I set all the instructions. In capital letters I write: IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR CONCERN - DO NOT ANSWER HERE - USE THE PERSONAL MESSAGE SYSTEM INSTEAD

Yet… they continue to start the damn countdown with stupid comments and questions instead of the images/videos and text. SO FRUSTRATING!

PLEASE… PLEASE… PLEASE… We need a SOLUTION quick! It’s been OVER A YEAR with the same problem!

• 1 year later...

I am having a slightly different problem within the program. I received two gigs, within two hours of one another. But the clock on one of them gave me 24 hours less than the other. I have never seen this happen; has anyone else?

yes! i think it would be great to be able to start the clock once all requirement are met!

And also to keep in mind that if you get 10 orders within an hour… and have 24 hours to deliver each one… it should take that into considerations. especially when more than one gig is being offered by the same seller. Put that Queue line to use, and start counting down maybe if seller checks a box saying, yes I can have all of these done today… or … i can get these 4 done today…

Archived